NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:14 am

nothingtosee wrote:kkdk, you rock.

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jdapplicant » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:29 am

thewaves wrote:For those who are out of state and planning to visit for ASW, where are you staying? Friends, hotel, airbnb? Just curious what the norm is.



I'm staying with a friend that conveniently goes to NYU Law and lives in a law dorm. Trying to get the full picture of what it would be like to attend.

EvMont
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby EvMont » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 am

thewaves wrote:For those who are out of state and planning to visit for ASW, where are you staying? Friends, hotel, airbnb? Just curious what the norm is.


I'll probably be staying with friends in BK. If Columbia decides to throw an acceptance my way, then I might splurge on a hotel, just to make things easier.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:51 am

thewaves wrote:For those who are out of state and planning to visit for ASW, where are you staying? Friends, hotel, airbnb? Just curious what the norm is.


Hotel for me. Thank you Mariott points from work travel. :D

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:56 pm

I will be staying in my apartment...

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby bbkk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

I guess it's better to ask here:

bbkk wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:for those who got Vandy, how long did it take for NYU to send them out after your acceptance call? :O


Curious too. Also, is it by mail or by email?

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:01 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:I will be staying in my apartment...


This. Anyone else is welcome. I have a tub to sleep in.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:02 pm

bbkk wrote:I guess it's better to ask here:

bbkk wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:for those who got Vandy, how long did it take for NYU to send them out after your acceptance call? :O


Curious too. Also, is it by mail or by email?


Pretty sure it was by mail. Not sure how long after. Maybe a month? I didn't get one, so I'm going off fuzzy memory here on the second part.

User avatar
gingerspice
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby gingerspice » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:54 pm

Anyone else getting thrown into a link loophole trying to register for ASW? I just keep getting sent back to the same pages...

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby gta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:32 pm

I requested a travel stipend for ASW and was rejected. :( That's gonna make it tough for me to get to NYC.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Has anyone who applied for the Anbryce schooly heard anything?

jdapplicant
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jdapplicant » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm

gta wrote:I requested a travel stipend for ASW and was rejected. :( That's gonna make it tough for me to get to NYC.


+1

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Received my financial aid package today; was notified via email. I received a merit-based award. I will have to wait and see how the rest of my financial aid packages shake out before making a decision, but it does feel great to have some scholarship info from a T6.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:Has anyone who applied for the Anbryce schooly heard anything?


Haven't seen anything on TLS yet.

User avatar
Dr.Zer0
Posts: 1030
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:22 pm

paglababa wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:Has anyone who applied for the Anbryce schooly heard anything?


Haven't seen anything on TLS yet.


Thanks for the info.

Received my purple envelope today, can't wait for the NYU pizza box :D

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:45 pm

carolinainmymind wrote:Received my financial aid package today; was notified via email. I received a merit-based award. I will have to wait and see how the rest of my financial aid packages shake out before making a decision, but it does feel great to have some scholarship info from a T6.


yeah I got an email today as well.
The award was for a lot more than I was expecting (more than 1/2, less than 2/3) and I was wondering about the acceptance deadline. The letter says you've gotta submit an "intent to enroll" by 4/4 in order to keep the scholarship, but I couldn't find that form anywhere online so I was wondering if anyone knows the terms and conditions?

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby gta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:15 pm

.
Last edited by gta on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pokemonsters
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby pokemonsters » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:15 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
carolinainmymind wrote:Received my financial aid package today; was notified via email. I received a merit-based award. I will have to wait and see how the rest of my financial aid packages shake out before making a decision, but it does feel great to have some scholarship info from a T6.


yeah I got an email today as well.
The award was for a lot more than I was expecting (more than 1/2, less than 2/3) and I was wondering about the acceptance deadline. The letter says you've gotta submit an "intent to enroll" by 4/4 in order to keep the scholarship, but I couldn't find that form anywhere online so I was wondering if anyone knows the terms and conditions?


I have a similar question. Sorry if it's been answered before in this thread! I got a Vandy, and my award letter said nothing about needing to meet certain stipulations to keep the scholarship (e.g. a certain GPA threshold). But, my Financial Aid Award Letter did state that there are certain conditions I must meet to keep the scholarship, but it did not get into specifics. I've e-mailed asking for more info. Does anyone know where I can find Vandy terms and conditions?

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:13 pm

About making the counts offer. Should I make a long letter or just state to NYU that I have a butler?

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby esther0123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm

I received the financial award as well. But how do I know if this is merit or need-based and this isn't all there is to the financial aid package?

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:52 pm

ok so I found the "intent to enroll" form on the Admitted students website; this is the language:

I plan to enroll at NYU School of Law in Fall 2014. I have no commitment to attend another law school, have not deferred enrollment at another law school, will not apply to another law school, have withdrawn from other law schools to which I was admitted, and will not request to be reinstated at any law school from which I have withdrawn.

So it looks like you've gotta pull your apps and decline acceptances, but you can stay on waitlists. Sorry if this has already been covered.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:56 pm

esther0123 wrote:I received the financial award as well. But how do I know if this is merit or need-based and this isn't all there is to the financial aid package?


here is the language from the letter I got:

Please note that the review process for all institutional scholarships and grants is now complete. This financial aid package reflects all applications for scholarships to which you have applied.

From the website institutional scholarships include both need and merit based, so it looks like the letter includes everything that will be offered.

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby esther0123 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
esther0123 wrote:I received the financial award as well. But how do I know if this is merit or need-based and this isn't all there is to the financial aid package?


here is the language from the letter I got:

Please note that the review process for all institutional scholarships and grants is now complete. This financial aid package reflects all applications for scholarships to which you have applied.

From the website institutional scholarships include both need and merit based, so it looks like the letter includes everything that will be offered.


Do we know if there is a deadline to accept/decline?

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:12 pm

esther0123 wrote:Do we know if there is a deadline to accept/decline?


my letter says the "intent to enroll" is due by 04/04

User avatar
Gary
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Gary » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Hey ls22 or anyone else who did the merit only scholly application- if you apply for the merit only funds, do you still get a loans package?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest