NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
thislamp
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby thislamp » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 am

How did you all decide whether to live in campus housing or non-campus housing?

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 am

thislamp wrote:How did you all decide whether to live in campus housing or non-campus housing?


I knew I didn't want to pay out of pocket monthly, I wanted to live close to classes which could be a pain living far away come winter, and I wanted to live by a lot of students at least my first year for the social aspect of it so that's why I chose to live on campus.

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby checkers » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:51 pm

thislamp wrote:How did you all decide whether to live in campus housing or non-campus housing?


Living with my wife, so the family housing options were limited. Since we didn't get MacDougal at $2047/mo, we knew we could find something better off-campus for cheaper than what the dorms were asking.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:26 pm

If anyone needed any reassurances that we made the right choice with NYU, I was watching Boy Meets World today and at the end of the series Topanga gets accepted into NYU Law and accepts a scholarship :roll:

Clearly we're all destined for success with such an esteemed alum :D

thislamp
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby thislamp » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:35 pm

tenniscourt wrote:If anyone needed any reassurances that we made the right choice with NYU, I was watching Boy Meets World today and at the end of the series Topanga gets accepted into NYU Law and accepts a scholarship :roll:

Clearly we're all destined for success with such an esteemed alum :D


thank you for this sincerely

User avatar
leezabee
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby leezabee » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:28 pm

thislamp wrote:How did you all decide whether to live in campus housing or non-campus housing?


I knew I could save money living off campus, I have a cat, and I think I can handle the commute. Granted, it also helps that I have friends in the city who I'm moving in with, who have experience with the NYC rental markets. I don't know if I would be so willing to take a chance on finding a place if I didn't have them helping.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:50 am

thislamp wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:If anyone needed any reassurances that we made the right choice with NYU, I was watching Boy Meets World today and at the end of the series Topanga gets accepted into NYU Law and accepts a scholarship :roll:

Clearly we're all destined for success with such an esteemed alum :D


thank you for this sincerely



Anytime :wink:

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm

Just got my housing assignment for D'Ag! Excited to be on campus.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fivestarfolds » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:59 pm

-
Last edited by fivestarfolds on Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Coprolalia
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Coprolalia » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

thislamp wrote:How did you all decide whether to live in campus housing or non-campus housing?


Cost of living. :)
Last edited by Coprolalia on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Thankfully the new email they just sent us answers almost all of the questions we've been asking here! It's like they read TLS :roll:

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby checkers » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
checkers wrote:
Living with my wife, so the family housing options were limited. Since we didn't get MacDougal at $2047/mo, we knew we could find something better off-campus for cheaper than what the dorms were asking.

Any other married people out there? Is it just Checker and I?


Good question. I wonder how small a minority we are. I hope our spouses know what we're getting into haha =]

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby checkers » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:57 pm

tenniscourt wrote:Thankfully the new email they just sent us answers almost all of the questions we've been asking here! It's like they read TLS :roll:


Rocket Docket wrote:Immunization packets were mailed to all deposited students as of June 18


I haven't received mine, although I've already found the form online. Has anyone else not gotten theirs in the mail?

User avatar
BuddyHoller
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby BuddyHoller » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:12 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
checkers wrote:
Living with my wife, so the family housing options were limited. Since we didn't get MacDougal at $2047/mo, we knew we could find something better off-campus for cheaper than what the dorms were asking.

Any other married people out there? Is it just Checker and I?


Long-term relationship, so mostly?

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby checkers » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:16 pm

BuddyHoller wrote:Long-term relationship, so mostly?


I'll allow it. Welcome to the club.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fivestarfolds » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:27 pm

BuddyHoller wrote:
Long-term relationship, so mostly?

Sounds good to me :)

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:22 pm

checkers wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Thankfully the new email they just sent us answers almost all of the questions we've been asking here! It's like they read TLS :roll:


Rocket Docket wrote:Immunization packets were mailed to all deposited students as of June 18


I haven't received mine, although I've already found the form online. Has anyone else not gotten theirs in the mail?


I haven't received mine either. I'm under the suspicion they've yet to mail it they're on their way.

User avatar
leezabee
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby leezabee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:46 pm

checkers wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Thankfully the new email they just sent us answers almost all of the questions we've been asking here! It's like they read TLS :roll:


Rocket Docket wrote:Immunization packets were mailed to all deposited students as of June 18


I haven't received mine, although I've already found the form online. Has anyone else not gotten theirs in the mail?


Have not gotten a damn thing. I did call the health services office to ask some questions about the immunization requirements, since I don't really have a primary care doctor right now (the number on the website that lists the forms does not work, fyi). Apparently the form that isn't available online doesn't have to be in by the August 1st deadline, just the other two forms.

bb2418
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby bb2418 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:13 am

still no word on when they'll have us apply for and accept loans?

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:15 am

bb2418 wrote:still no word on when they'll have us apply for and accept loans?


from today's e-mail:
At the beginning of July, the Office of Student Financial Services will be emailing information to incoming and returning students about completing the process of applying for student loans for the upcoming academic year.

bb2418
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby bb2418 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
bb2418 wrote:still no word on when they'll have us apply for and accept loans?


from today's e-mail:
At the beginning of July, the Office of Student Financial Services will be emailing information to incoming and returning students about completing the process of applying for student loans for the upcoming academic year.

well i better work on reading comp before august lol. thanks

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:11 am

bb2418 wrote:still no word on when they'll have us apply for and accept loans?

Not sure about all the steps for the loan process or if other people have already been able to do this, but I was able to accept/decline loan amounts on Albert for the first time today.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
bb2418 wrote:still no word on when they'll have us apply for and accept loans?

Not sure about all the steps for the loan process or if other people have already been able to do this, but I was able to accept/decline loan amounts on Albert for the first time today.


What did you click on Albert to do that?

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby paglababa » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Anyone looking for roommates and have a place already?

Edit: Brokers fee got quoted to me at 15% of annualized rent..so $6300 for a $3500 3BR. That's crazy.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby 03152016 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:57 pm

paglababa wrote:Anyone looking for roommates and have a place already?

Edit: Brokers fee got quoted to me at 15% of annualized rent..so $6300 for a $3500 3BR. That's crazy.

you can often talk them down to one month's rent




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest