NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Just got mine. Admitted 12/3. It fit in my apartment-style mailbox.


I am jealous of your apartment not having tiny little tin-cans for mailboxes. 50% of all my mail ends up mashed.


I guess it's not technically an apartment (it's a condo I own) but the mailboxes are the same size as all my previous apartments. Maybe it's a Midwest thing? We do have a lot of space here for the most part lol.

PS: I have no idea where you are located so that could wreck my theory lol

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Just got mine. Admitted 12/3. It fit in my apartment-style mailbox.


I am jealous of your apartment not having tiny little tin-cans for mailboxes. 50% of all my mail ends up mashed.


I guess it's not technically an apartment (it's a condo I own) but the mailboxes are the same size as all my previous apartments. Maybe it's a Midwest thing? We do have a lot of space here for the most part lol.

PS: I have no idea where you are located so that could wreck my theory lol


Midwest, so maybe it is a Midwest thing. If so I want my deposit back on the small mailboxes from my past 7 years in apartments, haha.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Just got mine. Admitted 12/3. It fit in my apartment-style mailbox.


I am jealous of your apartment not having tiny little tin-cans for mailboxes. 50% of all my mail ends up mashed.


I guess it's not technically an apartment (it's a condo I own) but the mailboxes are the same size as all my previous apartments. Maybe it's a Midwest thing? We do have a lot of space here for the most part lol.

PS: I have no idea where you are located so that could wreck my theory lol


Midwest, so maybe it is a Midwest thing. If so I want my deposit back on the small mailboxes from my past 7 years in apartments, haha.


Ha no I live in the Midwest too, so I was saying maybe my large apartment mailboxes were due to not being on a coast, but it sounds like that was a crackpot theory lol.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Ha no I live in the Midwest too, so I was saying maybe my large apartment mailboxes were due to not being on a coast, but it sounds like that was a crackpot theory lol.


RC was my worst section on the LSAT, it shows. :lol:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:53 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Ha no I live in the Midwest too, so I was saying maybe my large apartment mailboxes were due to not being on a coast, but it sounds like that was a crackpot theory lol.


RC was my worst section on the LSAT, it shows. :lol:


Haha my worst was LG...luckily those skills are not really needed on the forums, so my weaknesses with the games can just stay back in October where they belong :D

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote: I guess it's not technically an apartment (it's a condo I own) but the mailboxes are the same size as all my previous apartments. Maybe it's a Midwest thing? We do have a lot of space here for the most part lol.

PS: I have no idea where you are located so that could wreck my theory lol


Midwest, so maybe it is a Midwest thing. If so I want my deposit back on the small mailboxes from my past 7 years in apartments, haha.


I live in the Midwest, too, and I think my apartment mailboxes are getting smaller. Even my first letter from NYU-- the purple thing-- was terribly mangled as it was shoved in my box. Everything else went straight to the front desk for pickup because they were just too huge :wink:

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:57 pm

kershka wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote: I guess it's not technically an apartment (it's a condo I own) but the mailboxes are the same size as all my previous apartments. Maybe it's a Midwest thing? We do have a lot of space here for the most part lol.

PS: I have no idea where you are located so that could wreck my theory lol


Midwest, so maybe it is a Midwest thing. If so I want my deposit back on the small mailboxes from my past 7 years in apartments, haha.


I live in the Midwest, too, and I think my apartment mailboxes are getting smaller. Even my first letter from NYU-- the purple thing-- was terribly mangled as it was shoved in my box. Everything else went straight to the front desk for pickup because they were just too huge :wink:


Another nail in the coffin of my theory... :D lol

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:58 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Ha no I live in the Midwest too, so I was saying maybe my large apartment mailboxes were due to not being on a coast, but it sounds like that was a crackpot theory lol.


RC was my worst section on the LSAT, it shows. :lol:


Haha my worst was LG...luckily those skills are not really needed on the forums, so my weaknesses with the games can just stay back in October where they belong :D


Oddly enough on my December retake I did better on RC than games, so maybe I am a jack of no trades, haha.

kershka wrote:I live in the Midwest, too, and I think my apartment mailboxes are getting smaller. Even my first letter from NYU-- the purple thing-- was terribly mangled as it was shoved in my box. Everything else went straight to the front desk for pickup because they were just too huge :wink:


Midwest party in the NYU thread tonight, maybe because its -10000 degrees. :lol:

I was lucky with the first NYU letter, our USPS carrier actually took it to my door rather than mash it into the box. As nice as he can be, sometimes he really does cram objects into that box that should not have been in there under any circumstances. We don't really have a front desk where I live, its a semi-rural apartment complex, so its either mashed or left on the floor.

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby midwest17 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 am

I want to join the Midwest party!

For data collection purposes, my mailboxes are small but not tiny. Normal envelopes fit fine; magazines can stand up if they're rolled. Some of the big law school envelopes have gotten a bit mashed/torn up.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:07 am

midwest17 wrote:I want to join the Midwest party!

For data collection purposes, my mailboxes are small but not tiny. Normal envelopes fit fine; magazines can stand up if they're rolled. Some of the big law school envelopes have gotten a bit mashed/torn up.

Hmm.. so your law school envelopes could fit in the box. Mine couldn't.

LS22, I think this warrants some spreadsheet investigating. Geographic area versus size of mailbox, perhaps? :P And I think the entire Midwest is hiding indoors right now, so commiserating over the weather on online forums is really our only possible activity...man I need a life :wink:

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:11 am

I would +1 the mailbox spreadsheet. You might even be able to use that as a research reference in a LOCI if necessary. :lol:

And yeah, I could use a life as well. But in my defense work has been closed tomorrow, so I have nothing better to do.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:17 am

You guys are too much lol. But I can relate to the having -better-to-do-than-post-on-TLS thing. I walked outside earlier today (well, after ripping my frozen door open first) to pick up some coffee beans (I ran out on the worst day to run out of coffee), went to my car and couldn't get the door open, so it was back inside for me and it turned into a tea-drinking sort of day.

My cat just looked at me and was like "you stupid human."

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:18 am

lawschool22 wrote:"you stupid human."


Cats are smart like that.

I had to mail a package, which was the only reason I tried to go out. Turns out even UPS is closed here, so the 45 minutes it took me to excavate my car was fruitless.

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:"you stupid human."


Cats are smart like that.

I had to mail a package, which was the only reason I tried to go out. Turns out even UPS is closed here, so the 45 minutes it took me to excavate my car was fruitless.


My cats have gone into hibernation mode. Seriously, I think they only stirred briefly for dinner :D

And you poor man (I'm going out on a limb and assuming that you're male, apologies if you're not). I needed to go to the bank today, looked outside, and promptly changed my mind.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2212
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 am

I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby mindarmed » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:34 am

jingosaur wrote:I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.


i am very jelly of that location brother

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:57 am

Got mine yesterday too! Live in midtown west (not to be confused with the midwest), and it was too large for my mailbox. I got my decision the first week of December.

Really impressed by all the reading materials!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:56 pm

jingosaur wrote:I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.


You should have asked if they deliver. :lol:

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.


You should have asked if they deliver. :lol:

Not going to lie, I actually laughed out loud at this. Also, is anyone else a little disappointed there isn't pizza in the pizza box? :P I've never tried NYC pizza before (from actually NYC) and I can't properly decide if Chicago style or New York style is better until I've had authentic NY pizza.

User avatar
NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:53 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:24 pm

kershka wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.


You should have asked if they deliver. :lol:

Not going to lie, I actually laughed out loud at this. Also, is anyone else a little disappointed there isn't pizza in the pizza box? :P I've never tried NYC pizza before (from actually NYC) and I can't properly decide if Chicago style or New York style is better until I've had authentic NY pizza.


NYC PIZZA faSHOOOOOOOO. I do not trust quiche shaped pizza.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Lol im in NYC too, and the post woman left a note saying "sorry we missed you." Sigh.

I have to go pick it up from the post office lol. What's in it? I was hoping they were gonna send me a hoodie, but appears not.

tls2175
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby tls2175 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:52 pm

NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal wrote:
kershka wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
jingosaur wrote:I just got my pizza box today. I live within walking distance from NYU Law.


You should have asked if they deliver. :lol:

Not going to lie, I actually laughed out loud at this. Also, is anyone else a little disappointed there isn't pizza in the pizza box? :P I've never tried NYC pizza before (from actually NYC) and I can't properly decide if Chicago style or New York style is better until I've had authentic NY pizza.


NYC PIZZA faSHOOOOOOOO. I do not trust quiche shaped pizza.

I think this settles the matter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IKxbOpt0E

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2065
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:56 pm

paglababa wrote:Lol im in NYC too, and the post woman left a note saying "sorry we missed you." Sigh.

I have to go pick it up from the post office lol. What's in it? I was hoping they were gonna send me a hoodie, but appears not.


It comes with a bunch of different booklets, a postcard, and a stack of sticky notes. One of the booklets is a directory of all the faculty, another is an NYU law magazine, and the last is an admitted students guide. The postcard has ASW dates. I liked the sticky notes best...lmao. I think that's everything but that is all off the top of my head.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:01 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
paglababa wrote:Lol im in NYC too, and the post woman left a note saying "sorry we missed you." Sigh.

I have to go pick it up from the post office lol. What's in it? I was hoping they were gonna send me a hoodie, but appears not.


It comes with a bunch of different booklets, a postcard, and a stack of sticky notes. One of the booklets is a directory of all the faculty, another is an NYU law magazine, and the last is an admitted students guide. The postcard has ASW dates. I liked the sticky notes best...lmao. I think that's everything but that is all off the top of my head.


lol k. I'll overlook the exclusion of the hoodie for some scholarship money.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:07 pm

paglababa wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
paglababa wrote:Lol im in NYC too, and the post woman left a note saying "sorry we missed you." Sigh.

I have to go pick it up from the post office lol. What's in it? I was hoping they were gonna send me a hoodie, but appears not.


It comes with a bunch of different booklets, a postcard, and a stack of sticky notes. One of the booklets is a directory of all the faculty, another is an NYU law magazine, and the last is an admitted students guide. The postcard has ASW dates. I liked the sticky notes best...lmao. I think that's everything but that is all off the top of my head.


lol k. I'll overlook the exclusion of the hoodie for some scholarship money.


I would have been mad impressed if they fit a hoodie into the pizza box.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest