UPenn Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What section are you in?

1A
3
19%
1B
3
19%
2A
4
25%
2B
3
19%
3A
2
13%
3B
1
6%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
hahazby
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hahazby » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 pm

ED checking in! So excited about Penn Law! :D :D

Blackfish
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Blackfish » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Congrats to all!

For those who were accepted earlier, have you guys received the Penn Portfolio yet?

User avatar
hahazby
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hahazby » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Blackfish wrote:Congrats to all!

For those who were accepted earlier, have you guys received the Penn Portfolio yet?


I haven't got it yet...

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 am

So excited to be checking into this thread! Penn is one of my top three choices, and I fell in love with the school over two visits in the fall.

Does anyone know if any merit scholarship info has been released?

Can't wait to see you all at asw!!

ABQ2HOU
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby ABQ2HOU » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:18 pm

lastsamurai wrote:So excited to be checking into this thread! Penn is one of my top three choices, and I fell in love with the school over two visits in the fall.

Does anyone know if any merit scholarship info has been released?

Can't wait to see you all at asw!!


Everything I've read says merit scholarship info is sent out on a rolling basis beginning now in Jan. Status Checker says main info packets should arrive mid-Jan.

Does anyone know if all the named schollies require nomination then an additional essay? I think that seems to be the case.

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 1948 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:07 pm

my status checker says my acceptance portfolio was mailed several days ago but haven't gotten it yet. anyone get theirs? does the scholarship info come in the portfolio?

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm

I haven't gotten my portfolio yet. I'm all the way over in CA though. I do know that scholarship info will be in there though.

Edit: Just checked my status checker. Mine was mailed out on the 7th, so I should get it by the end of this week for sure, barring any catastrophic failure by the postal masters.

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 1948 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:40 pm

mine was mailed out the same day, i live an hour away and haven't gotten it yet.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Clearly » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

I live a few hours away and haven't received it either.

User avatar
hahazby
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hahazby » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 am

Just checked, it was mailed out on the 7th. Should get it soon!

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 1948 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:43 pm

another day without arrival in the mail. very odd that something should take more than 7 days to go an hour distance...

ABQ2HOU
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby ABQ2HOU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:36 pm

ATTN Postmaster: Do not deliver until almost unbearable levels of anxiety have set in.

I have little hope that my portfolio is making it to Texas today if they haven't been delivered in Philly area. :(

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

1948 wrote:another day without arrival in the mail. very odd that something should take more than 7 days to go an hour distance...

Agreed. I wonder what's causing the delay...

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:32 pm

ABQ2HOU wrote:ATTN Postmaster: Do not deliver until almost unbearable levels of anxiety have set in.

I have little hope that my portfolio is making it to Texas today if they haven't been delivered in Philly area. :(


No delivery in CA today either.

1948
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby 1948 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:39 pm

nor in jersey. beginning to think they weren't really mailed out on the 7th

User avatar
tigersaresexy
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:32 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby tigersaresexy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Anyone know if we can unsubscribe from Lsac CRS related mail entirely, or if we have to do it school by school?

It's starting to annoy me, and if it's anything like undergrad it's going to keep going until August...

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:39 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Anyone know if we can unsubscribe from Lsac CRS related mail entirely, or if we have to do it school by school?

It's starting to annoy me, and if it's anything like undergrad it's going to keep going until August...


You should be able to unsubscribe from CRS via the LSAC site, but for the schools that already have you on their email list, you will have to unsubscribe individually.

tpfennin
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby tpfennin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:25 pm

1948 wrote:nor in jersey. beginning to think they weren't really mailed out on the 7th

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:59 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Anyone know if we can unsubscribe from Lsac CRS related mail entirely, or if we have to do it school by school?

It's starting to annoy me, and if it's anything like undergrad it's going to keep going until August...


I went on to LSAC to try to unsubscribe. Couldn't figure it out.

User avatar
hahazby
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby hahazby » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:31 am

bhanson10 wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Anyone know if we can unsubscribe from Lsac CRS related mail entirely, or if we have to do it school by school?

It's starting to annoy me, and if it's anything like undergrad it's going to keep going until August...


I went on to LSAC to try to unsubscribe. Couldn't figure it out.



My home -> Edit My Profile -> CRS -> Your CRS Preferences -> Release of Information.

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:06 pm

hahazby wrote:
bhanson10 wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Anyone know if we can unsubscribe from Lsac CRS related mail entirely, or if we have to do it school by school?

It's starting to annoy me, and if it's anything like undergrad it's going to keep going until August...


I went on to LSAC to try to unsubscribe. Couldn't figure it out.



My home -> Edit My Profile -> CRS -> Your CRS Preferences -> Release of Information.

Thanks. Seems I didn't realize the edit at the top included CRS preferences.

Also, anyone get their portfolio yet? Mine hasn't come today.

tpfennin
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby tpfennin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Just checked the mail and portfolio is here!!

Blackfish
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 am

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Blackfish » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Just got mine in the mail as well! It's beautiful :D pretty jam packed with all kinds of info.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby Clearly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Is scholly info included?

bhanson10
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: UPenn Class of 2017

Postby bhanson10 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Blackfish wrote:Just got mine in the mail as well! It's beautiful :D pretty jam packed with all kinds of info.

Jealous. Now the wait begins. I wonder how long it will take to get to CA...




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest