UPenn Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What section are you in?

1A
3
19%
1B
3
19%
2A
4
25%
2B
3
19%
3A
2
13%
3B
1
6%
 
Total votes: 16

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 pm

samoby wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Did you guys see the post on the official Facebook group? I REALLY NEED to be in section 2.


Seriously! Can we request these things? My Morris Fellow needs to set me up with this.


How do you already know what sections are what? And what their schedule is?

User avatar
rutgers17
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby rutgers17 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 pm

gobosox wrote:
samoby wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Did you guys see the post on the official Facebook group? I REALLY NEED to be in section 2.


Seriously! Can we request these things? My Morris Fellow needs to set me up with this.


How do you already know what sections are what? And what their schedule is?


One of the current students posted last year's schedules for the 3 sections in the Admitted Students Facebook. No one knows what section they're actually in yet, but since the first year is planned for us it will be one of the 3 that he posted.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Nelson » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:24 am

rutgers17 wrote:
gobosox wrote:
samoby wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Did you guys see the post on the official Facebook group? I REALLY NEED to be in section 2.


Seriously! Can we request these things? My Morris Fellow needs to set me up with this.


How do you already know what sections are what? And what their schedule is?


One of the current students posted last year's schedules for the 3 sections in the Admitted Students Facebook. No one knows what section they're actually in yet, but since the first year is planned for us it will be one of the 3 that he posted.

This changes every year. Last year's schedule tells you nothing.

User avatar
rutgers17
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby rutgers17 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 am

rutgers17 wrote:
gobosox wrote:
samoby wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:
Seriously! Can we request these things? My Morris Fellow needs to set me up with this.


How do you already know what sections are what? And what their schedule is?


One of the current students posted last year's schedules for the 3 sections in the Admitted Students Facebook. No one knows what section they're actually in yet, but since the first year is planned for us it will be one of the 3 that he posted.

This changes every year. Last year's schedule tells you nothing.


oh, my mistake. after looking again, it appears he posted this year's blocks. i'm not sure how he got it, but it seems to be that our schedule will be one of the three options he posted depending on what section we're in. though I could be wrong on this and he's just posting it to give us an idea.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby samoby » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 am

oh, my mistake. after looking again, it appears he posted this year's blocks. i'm not sure how he got it, but it seems to be that our schedule will be one of the three options he posted depending on what section we're in. though I could be wrong on this and he's just posting it to give us an idea.


He posted this link: https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/files/94 ... ulefallpdf

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby wlee1220 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 pm

How long did it take to get access to the c/o 2017 fb page?

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:29 pm

samoby wrote:
oh, my mistake. after looking again, it appears he posted this year's blocks. i'm not sure how he got it, but it seems to be that our schedule will be one of the three options he posted depending on what section we're in. though I could be wrong on this and he's just posting it to give us an idea.


He posted this link: <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/files/940-1lblockschedulefallpdf"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>law</span><span>.</span><span>upenn</span><span>.</span><span>edu</span><span>/</span><span>live</span><span>/</span><span>files</span><span>/</span><span>940</span><span>-</span><span>1lblockschedulefallpdf</span></a>


Explains why everyone wants section II…..

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby tigersaresexy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:42 pm

wlee1220 wrote:How long did it take to get access to the c/o 2017 fb page?


I think it took a day and a half for me after I requested to join. It's the weekend though, you probably won't get in before Monday

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 am

samoby wrote:
oh, my mistake. after looking again, it appears he posted this year's blocks. i'm not sure how he got it, but it seems to be that our schedule will be one of the three options he posted depending on what section we're in. though I could be wrong on this and he's just posting it to give us an idea.


He posted this link: https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/files/94 ... ulefallpdf

God. 9 am class NEVER AGAIN.

Also interesting that they actually did put torts and crim in the same semester. That'll either be great or suck.

And based purely on professors, 2B is where it's at. Burbs is brilliant, but Katz pretty well negates all his awesomeness and then some.

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:48 pm

B.B. Homemaker wrote:
samoby wrote:
oh, my mistake. after looking again, it appears he posted this year's blocks. i'm not sure how he got it, but it seems to be that our schedule will be one of the three options he posted depending on what section we're in. though I could be wrong on this and he's just posting it to give us an idea.


He posted this link: <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" rel="nofollow" href="https://www.law.upenn.edu/live/files/940-1lblockschedulefallpdf[/quote"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>law</span><span>.</span><span>upenn</span><span>.</span><span>edu</span><span>/</span><span>live</span><span>/</span><span>files</span><span>/</span><span>940</span><span>-</span><span>1lblockschedulefallpdf</span><span>[/</span><span>quote</span></a>]
God. 9 am class NEVER AGAIN.

Also interesting that they actually did put torts and crim in the same semester. That'll either be great or suck.

And based purely on professors, 2B is where it's at. Burbs is brilliant, but Katz pretty well negates all his awesomeness and then some.


What is the "Dean's Career Crossroads" on Fridays?

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Haven't the foggiest.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:26 am

I didn't think schools still had Friday classes.

thevolunteerstate
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Postby thevolunteerstate » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 am

K
Last edited by thevolunteerstate on Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Section 1 has Burbank. Pretty interested in taking him after he just did the Jimmy Graham arbitration.

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:44 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:Section 1 has Burbank. Pretty interested in taking him after he just did the Jimmy Graham arbitration.

SBB is awesome.

Just don't come to class unprepared, don't be intimidated, and push back when he calls you.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Nelson » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:29 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:Section 1 has Burbank. Pretty interested in taking him after he just did the Jimmy Graham arbitration.

Takes Burbank expecting NFL stories, gets long digressions about the civil rules committee.

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Nelson » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:30 pm

gatorkristen wrote:Keeping consistent with my procrastinating ways, I have yet to finalize housing. I am trying to find a place that has a free shuttle to the school. Anyone know of one?! Thanks, and I cannot wait to see everyone there starting August.

I don't think such a thing exists but there's enough housing within a 15 minute walk of campus and there are Penn shuttles too.

gatorgal
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:04 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gatorgal » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm looking into gym memberships and was wondering what others were planning on doing. I'm living in Rittenhouse Square and my building doesn't have a gym. Is there a gym in Center City that people recommend or are many planning on using the Pottruck center?

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:03 am

New poll up. Boring topic but curious as to how everyone is handing insurance as I am still unsure as to what Im gonna do. SHS plan is like $3500/year and I can't go on my parents plan.

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:25 am

goldenboy514 wrote:New poll up. Boring topic but curious as to how everyone is handing insurance as I am still unsure as to what Im gonna do. SHS plan is like $3500/year and I can't go on my parents plan.

IME post-ACA healthcare rates are insane so to get insurance that meets the requirements now costs about the same as the Penn plan. I switched for the coming year.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:32 pm

B.B. Homemaker wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:New poll up. Boring topic but curious as to how everyone is handing insurance as I am still unsure as to what Im gonna do. SHS plan is like $3500/year and I can't go on my parents plan.

IME post-ACA healthcare rates are insane so to get insurance that meets the requirements now costs about the same as the Penn plan. I switched for the coming year.


So you jumped onto the SHS plans is what you're saying? I checked out marketplace rates, but like you said, to get out of market coverage in which penn requires is gonna run you like 280/300 a month which is about same price as Penn

User avatar
B.B. Homemaker
Posts: 3452
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby B.B. Homemaker » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 am

goldenboy514 wrote:
B.B. Homemaker wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:New poll up. Boring topic but curious as to how everyone is handing insurance as I am still unsure as to what Im gonna do. SHS plan is like $3500/year and I can't go on my parents plan.

IME post-ACA healthcare rates are insane so to get insurance that meets the requirements now costs about the same as the Penn plan. I switched for the coming year.


So you jumped onto the SHS plans is what you're saying? I checked out marketplace rates, but like you said, to get out of market coverage in which penn requires is gonna run you like 280/300 a month which is about same price as Penn

Yeah switched to PSIP for the coming year. It's sadly no longer a giant waste of money compared to other options.

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Anyone going to all the orientation events? (Possible poll?)

I am going through the list now and I would feel weird doing a scavenger hunt. There are also a lot of different dinner/lunch events… I do think I'm doing the Phillies game and the sailing day, as well as the first night Morris Fellow dinner (as my sponsor has been hawking that to me).

Thoughts?

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby tigersaresexy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 am

gobosox wrote:Anyone going to all the orientation events? (Possible poll?)

I am going through the list now and I would feel weird doing a scavenger hunt. There are also a lot of different dinner/lunch events… I do think I'm doing the Phillies game and the sailing day, as well as the first night Morris Fellow dinner (as my sponsor has been hawking that to me).

Thoughts?


I only get in on the 25th so the Morris Fellow Dinner and trivia night is out for me.

I may or may not do the scavenger hunt depending on whether my mom (who has suddenly insisted on tagging along to Philly with me) wants a tour of UC or not..if she's in I'll just do the normal tour, if not I think the scavenger hunt might be fun...I signed up for both.

Probably not doing the public service day, since I'm coming in from abroad I have a whole bunch of stuff I need to set up (bank, cell services etc) so I really need that day to get it done. Not doing Phillies game because I don't care about baseball.

I probably will do the Yacht club stuff if I can figure out how to get the payment to them in time. If not, I will definitely do the lawn games/brunch they have set up on that day.

Other than these I'm going to try to make it to most of the food/drinking/exploring events they have set up.

wlee1220
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:45 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby wlee1220 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:51 pm

gobosox wrote:Anyone going to all the orientation events? (Possible poll?)

I am going through the list now and I would feel weird doing a scavenger hunt. There are also a lot of different dinner/lunch events… I do think I'm doing the Phillies game and the sailing day, as well as the first night Morris Fellow dinner (as my sponsor has been hawking that to me).

Thoughts?


I'm going to do pretty much everything but the Phillies game (went to two this summer and I don't think I can stomach another one). I want to do the sailing day, but I am concerned about having enough time to get home, change and get over to the Constitution Center by 6. I am commuting from Jersey and traffic gets hectic on both sides of the bridge around that time.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest