NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 pm

i refuse to show up a minute earlier than 4:30
have to start the year off right

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 pm

oh crap weren't we supposed to read something for orientation

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Brut wrote:oh crap weren't we supposed to read something for orientation

looks like you're gonna be pulling an all-nighter:
http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/files/upload_documents/Summers%20v%20Tice.pdf

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 pm

ty
fives what sec are you in?

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Brut wrote:ty
fives what sec are you in?

This is not 500th post worthy ... but I am in section 3.

I'm most excited to meet checkers because I know he is married. I've been MIA this week because I just got a cat and it's pooping all over my shit.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:02 pm

i wish i had a cat
but i'm super allergic

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:08 pm

who wants to hang in brooklyn

User avatar
sims1
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby sims1 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Brut wrote:who wants to hang in brooklyn


what's a brooklyn? I'm trying to outline this reading for tmrw otherwise I would.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

sea witch in park slope w another tlser
if anyone wants to join pm me
Last edited by 03152016 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:53 pm

We all have to get our photos taken tomorrow. What do people think is appropriate male attire? The photo gets used for interviews next year.

I'll wear a shirt and tie no matter what. Is a coat necessary?

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby 03152016 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:56 pm

i wonder if that's separate from the nyu id photo
if so, maybe i will dress nicely tomorrow

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby tenniscourt » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:10 pm

sims1 wrote:
Brut wrote:who wants to hang in brooklyn


what's a brooklyn? I'm trying to outline this reading for tmrw otherwise I would.


I don't think the reading is for tomorrow. I think the only thing for tomorrow is the meet and greet with your section

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby checkers » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:41 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
Brut wrote:ty
fives what sec are you in?

This is not 500th post worthy ... but I am in section 3.

I'm most excited to meet checkers because I know he is married. I've been MIA this week because I just got a cat and it's pooping all over my shit.

Oh snap. Section 3 just got a lot cooler. My wife actually reads TLS and asks about 'fivestarfolds,' so I'm looking forward to reporting back that he's a cool dude haha.

bb2418
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby bb2418 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:48 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:We all have to get our photos taken tomorrow. What do people think is appropriate male attire? The photo gets used for interviews next year.

I'll wear a shirt and tie no matter what. Is a coat necessary?


I've heard many don't wear a tie, just a dress shirt or even a polo. Does anyone know what the protocol is?

p3aceandl0v3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby p3aceandl0v3 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Brut wrote:i refuse to show up a minute earlier than 4:30
have to start the year off right


yay i'm glad i'm not the only slacker who thought it was a good idea to go to law school.

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby Synch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am

I can't decide between whiskey and beer. It's 8am, I feel like whiskey is the right call here. After all, I'm in my pajamas

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:19 am

Synch wrote:I can't decide between whiskey and beer. It's 8am, I feel like whiskey is the right call here. After all, I'm in my pajamas

Whiskey is a bold move. A breakfast beer, however, would indicate to me that you are a discriminating connoisseur of world culture.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:20 am

bb2418 wrote:
fivestarfolds wrote:We all have to get our photos taken tomorrow. What do people think is appropriate male attire? The photo gets used for interviews next year.

I'll wear a shirt and tie no matter what. Is a coat necessary?


I've heard many don't wear a tie, just a dress shirt or even a polo. Does anyone know what the protocol is?

Thanks bb.

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby checkers » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:24 am

It's definitely a polo for me. Now that I'm not working, I'm avoiding business casual whenever possible.

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby Synch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:26 am

At this point I'm inclined to go naked.

Is that socially acceptable?

User avatar
BuddyHoller
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby BuddyHoller » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 am

Synch wrote:At this point I'm inclined to go naked.

Is that socially acceptable?


I think naked would be better than showing up in a suit.

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby Synch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:58 am

BuddyHoller wrote:
Synch wrote:At this point I'm inclined to go naked.

Is that socially acceptable?


I think naked would be better than showing up in a suit.


Challenge accepted.

User avatar
phillywc
Posts: 3043
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby phillywc » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

Not a fan of the construction noises going on outside of D'ag. Don't they know some of us were out late?

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby fivestarfolds » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:33 am

Just got my locker!

smt
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Orientation is Coming

Postby smt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 am

fivestarfolds wrote:Just got my locker!
Awesome! How do we do that?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest