UPenn Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What section are you in?

1A
3
19%
1B
3
19%
2A
4
25%
2B
3
19%
3A
2
13%
3B
1
6%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:07 pm

faith77 wrote:Anyone get an email about the penn key ? I just got it today


I did

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:
faith77 wrote:Anyone get an email about the penn key ? I just got it today


I did


Me too! Starting to feel pretty real

User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Trig » Wed May 07, 2014 4:33 pm

Did anyone else not get their Penn key today?

User avatar
AlwaysPlayTheFox
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby AlwaysPlayTheFox » Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:
faith77 wrote:Anyone get an email about the penn key ? I just got it today


I did


Me too! Starting to feel pretty real


Also a bit terrifying haha

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Wed May 07, 2014 8:58 pm

AlwaysPlayTheFox wrote:Also a bit terrifying haha


No reason to be terrified at Penn amirite? See below from Merriam:

Collegial [adjective]

def: having or showing kindly feeling and sincere interest

ex: company luncheons that are designed to instill a collegial spirit among coworkers>

Synonyms: amicable, bonhomous, buddy-buddy, chummy, collegial, companionable, comradely, cordial, genial, hail-fellow, hail-fellow-well-met, hearty, matey [chiefly British], neighborly, palsy, palsy-walsy [slang], warm, warmhearted

Related Words: affable, agreeable, approachable, good-natured, good-tempered, gracious, nice, sweet; clubby, convivial, folksy, gregarious, hospitable, sociable, social; jolly, jovial, merry; extroverted (also extraverted), outgoing; brotherly, fraternal, sisterly; close, familiar, intimate; adoring, affectionate, devoted, fond, lovesome, loving, tender, tenderhearted

Near Antonyms: alienated, estranged; chilly, cold, cold-blooded, cool, frigid, frosty, glacial, icy, wintry (also wintery); unsociable, unsocial; aggressive, argumentative, bellicose, belligerent, combative, contentious, disputatious, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent; inhospitable, inimical

Antonyms: antagonistic, hostile, unfriendly, Columbia
Last edited by lastsamurai on Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby koalacity » Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Antonyms: antagonistic, hostile, unfriendly, Columbia

ilu

User avatar
AlwaysPlayTheFox
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby AlwaysPlayTheFox » Thu May 08, 2014 12:40 am

lastsamurai wrote:
AlwaysPlayTheFox wrote:Also a bit terrifying haha


No reason to be terrified at Penn amirite? See below from Merriam:

Collegial [adjective]

def: having or showing kindly feeling and sincere interest

ex: company luncheons that are designed to instill a collegial spirit among coworkers>

Synonyms: amicable, bonhomous, buddy-buddy, chummy, collegial, companionable, comradely, cordial, genial, hail-fellow, hail-fellow-well-met, hearty, matey [chiefly British], neighborly, palsy, palsy-walsy [slang], warm, warmhearted

Related Words: affable, agreeable, approachable, good-natured, good-tempered, gracious, nice, sweet; clubby, convivial, folksy, gregarious, hospitable, sociable, social; jolly, jovial, merry; extroverted (also extraverted), outgoing; brotherly, fraternal, sisterly; close, familiar, intimate; adoring, affectionate, devoted, fond, lovesome, loving, tender, tenderhearted

Near Antonyms: alienated, estranged; chilly, cold, cold-blooded, cool, frigid, frosty, glacial, icy, wintry (also wintery); unsociable, unsocial; aggressive, argumentative, bellicose, belligerent, combative, contentious, disputatious, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent; inhospitable, inimical
Antonyms antagonistic, hostile, unfriendly, Columbia


This just made my day haha thanks :)

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:37 pm

whats everyone doing for health insurance? Penn's premium is stupid expensive. Thinking about testing..."the marketplace."

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Thu May 08, 2014 3:45 pm

I'll fortunately go back on my parents' plan until 3L, but I'm not sure what I'll do for that last year...all schools seem to have pretty big premiums :(

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Fri May 09, 2014 12:11 am

Checking in. Made my decision yesterday, so I'm pretty excited.

Anyone know anything about housing? I got the info on where the best spots are, but anyone know when the market is best to start looking?

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:55 pm

gobosox wrote:Checking in. Made my decision yesterday, so I'm pretty excited.

Anyone know anything about housing? I got the info on where the best spots are, but anyone know when the market is best to start looking?


Glad to see you made the decision to choose Penn over Gulc. Smart

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Sun May 11, 2014 1:21 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:
gobosox wrote:Checking in. Made my decision yesterday, so I'm pretty excited.

Anyone know anything about housing? I got the info on where the best spots are, but anyone know when the market is best to start looking?


Glad to see you made the decision to choose Penn over Gulc. Smart


Yeah, I had a lot of family ties in DC and they were pretty disappointed, but they'll get over it. Penn will be a lot of fun.

User avatar
DCNTUA
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:19 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby DCNTUA » Mon May 12, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby mellow » Mon May 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Has anyone been successful in negotiating money after depositing? Considering they still haven't responded to my initial request before the deposit deadline despite saying they would, I'm pretty annoyed with how inefficient their financial aid office is. :roll:

User avatar
jbagelboy
Posts: 9639
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby jbagelboy » Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 am

lastsamurai wrote:
AlwaysPlayTheFox wrote:Also a bit terrifying haha


No reason to be terrified at Penn amirite? See below from Merriam:

Collegial [adjective]

def: having or showing kindly feeling and sincere interest

ex: company luncheons that are designed to instill a collegial spirit among coworkers>

Synonyms: amicable, bonhomous, buddy-buddy, chummy, collegial, companionable, comradely, cordial, genial, hail-fellow, hail-fellow-well-met, hearty, matey [chiefly British], neighborly, palsy, palsy-walsy [slang], warm, warmhearted

Related Words: affable, agreeable, approachable, good-natured, good-tempered, gracious, nice, sweet; clubby, convivial, folksy, gregarious, hospitable, sociable, social; jolly, jovial, merry; extroverted (also extraverted), outgoing; brotherly, fraternal, sisterly; close, familiar, intimate; adoring, affectionate, devoted, fond, lovesome, loving, tender, tenderhearted

Near Antonyms: alienated, estranged; chilly, cold, cold-blooded, cool, frigid, frosty, glacial, icy, wintry (also wintery); unsociable, unsocial; aggressive, argumentative, bellicose, belligerent, combative, contentious, disputatious, pugnacious, quarrelsome, scrappy, truculent; inhospitable, inimical

Antonyms: antagonistic, hostile, unfriendly, Columbia


ouch.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 am

What's with the CLS hate?

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Tue May 13, 2014 10:57 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:What's with the CLS hate?


You'll have to ask Mr. Webster I'm afraid

gobosox
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby gobosox » Wed May 14, 2014 1:24 am

mellow wrote:Has anyone been successful in negotiating money after depositing? Considering they still haven't responded to my initial request before the deposit deadline despite saying they would, I'm pretty annoyed with how inefficient their financial aid office is. :roll:


This may or may not be true (who knows) but when I visited last week, I spoke with the director of admissions and the director of financial aid about financial aid packages, and they both said that all of the merit aid was spoken for and that all that was left was need-based.

Whether or not they had money and just didn't wanna give it to me or whether they actually didn't have any, I don't know. But FWIW...

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby mellow » Wed May 14, 2014 2:33 am

gobosox wrote:
mellow wrote:Has anyone been successful in negotiating money after depositing? Considering they still haven't responded to my initial request before the deposit deadline despite saying they would, I'm pretty annoyed with how inefficient their financial aid office is. :roll:


This may or may not be true (who knows) but when I visited last week, I spoke with the director of admissions and the director of financial aid about financial aid packages, and they both said that all of the merit aid was spoken for and that all that was left was need-based.

Whether or not they had money and just didn't wanna give it to me or whether they actually didn't have any, I don't know. But FWIW...

Good to know, thanks. I just wish they sent me an email like they said they would instead of leaving me hanging.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:51 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:What's with the CLS hate?


FWIW, At Penn ASW they conveyed the message a few times that Penn was for chill bros like UVA is.
And not for serious bros like Columbia and Harvard.

User avatar
hardrive6
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hardrive6 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:52 pm


User avatar
Trig
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Trig » Sat May 17, 2014 11:23 am

harddrive,

You should see if the mods will sticky that link in the choosing a law school forum. It is a really well done and helpful analysis of the economics of law school.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:41 pm



This paper really regards Penn highly, and rightfully so

BillsFan9907
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:28 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby BillsFan9907 » Mon May 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Congrats!
Last edited by BillsFan9907 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Mon May 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Do you need her name? You could probably just email the main email address




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest