NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
jimmorrisonlvr

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby jimmorrisonlvr » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:21 pm

I wonder if the $2,306 is orientation "tuition." *shudders*

ligeia

Postby ligeia » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm

orangec90 wrote:
vivala wrote:Where on Albert do you see the class listed? I don't have that or the tuition payment.

I have the same issue. Maybe it's something with WL admits? I spoke to the Bursar's office which said that the tuition is posted only once you're registered for classes (hence the above people getting tuition bills for the 1-2 credits they see on Albert). Maybe they're behind?

It's not related to the wait-list; I wasn't on it, and the same charge appears on my bill. It might be orientation fees. In any case, we will find out soon enough!

wade

Postby wade » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:41 pm

For those of you with early move-in days, do you know if there is a time window in which you have to arrive on that day? Flying from LA and would rather not take the 6AM flight to make it there by 5PM.

Thanks!

orangec90

Postby orangec90 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:55 pm

ligeia wrote:
orangec90 wrote:
vivala wrote:Where on Albert do you see the class listed? I don't have that or the tuition payment.

I have the same issue. Maybe it's something with WL admits? I spoke to the Bursar's office which said that the tuition is posted only once you're registered for classes (hence the above people getting tuition bills for the 1-2 credits they see on Albert). Maybe they're behind?

It's not related to the wait-list; I wasn't on it, and the same charge appears on my bill. It might be orientation fees. In any case, we will find out soon enough!

We're saying we DON'T have the tuition fees on Albert/Bursar that everyone else is reporting.

jimmorrisonlvr

Postby jimmorrisonlvr » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:48 pm

orangec90 wrote:
ligeia wrote:
orangec90 wrote:

We're saying we DON'T have the tuition fees on Albert/Bursar that everyone else is reporting.

I got in off the waitlist in May and all the charges appear on my bill, just to give some info.

joltinjoe

Postby joltinjoe » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:55 am

Two loan questions. I'm sure the information is located... somewhere, but you all are a much better, more-informed resources.

(1) When are loans disbursed... the week before school starts, or some such thing? Alarming to watch my bank account dwindle, as no longer have a paycheck...
(2) I got a letter saying my Direct PLUS Loan was approved. Do they send notifications for the Unsubsidized Loan as well, or is it presumed we'll qualify for that? Any info much appreciated.

Thanks. Have a great weekend, all.

tenniscourt

Postby tenniscourt » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm

joltinjoe wrote:Two loan questions. I'm sure the information is located... somewhere, but you all are a much better, more-informed resources.

(1) When are loans disbursed... the week before school starts, or some such thing? Alarming to watch my bank account dwindle, as no longer have a paycheck...
(2) I got a letter saying my Direct PLUS Loan was approved. Do they send notifications for the Unsubsidized Loan as well, or is it presumed we'll qualify for that? Any info much appreciated.

Thanks. Have a great weekend, all.

1. Usually around orientation is what I've heard.

2. Yes I believe you qualify for both.

wade

Postby wade » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Just sharing some information I requested about orientation:

Wednesday is registration and Section mixers. Substantive programing begins (including your first lawyering class) on Thursday.

Registration on Wednesday should not take more than 20 minutes or so and will be open from 12pm until 430pm.

phillywc

Postby phillywc » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:42 am

wade wrote:Just sharing some information I requested about orientation:

Wednesday is registration and Section mixers. Substantive programing begins (including your first lawyering class) on Thursday.

Registration on Wednesday should not take more than 20 minutes or so and will be open from 12pm until 430pm.

this is good info ty

ligeia

Postby ligeia » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Did anyone successfully submit the simple version of the immunization requirement form (which was avaiable online) as opposed to the bubble sheet version? I just became aware that there was a difference, since I never received the health form mailing, and I don't want to bother people at my old college more than I have to...

Thanks for the information!

tenniscourt

Postby tenniscourt » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:30 pm

ligeia wrote:Did anyone successfully submit the simple version of the immunization requirement form (which was avaiable online) as opposed to the bubble sheet version? I just became aware that there was a difference, since I never received the health form mailing, and I don't want to bother people at my old college more than I have to...

I didn't send in either but sent in a record of my shots from my doctor and I got an email from NYU saying I turned in all the necessary forms so I'm sure it's fine so long as they have something saying you have the shots you're supposed to have

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:59 pm

tenniscourt wrote:
ligeia wrote:Did anyone successfully submit the simple version of the immunization requirement form (which was avaiable online) as opposed to the bubble sheet version? I just became aware that there was a difference, since I never received the health form mailing, and I don't want to bother people at my old college more than I have to...

I didn't send in either but sent in a record of my shots from my doctor and I got an email from NYU saying I turned in all the necessary forms so I'm sure it's fine so long as they have something saying you have the shots you're supposed to have

I did this as well and NYU was fine with it.

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:58 pm

i love this special feature of being a naturalized citizen
in which evry time u do nething involving the fed gov't
they require u to prove ur a citizen again

welp time to track down my birf certificate again
no i kno how obama feelz...

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:02 pm

One month until orientation... This is starting to get real.

sims1

Postby sims1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 am

Anyone still yet to receive an immunization form? I'm thinking I should send them an email to figure it out.

tenniscourt

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:04 am

sims1 wrote:Anyone still yet to receive an immunization form? I'm thinking I should send them an email to figure it out.

If you don't wanna wait the requirements can be found here: http://www.nyu.edu/life/safety-health-w ... ments.html

Be sure to only do the graduate students ones and not the undergrad ones

sims1

Postby sims1 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:11 pm

tenniscourt wrote:
sims1 wrote:Anyone still yet to receive an immunization form? I'm thinking I should send them an email to figure it out.

If you don't wanna wait the requirements can be found here: http://www.nyu.edu/life/safety-health-w ... ments.html

Be sure to only do the graduate students ones and not the undergrad ones

this works -- thanks!!

Power_of_Facing

Postby Power_of_Facing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Anyone received roommate assignments yet? I'm dying to know whose life I'll be making miserable for the next nine months. :D :o 8) :lol:

tenniscourt

Postby tenniscourt » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:Anyone received roommate assignments yet? I'm dying to know whose life I'll be making miserable for the next nine months. :D :o 8) :lol:

I don't think we find out until the first week of Augst/after final confirmation is due August 1

alinor

Postby alinor » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Here's the link to the page to opt into/waive out of the NYU's health insurance. (To get there from the link in the Bursars email click on Student Health Insurance, then Washington Square Students, and then on the brown box enrollment/waiver box)

It doesn't take long to fill out. You just need your NYU id number, and your alternate insurance card.

Postby 03152016 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:34 pm

haven't checked out the nyu health plan yet
anyone else thinking of signing up?

also philly u should pester scotti for ur gold badge
so nyu can be the first to three gold posters :D

Chekhov'sGun

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 am

alinor wrote:Here's the link to the page to opt into/waive out of the NYU's health insurance. (To get there from the link in the Bursars email click on Student Health Insurance, then Washington Square Students, and then on the brown box enrollment/waiver box)

It doesn't take long to fill out. You just need your NYU id number, and your alternate insurance card.

That was really helpful, thanks!

Synch

Postby Synch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 am

Brut wrote:haven't checked out the nyu health plan yet
anyone else thinking of signing up?

also philly u should pester scotti for ur gold badge
so nyu can be the first to three gold posters :D

Just signed up for the basic coverage, for the entire year. Seems like a pretty good plan, albeit expensive.

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Our full bill for fall semester is up now! Ouch.

tenniscourt

Postby tenniscourt » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

fkt18 wrote:Our full bill for fall semester is up now! Ouch.

Oh gosh. I'm scared to look :roll: It's getting real now!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”