NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
Hotfries26
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Hotfries26 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Has anyone received an initial finaid offer/heard anything this week? I planned out my appeal already but I need an initial offer first... :P

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:01 pm

critical mass wrote:
koalacity wrote:
barrelofmonkeys wrote:
critical mass wrote:long time lurker here...just deposited at NYU! :D


congrats!!
want to share some things about yourself?

Specifically, how tall are you?

Asking for a friend. My friend's name is bom.

about six feet...

i must say, being welcomed on this board by two tls celebrities is quite the honor.


Welcome!

User avatar
critical mass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby critical mass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:08 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
critical mass wrote:about six feet...

i must say, being welcomed on this board by two tls celebrities is quite the honor.


Welcome!

3/3.

thanks. it's good to finally be part of the TLS community... :)

heirloom
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:47 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby heirloom » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:24 pm

Waiting for initial finaid decision here. Was told late this week/early next? Anyone hear today?

User avatar
Mack.Hambleton
Posts: 5417
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:33 pm

heirloom wrote:Waiting for initial finaid decision here. Was told late this week/early next? Anyone hear today?


Still waiting here as well admitted early April.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:47 pm

HOW binding is the seat deposit?

User avatar
critical mass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby critical mass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:05 pm

scoobers wrote:HOW binding is the seat deposit?

partially binding...it requires you to withdraw from all the schools you've been accepted to (but not wait-listed at).

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:06 pm

critical mass wrote:
scoobers wrote:HOW binding is the seat deposit?

partially binding...it requires you to withdraw from all the schools you've been accepted to (but not wait-listed at).


Well then.

Fuck.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:10 pm

scoobers wrote:
critical mass wrote:
scoobers wrote:HOW binding is the seat deposit?

partially binding...it requires you to withdraw from all the schools you've been accepted to (but not wait-listed at).


Well then.

Fuck.


Have you asked for an extension?

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tlsapp2017 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 pm

My request for an extension of the Monday 21st scholarship deadline was just denied... uggggh. Now I guess I just have to make a decision before I hear back from Columbia about $ :(. I was also planning on going to new york early next week to visit one more time, but I guess that's not happening either. pretty bummed right now.

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Humbert Humbert » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:19 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:My request for an extension of the Monday 21st scholarship deadline was just denied... uggggh. Now I guess I just have to make a decision before I hear back from Columbia about $ :(. I was also planning on going to new york early next week to visit one more time, but I guess that's not happening either. pretty bummed right now.

Seriously? That's pretty shitty.

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:19 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:
tlsapp2017 wrote:My request for an extension of the Monday 21st scholarship deadline was just denied... uggggh. Now I guess I just have to make a decision before I hear back from Columbia about $ :(. I was also planning on going to new york early next week to visit one more time, but I guess that's not happening either. pretty bummed right now.

Seriously? That's pretty shitty.


This doesn't bode well for me.

Honestly, NYU? If you want me to enroll, make it possible to enroll.

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Humbert Humbert » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm

Just got my appeal decision back. Upped to 50k (60k if I do PI 2L summer). Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, based on the responses of others.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Humbert Humbert wrote:Just got my appeal decision back. Upped to 50k (60k if I do PI 2L summer). Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, based on the responses of others.


Mind letting us know (either here or PM) what your original offer was and what you used to negotiate with?

User avatar
tlsapp2017
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby tlsapp2017 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Does anyone know if the Monday scholarship deadline is a 5:00PM or midnight deadline? (or something else?) I can't seem to find that information anywhere, and it suddenly looks like those 7 hours might be very important.

User avatar
critical mass
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby critical mass » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:32 pm

tlsapp2017 wrote:Does anyone know if the Monday scholarship deadline is a 5:00PM or midnight deadline? (or something else?) I can't seem to find that information anywhere, and it suddenly looks like those 7 hours might be very important.

there's no explicit reference (on the form or on the website) to a COB deadline, so I'm pretty sure you're permitted to submit anytime before midnight - particularly since the confirmation e-mail is sent out instantly after the electronic submission (giving you a record of the submission date).

i would still call to confirm though.

User avatar
Synch
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Synch » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:34 pm

NYU doesn't love me. So sad.

Still sitting at zero - and haven't heard back about my appeal (using Chicago aid, and a full ride at Cornell)

oyvey35
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby oyvey35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Did everyone submit their appeal via the "my appeal" section on the financial aid site? If so, has it worked? I never received a confirmation email and I called admissions to confirm and the person suggested that I just send it again by email this time

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby drawstring » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 pm

oyvey35 wrote:Did everyone submit their appeal via the "my appeal" section on the financial aid site? If so, has it worked? I never received a confirmation email and I called admissions to confirm and the person suggested that I just send it again by email this time


I submitted it through there, then the tab disappeared and nothing happened for days. I emailed to confirm that my appeal was processed, but they said that they had no indication that I appealed, even though I'm like 99 percent sure that I did. They told me to try again, the tab reappeared, and I got a confirmation email after the second attempt.

oyvey35
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby oyvey35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm

drawstring wrote:
oyvey35 wrote:Did everyone submit their appeal via the "my appeal" section on the financial aid site? If so, has it worked? I never received a confirmation email and I called admissions to confirm and the person suggested that I just send it again by email this time


I submitted it through there, then the tab disappeared and nothing happened for days. I emailed to confirm that my appeal was processed, but they said that they had no indication that I appealed, even though I'm like 99 percent sure that I did. They told me to try again, the tab reappeared, and I got a confirmation email after the second attempt.



Thanks for the info! Ugh that's bad news for me, now I'll have to submit again and wait even longer for a response.

fivestarfolds
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fivestarfolds » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Nearly 18 months ago, I took my first LSAT and began applying to law schools.

2 cycles, 5 wait lists, 3 rejections, and 8 acceptances later, I have deposited at...
Image
NYU!

Join me.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby drawstring » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Congrats!!!!

User avatar
zen
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:31 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby zen » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Just got my deposit deadline extended to 5/2 from 4/21. I asked for the extension yesterday so they were pretty speedy.

User avatar
checkers
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby checkers » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Nearly 18 months ago, I took my first LSAT and began applying to law schools.

2 cycles, 5 wait lists, 3 rejections, and 8 acceptances later, I have deposited at...
NYU!

Join me.


Much excitement!! I doubt I would have the patience to wait a cycle like you did. Glad you finally ended up with a school you're happy with!

Kimikho
Posts: 3971
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby Kimikho » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:47 pm

zen wrote:Just got my deposit deadline extended to 5/2 from 4/21. I asked for the extension yesterday so they were pretty speedy.


Mine was just denied :(

Mind PMing me what you wrote?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest