NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Synch » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:30 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:I haven't received anything that is super relevant from NYU. I would love to get started on the health requirements. Has anyone received the health packet?


Not here (DC area)

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Can I pretend to be an anti-vaccine person to avoid getting the health shots? :lol:

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:00 pm

paglababa wrote:Er what's the best way to find roommates and get in on their apt? Max you already found someone right ?

Yup. TLS worked for me. You might find something solid on craigslist too; that's where I've found most of my places in the past.

muzzy
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby muzzy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:39 am

.
Last edited by muzzy on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fivestarfolds » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:44 pm

muzzy wrote:Can we elect a TLS NYU president (PONYU, if you will) who makes sure we don't drop the ball on anything big?

I'm traveling and I'm lazy. :lol:

I'm counting on Philly as the OP / PONYU

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:09 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:
muzzy wrote:Can we elect a TLS NYU president (PONYU, if you will) who makes sure we don't drop the ball on anything big?

I'm traveling and I'm lazy. :lol:

I'm counting on Philly as the OP / PONYU

+1

We believe in you, Philly!

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fivestarfolds » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Just got yankees tickets for June 1. Cliché? Yes. Cap night? Yes!

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby paglababa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 pm

And the frantic search for an apt begins....today.

:( :x :cry:

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

paglababa wrote:And the frantic search for an apt begins....today.

:( :x :cry:

Good luck!

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby paglababa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:54 pm

fkt18 wrote:
paglababa wrote:And the frantic search for an apt begins....today.

:( :x :cry:

Good luck!


Thanks! I've been looking on the NYU housing group fb page. So many of these kids have $1600-2000 budgets. I can see why NYU undergrad gets the trust fund baby reputation :|

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:06 pm

paglababa wrote:Thanks! I've been looking on the NYU housing group fb page. So many of these kids have $1600-2000 budgets. I can see why NYU undergrad gets the trust fund baby reputation :|

Ouch. Let us know if you find something that doesn't require a trust fund! I definitely want something on the cheaper end for 2L/3L... The least expensive rooms in D'Ag are painful enough.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby 03152016 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:37 pm

paglababa wrote:
fkt18 wrote:
paglababa wrote:And the frantic search for an apt begins....today.

:( :x :cry:

Good luck!


Thanks! I've been looking on the NYU housing group fb page. So many of these kids have $1600-2000 budgets. I can see why NYU undergrad gets the trust fund baby reputation :|

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/re ... ?referrer=

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Darn! Just realized I put down the wrong first choice for housing. Oh well :roll:

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:20 pm

tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I really hope so, although I feel like we might not hear until next week.

And that sucks about putting down the wrong first choice. Hopefully it's still something you're okay with!

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:54 pm

fkt18 wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I really hope so, although I feel like we might not hear until next week.

And that sucks about putting down the wrong first choice. Hopefully it's still something you're okay with!


Heck, as long as I get a decent room I'll be fine

Preferably at D'ag :roll:

User avatar
sims1
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby sims1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Do we know if we figure out who our roomate's are (if you have one) with our assignment?

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:06 pm

sims1 wrote:Do we know if we figure out who our roomate's are (if you have one) with our assignment?


I just looked in last year's thread and apparently you get your roommate(s) email address in your assignment email

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 pm

tenniscourt wrote:
sims1 wrote:Do we know if we figure out who our roomate's are (if you have one) with our assignment?


I just looked in last year's thread and apparently you get your roommate(s) email address in your assignment email


Another cool thing is that like, the entire NYU address book is already in your e-mail. Go start typing into the To: field and a bunch of e-mail addresses populate.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:15 pm

fkt18 wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I really hope so, although I feel like we might not hear until next week.

And that sucks about putting down the wrong first choice. Hopefully it's still something you're okay with!


The online calendar says June 16th, so I'd put my money there.

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:19 pm

tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I think they start sending out assignments on the 16th.

My app was in a few days past the deadline due to me coming off the waitlist. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much. :/ Really want to be in D'ag.

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:19 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
fkt18 wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I really hope so, although I feel like we might not hear until next week.

And that sucks about putting down the wrong first choice. Hopefully it's still something you're okay with!


The online calendar says June 16th, so I'd put my money there.



Gah! So far away! I just wanna know if I have roommates!

User avatar
tenniscourt
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tenniscourt » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:35 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:
sims1 wrote:Do we know if we figure out who our roomate's are (if you have one) with our assignment?


I just looked in last year's thread and apparently you get your roommate(s) email address in your assignment email


Another cool thing is that like, the entire NYU address book is already in your e-mail. Go start typing into the To: field and a bunch of e-mail addresses populate.


For some reason this gave me flashbacks to this :roll:

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Slytherpuff » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:14 pm

Chekhov'sGun wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I think they start sending out assignments on the 16th.

My app was in a few days past the deadline due to me coming off the waitlist. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much. :/ Really want to be in D'ag.

Yeah, I was a day late because of the WL so I'm hoping we still got into D'Ag. I feel like our chances should be good though!

I'm just excited to find out housing and roommate info. Hoping I get someone who lives in the area and conveniently already has pots/pans, since I don't want to ship any. :lol:

User avatar
sims1
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby sims1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:37 am

fkt18 wrote:
Chekhov'sGun wrote:
tenniscourt wrote:Speaking of housing, should we hear back on assignments this week?

I think they start sending out assignments on the 16th.

My app was in a few days past the deadline due to me coming off the waitlist. I'm hoping that won't hurt me too much. :/ Really want to be in D'ag.

Yeah, I was a day late because of the WL so I'm hoping we still got into D'Ag. I feel like our chances should be good though!

I'm just excited to find out housing and roommate info. Hoping I get someone who lives in the area and conveniently already has pots/pans, since I don't want to ship any. :lol:


You should be okay since the kitchen's only have room for an extremely limited amount of stuff..




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest