Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

Which ASW are you planning to attend?

March 14
24
46%
April 4
15
29%
Don't know yet
8
15%
None :(
5
10%
 
Total votes: 52

wildcat43
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby wildcat43 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 am

$105,000 plus the $5,000 stipend mentioned earlier. Hoping that I can negotiate for more later, but this definitely puts Vandy in my top 2.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 am

80K here. Now I can finally get excited for the visit.

BigBlackTruck
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby BigBlackTruck » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:30 am

From LSN, it seems like last year two Law Scholars were notified around April...cutting it close to make it a deciding factor.

thiebaud6
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby thiebaud6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi all, first time poster here.

I was accepted back in early December and have numbers at/above both 75ths. I had the 1/25 mailing show up and then disappear but now I have a blank mailing dated 1/27. I still have not received a scholarship offer, though I am located in the 2-day mail range. Any idea what might be up with that? (I did apply for the Law Scholars awards if that makes any difference)

Getting kind of nervous that I haven't heard anything.... Vandy is definitely a top choice if money came through.

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:09 pm

thiebaud6 wrote:Hi all, first time poster here.

I was accepted back in early December and have numbers at/above both 75ths. I had the 1/25 mailing show up and then disappear but now I have a blank mailing dated 1/27. I still have not received a scholarship offer, though I am located in the 2-day mail range. Any idea what might be up with that? (I did apply for the Law Scholars awards if that makes any difference)

Getting kind of nervous that I haven't heard anything.... Vandy is definitely a top choice if money came through.


I don't think applying for Law Scholars makes any difference for that- all applicants are considered for regular merit aid independent of that. I'm in the 2-day range too and haven't gotten anything yet either- but I think it may be a weather-related mail delay on my end since I didn't receive any mail at all yesterday. Hopefully today for both of us!

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Jessasaurus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:25 pm

MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


WHAT JERKS!

thiebaud6
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby thiebaud6 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
thiebaud6 wrote:Hi all, first time poster here.

I was accepted back in early December and have numbers at/above both 75ths. I had the 1/25 mailing show up and then disappear but now I have a blank mailing dated 1/27. I still have not received a scholarship offer, though I am located in the 2-day mail range. Any idea what might be up with that? (I did apply for the Law Scholars awards if that makes any difference)

Getting kind of nervous that I haven't heard anything.... Vandy is definitely a top choice if money came through.


I don't think applying for Law Scholars makes any difference for that- all applicants are considered for regular merit aid independent of that. I'm in the 2-day range too and haven't gotten anything yet either- but I think it may be a weather-related mail delay on my end since I didn't receive any mail at all yesterday. Hopefully today for both of us!




Okay, that makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one, though I have gotten my mail everyday. Here's to today being the big day!!!

User avatar
samoby
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby samoby » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


:shock:

coogs
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby coogs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:54 pm

I confirmed via email that Law Scholars Apps are still under review. Good luck to everyone that applied! :)

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 pm

samoby wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


:shock:

:shock: :shock: But like, how!?!?!

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby OliveBC » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:27 pm

JustHawkin wrote:
samoby wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


:shock:

:shock: :shock: But like, how!?!?!


My parents keep every TTT mailing I get because they're afraid of doing this lol

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

OliveBC wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
samoby wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


:shock:

:shock: :shock: But like, how!?!?!


My parents keep every TTT mailing I get because they're afraid of doing this lol


+1

Sorry you have to wait even longer Jessasaurus :(

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby JustHawkin » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 pm

OliveBC wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
samoby wrote:
Jessasaurus wrote:MY PARENTS THREW AWAY AN ENVELOPE FROM VANDERBILT!!!! :evil: :evil: I called the office and they said I had to wait until Friday....


:shock:

:shock: :shock: But like, how!?!?!


My parents keep every TTT mailing I get because they're afraid of doing this lol

I have two rules to mail:
1) The list of schools I applied to are on the fridge, anything from them is an instant text message, possibly picture message.

2) Everything else is kindling...

User avatar
Beercules
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Beercules » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Deece scholarship offer, but not as high as some peer schools offered.

But I guess Vandy's tuition is comparatively low, so not terrible all things considered.

Any NYCers headed to ASW?

User avatar
wsparker
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby wsparker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:26 pm

JustHawkin wrote:1) The list of schools I applied to are on the fridge, anything from them is an instant text message, possibly picture message.

2) Everything else is kindling...



I wasn't home when the scholarship letter came, so I told my mom to send me a picture of it. Wellll she sends me a picture of the letter but the picture did NOT include the amount....after asking her to send another and her not responding, I just called her. Excellent trolling, mom.

User avatar
McAvoy
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby McAvoy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Beercules wrote:But I guess Vandy's tuition is comparatively low, so not terrible all things considered.


Except for the 2K increase for next year. Not real cool.

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby FluffMonster » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Ok, so I just checked my mailbox and I STILL haven't gotten my scholarship letter. Ugh. The wait! :/

User avatar
Yea All Right
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Yea All Right » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:00 pm

On one of the pages included in the scholarship envelope, there's a comparison between COL in Tennessee vs. COL in other major cities.

Dat difference tho.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Jessasaurus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:04 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
OliveBC wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
samoby wrote:
:shock:

:shock: :shock: But like, how!?!?!


My parents keep every TTT mailing I get because they're afraid of doing this lol


+1

Sorry you have to wait even longer Jessasaurus :(



Yeah...... My parents did not do me a solid on this one. I don't even know how they managed to throw it out...

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Robbin Blue » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 pm

I still can't find my post box key to see my scholarship offer... :oops: I called yesterday and they said to call back Friday and they'll e-mail me the offer. After GULC's weak offer, I'm curious about Vandy.

User avatar
ZipWhenSheMoves
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby ZipWhenSheMoves » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:33 pm

$75k!! 167/3.7. About what I was expecting after scouring LSN over the weekend- very happy :).

Caroa1992
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby Caroa1992 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:12 am

Does ANYONE have any numbers for Law Scholars Awards? I have a 4.0/170 so it's a huge stretch for me but I'm just curious who actually receives them. Also, is anyone trying to negotiate? Apparently it's been done before but I can't seem to actually find a concrete example of it.

PrideandGlory1776
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby PrideandGlory1776 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:42 am

Does anyone know if Vanderbilt negotiates with its scholarships? I've heard there one of the few that does not. Can anyone confirm that?

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt Class of 2017!

Postby OliveBC » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 am

Caroa1992 wrote:Does ANYONE have any numbers for Law Scholars Awards? I have a 4.0/170 so it's a huge stretch for me but I'm just curious who actually receives them. Also, is anyone trying to negotiate? Apparently it's been done before but I can't seem to actually find a concrete example of it.


I don't think it's a huge stretch for you at all, definitely not as much of a stretch as it is for me atleast lol

You should pm arklaw, if you look back a page or two you'll find him. He can give you more info on law scholars




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest