Columbia Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

When will you be moving in / to NYC?

Already in the city / before end of June
8%
Early or mid-July
2%
End of July
10%
August 1~4
14%
August 5~8
24%
August 9~12
24%
August 13~15
12%
After August 15, because IDGAF
8%

Total votes: 51

tlsapp2017

Bronze

Re: Columbia Class of 2017

Post by tlsapp2017 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Gary wrote:
tlsapp2017 wrote:
Gary wrote:Guise.. how do you log onto LawNet :oops:
It said somewhere that admitted students can't log on until May 1
Oh... the one time in my life i don't procrastinate...
Hahaha same. I just looked again and it actually says "beginning after May 1," so maybe not until the 2nd? The language is kind of unclear.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:32 pm

something tells me they won't be that precise about it

ETA: re: procrastination/jumping the gun... I already have lionmail on my phone O_O

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:37 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working to well) because its always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.
Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:

milkandcheerios

Bronze

Post by milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:47 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working too well) because it's always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.
Yea I'm not proud to admit I've fb stalked everyone who committed on the group page... :oops:

holy jesus look at all my all my typos in that post :oops:

but yeah......same thing here haha

dc91

Bronze

Post by dc91 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:54 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working too well) because it's always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.

Y'all are more dedicated than I am. I stopped after I got through the hot/interestingly named people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
I'm trying so hard to resist the urge to creep on FB (its not working to well) because its always a strange feeling when you're meeting someone for the first time and you acting like strangers even though you know all this stuff about them.
the whole reason for those committed posts is so people in the group will come check them out, they know what they're doing and have properly modified their privacy settings beforehand.

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:14 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:

:lol:

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:15 pm

I have about 15 uncles and aunts who suddenly decided to make fb profiles, so i also deleted my fb. Easier to just not have one than understand those privacy settings. Now i feel bad that i can't get in on the stalking party :cry:

buffalo_

Bronze

Post by buffalo_ » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

EquallyWrong

Gold

Post by EquallyWrong » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:28 pm

buffalo_ wrote:It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.
facebook does come with a search function.
Last edited by EquallyWrong on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheYesGuy

New

Post by TheYesGuy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:
the whole reason for those committed posts is so people in the group will come check them out, they know what they're doing and have properly modified their privacy settings beforehand.
Isn't getting people to pay attention to you the entire reason for everything on Facebook? Also you can find the group incredibly easily by searching on Facebook for "Columbia Law..." so I wouldn't make any assumptions.

Edit: should have read the "someone has posted blah blah blah" warning I guess.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 pm

EquallyWrong wrote:
buffalo_ wrote:It's probably a pretty safe bet that if someone is a member of the FB group that they are on this board. I'm not aware of any other way to find it.
facebook does come with a search function.
In all fairness, the CLS group didn't show up on search until we had at least around 70. FaceBook doesn't let groups become searchable until it has a good amount of traffic and members.

milkandcheerios

Bronze

Post by milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:01 pm

moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:

OMG why do I even bother :/

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

milkandcheerios

Bronze

Post by milkandcheerios » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?

fleurdelis2

Bronze

Post by fleurdelis2 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:04 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?
I emailed both the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices to confirm, but I think depositing is sufficient.

BanjoCalhoun

New

Post by BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.

dc91

Bronze

Post by dc91 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:
moopness wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:

OMG why do I even bother :/
oh, that wasn't just a radio edit?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:13 pm

fleurdelis2 wrote:
milkandcheerios wrote:Question! Do we need to do anything extra to claim our scholarships/fin aid (a la NYU) or is depositing enough?
I emailed both the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices to confirm, but I think depositing is sufficient.
They told me depositing is enough, so you're good to go!

moopness

Bronze

Post by moopness » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm

BanjoCalhoun wrote:Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.
I do as well, but it used to say 2017. Does this mean we get to graduate a year early?! :D

tlsapp2017

Bronze

Post by tlsapp2017 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

moopness wrote:
BanjoCalhoun wrote:Anyone else have the admitted student site banner say "Class of 2016" across the bottom after depositing? Just wondering if this has something to do with not being able to make my Lionmail account.
I do as well, but it used to say 2017. Does this mean we get to graduate a year early?! :D
You didn't hear that they changed the JD program to be only two years?! :P

FOM

New

Post by FOM » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:36 pm

Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scoobysnax

Bronze

Post by scoobysnax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:53 pm

FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us
all I got was a "purchase confirmation"

BanjoCalhoun

New

Post by BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:58 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
FOM wrote:Anyone get confirmation after paying the deposit online? Any way to check if everything is all set? Getting nervous now that deadline day is upon us
Same here with the purchase confirmation. Also emailed them so hoping they'll say I'm set for now. Other people were saying the deposit is sufficient but I haven't been able to register a UNI number...

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 pm

BanjoCalhoun wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:
Same here with the purchase confirmation. Also emailed them so hoping they'll say I'm set for now. Other people were saying the deposit is sufficient but I haven't been able to register a UNI number...

I got the purchase confirmation immediately and a thank you email with further instructions today (few days later).

BanjoCalhoun

New

Post by BanjoCalhoun » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Balthy wrote:
BanjoCalhoun wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:

I got the purchase confirmation immediately and a thank you email with further instructions today (few days later).
Thanks that puts my mind at ease.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”