UPenn Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What section are you in?

1A
3
19%
1B
3
19%
2A
4
25%
2B
3
19%
3A
2
13%
3B
1
6%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
hahazby
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hahazby » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:30 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:ASW is so close weeeeeeeeeeee

:D :D :D :D :D :D


+1 :D


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:02 pm

samoby wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Wish I could make the ASW, but I work that fri till 6. Maybe I can catch the Saturday ASW.


That's what I'm doing!


Same, I'll get in friday just in time to meet y'all at the bar. ;)

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:53 am

alex.cm wrote:
samoby wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Wish I could make the ASW, but I work that fri till 6. Maybe I can catch the Saturday ASW.


That's what I'm doing!


Same, I'll get in friday just in time to meet y'all at the bar. ;)


I'll see you there!

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 am

what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 am

goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


I plan to wear my socks that have little sharks on them.

And nothing else.

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 am

ohpobrecito wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


I plan to wear my socks that have little sharks on them.

And nothing else.


Bold choice, ohpo. I think if you work it right, you can land this fine fellow. In your bed.

Image

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 am

goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


To be slightly more on topic, I'm going to keep it pretty casual - jeans, boots, a halfway decent blouse.

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby samoby » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm

alex.cm wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


To be slightly more on topic, I'm going to keep it pretty casual - jeans, boots, a halfway decent blouse.


+1

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:40 pm

goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


One sock.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

samoby wrote:
alex.cm wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


To be slightly more on topic, I'm going to keep it pretty casual - jeans, boots, a halfway decent blouse.


+1


+2

Do we have any events that are specifically business-casual or anything like that?

faith77
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby faith77 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm going for a nice blouse and dark jeans or pants. Nothing too fancy!

By the way, has anyone gotten any emails lately about ASW? Just curious. Want to make sure I'm in the know. Hahaha.

bananagram
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bananagram » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:04 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


I plan to wear my socks that have little sharks on them.

And nothing else.


Soooo ohpo will be very easy to spot

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:10 pm

bananagram wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


I plan to wear my socks that have little sharks on them.

And nothing else.


Soooo ohpo will be very easy to spot


8)

User avatar
thechancellor
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby thechancellor » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:what kinda attire is everyone rockin to ASW?


One sock.


better hope it's not cold or your toes will freeze. :wink:

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:43 pm

Got asw itinerary today. Where was there a sign up to sit in on a class? Is anyone registered for that?

Nvm: I pretty much signed up for everything possible, and did for this lol.

faith77
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:01 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby faith77 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Just got the itinerary today, too!

How is everyone's housing search? I'll be traveling in the summer so I'm trying to get housing squared away. Do law students tend to gravitate toward center city?

I've been looking into some 2 bedrooms because I prefer to live with at least one other person... just gotta find a roommate(s)... Options are to either shout it out on FB or follow up after ASW with people I click with. I don't want to use that roommate match service... that didn't go over too well with me during college.

User avatar
AlwaysPlayTheFox
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby AlwaysPlayTheFox » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:05 pm

faith77 wrote:Just got the itinerary today, too!

How is everyone's housing search? I'll be traveling in the summer so I'm trying to get housing squared away. Do law students tend to gravitate toward center city?

I've been looking into some 2 bedrooms because I prefer to live with at least one other person... just gotta find a roommate(s)... Options are to either shout it out on FB or follow up after ASW with people I click with. I don't want to use that roommate match service... that didn't go over too well with me during college.


I'm heading in Monday after work to check some places out (if I get out of work at a reasonable time haha). Focusing on University City atm, but if I don't find some place I could see myself at for 2-3 yrs I'll expand the search to center city.

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby t14splitter » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:43 pm

Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but what's the deal with scholarship offers? I was accepted fairly early on on January and have not heard anything since (I expect to get at least some money).

Who has heard already and does anyone know when the rest of decisions will come out?

kenwash
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby kenwash » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 pm

t14splitter wrote:Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but what's the deal with scholarship offers? I was accepted fairly early on on January and have not heard anything since (I expect to get at least some money).

Who has heard already and does anyone know when the rest of decisions will come out?

I was accepted this month and received merit and need aid 1-2 weeks later. It might be worth confirming that your need access and fafsa have been received.

User avatar
goldenboy514
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby goldenboy514 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:06 am

Alotta nice restaurants to pick from on Friday night, gonna have to check out the menus later today at work

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 am

Really hoping I can get out at a normal time on Friday, since I have never made the trek from NYC to Philly before, and don't really know how long it will take.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:24 am

goldenboy514 wrote:Alotta nice restaurants to pick from on Friday night, gonna have to check out the menus later today at work


Yeah! I don't know what to pick...they all look awesome.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:Really hoping I can get out at a normal time on Friday, since I have never made the trek from NYC to Philly before, and don't really know how long it will take.


Are you taking the bus or the train?

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:39 am

mandyjay11 wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Really hoping I can get out at a normal time on Friday, since I have never made the trek from NYC to Philly before, and don't really know how long it will take.


Are you taking the bus or the train?


Train, most likely. Maybe even drive. But I would need to borrow one of my parents' cars.

User avatar
mandyjay11
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby mandyjay11 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:
mandyjay11 wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:Really hoping I can get out at a normal time on Friday, since I have never made the trek from NYC to Philly before, and don't really know how long it will take.


Are you taking the bus or the train?


Train, most likely. Maybe even drive. But I would need to borrow one of my parents' cars.


Either way is super easy! I think coming into NYC during Friday rush hour is 10000 times worse than leaving! The school is also so close to the highway/expressway. It should be like 2.5 hours (rain/driving slow/regular friday traffic), no more than 3.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest