NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:btw how does the NYU admitted day travel stipend work if one exists? I went through older threads and it seems you have to email their financial aid office and ask for one, but to limited avail. am i missing something?


Interesting. If that is the case, I think I'll wait until after my scholarship offer is nailed down before I ask for that; I don't want to impact their opinion of me before then. :)

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm

NYU reached out to me again! They're really recruiting hard, aren't they? Now I've been contacted by four different groups: a student, a student organization, an alumni, and a professor.

They make me feel so loved :P

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:11 pm

Anyone else going to the LGBT event this Thursday? Hoping to not be the only prospective student there! Feel free to pm me if you want

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Arrow4Christ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:16 pm

kershka wrote:NYU reached out to me again! They're really recruiting hard, aren't they? Now I've been contacted by four different groups: a student, a student organization, an alumni, and a professor.

They make me feel so loved :P


How long does one usually wait before receiving personal correspondence from NYU?

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Theopliske8711 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Emailed NYU about the merit aid issue, and they fixed it. It might be best to wait for other acceptances to come in, since you can list the schools to which you are admitted and considering.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Emailed NYU about the merit aid issue, and they fixed it. It might be best to wait for other acceptances to come in, since you can list the schools to which you are admitted and considering.


Awesome! Thanks. I had totally forgotten about this lol.

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby esther0123 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Did people already hear back about their financial aid/merit scholarship offer? Are we supposed to hear about this as soon as we receive acceptance (if applicable)?

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:43 pm

Arrow4Christ wrote:
kershka wrote:NYU reached out to me again! They're really recruiting hard, aren't they? Now I've been contacted by four different groups: a student, a student organization, an alumni, and a professor.

They make me feel so loved :P


How long does one usually wait before receiving personal correspondence from NYU?

It seems pretty random, honestly. I was admitted in that first batch in early December and don't think I received any personal correspondence until mid-January.

Everyone has been really different though, because they try to personalize who contacts you and obviously some people are more available than others.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby milkandcheerios » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:49 pm

fist contact with NYU since getting accepted.

I got invited to a reception in LA at at alumni's house. Of course they had to pick a workday evening, OH GOD THE TRAFFIC :(

So has anyone been to one of these receptions? what are they like? dress code?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:54 pm

milkandcheerios wrote:fist contact with NYU since getting accepted.

I got invited to a reception in LA at at alumni's house. Of course they had to pick a workday evening, OH GOD THE TRAFFIC :(

So has anyone been to one of these receptions? what are they like? dress code?


Haven't been, but my guess is business casual.

User avatar
milkandcheerios
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby milkandcheerios » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I also just noticed that the invite said I could bring a guest. It just seems so weird to bring a parent or a friend though...

jimbeam21
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jimbeam21 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:45 pm

I posted this earlier in the admissions thread- I got a pleasant letter from NYU today offering me the Vanderbilt Scholarship- full tuition for 3 years. I haven't heard of this scholarship before, as it doesn't seem to be as talked about as the Hamilton/Rubenstein/Darrow, but it exists! Check your mailboxes today everyone!!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:47 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:I posted this earlier in the admissions thread- I got a pleasant letter from NYU today offering me the Vanderbilt Scholarship- full tuition for 3 years. I haven't heard of this scholarship before, as it doesn't seem to be as talked about as the Hamilton/Rubenstein/Darrow, but it exists! Check your mailboxes today everyone!!


Do you mind posting or PMing stats?

jimbeam21
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jimbeam21 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Do you mind posting or PMing stats?[/quote]

177+ 3.9+

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 pm

jimbeam21 wrote:177+ 3.9+


Well that would do it lol

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:00 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
jimbeam21 wrote:177+ 3.9+


Well that would do it lol


And suddenly all makes sense. :lol:

I know I already congratulated you in the decision thread, but congrats again jimbeam21! 8)

jimbeam21
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jimbeam21 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
jimbeam21 wrote:177+ 3.9+


Well that would do it lol


And suddenly all makes sense. :lol:

I know I already congratulated you in the decision thread, but congrats again jimbeam21! 8)


Thank you!

User avatar
oxie
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby oxie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Just got the Vanderbilt letter as well!!! (177+/3.8x)

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:53 pm

oxie wrote:Just got the Vanderbilt letter as well!!! (177+/3.8x)

Wow. Congratulations!!!

User avatar
pokemonsters
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby pokemonsters » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Just got the Vanderbilt letter as well. Holy shit! I'm so freaking excited. 177, 3.8+. Too cool. Any idea what % of students get the award?

User avatar
Arrow4Christ
Posts: 418
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Arrow4Christ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Wow! Congrats, guys!

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Really impressed with NYU... had a Professor that they thought I'd be interested in email me, as well as two students by email and one by phone, pretty solid.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm

wtrc wrote:Really impressed with NYU... had a Professor that they thought I'd be interested in email me, as well as two students by email and one by phone, pretty solid.


They have been awesome so far. I will have no reservations in putting down that deposit if that's what I ultimately end up with.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby koalacity » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:05 pm

pokemonsters wrote:Just got the Vanderbilt letter as well. Holy shit! I'm so freaking excited. 177, 3.8+. Too cool. Any idea what % of students get the award?

Congrats!

To the Vanderbilt people: did any of you apply to the named schollys when you submitted (RTK, Furman, etc.)?

User avatar
oxie
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:51 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby oxie » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 pm

koalacity wrote:
pokemonsters wrote:Just got the Vanderbilt letter as well. Holy shit! I'm so freaking excited. 177, 3.8+. Too cool. Any idea what % of students get the award?

Congrats!

To the Vanderbilt people: did any of you apply to the named schollys when you submitted (RTK, Furman, etc.)?


Thanks! I didn't apply for any (none of them quite seemed to fit for me).




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest