NYU Class of 2017 - We are real 1Ls now

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Howl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm technologically challenged, so please remind me - where do we find the status of our financial aid apps again? I remember checking it before, but for the life of me I can't find the link anymore neither in my emails nor on the admitted students website :cry:

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby neprep » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Howl wrote:I'm technologically challenged, so please remind me - where do we find the status of our financial aid apps again? I remember checking it before, but for the life of me I can't find the link anymore neither in my emails nor on the admitted students website :cry:


https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:53 pm

neprep wrote:
Howl wrote:I'm technologically challenged, so please remind me - where do we find the status of our financial aid apps again? I remember checking it before, but for the life of me I can't find the link anymore neither in my emails nor on the admitted students website :cry:


https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html


When in doubt, fap.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:55 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
neprep wrote:
Howl wrote:I'm technologically challenged, so please remind me - where do we find the status of our financial aid apps again? I remember checking it before, but for the life of me I can't find the link anymore neither in my emails nor on the admitted students website :cry:


https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html


When in doubt, fap.


I now feel much better knowing that I am at least not the only person who thought of it that way. :lol:

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Theopliske8711 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:16 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:I'm way above average height.


Go on...


I'm often mistaken for that really good looking actor.

User avatar
Howl
Posts: 293
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Howl » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
neprep wrote:
Howl wrote:I'm technologically challenged, so please remind me - where do we find the status of our financial aid apps again? I remember checking it before, but for the life of me I can't find the link anymore neither in my emails nor on the admitted students website :cry:


https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html


When in doubt, fap.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

And muchas gracias, Nep!

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby cotiger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 am

Where do you go to appeal the scholarship on faaps?

Am I totally blind?

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby drawstring » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:47 am

cotiger wrote:Where do you go to appeal the scholarship on faaps?

Am I totally blind?


At the top it should say "Appeal"

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby cotiger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 am

drawstring wrote:
cotiger wrote:Where do you go to appeal the scholarship on faaps?

Am I totally blind?


At the top it should say "Appeal"


Yeah, I thought that it used to, but it's not there anymore

Hopefully it's just a maintenance thing..

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:29 am

cotiger wrote:
drawstring wrote:
cotiger wrote:Where do you go to appeal the scholarship on faaps?

Am I totally blind?


At the top it should say "Appeal"


Yeah, I thought that it used to, but it's not there anymore

Hopefully it's just a maintenance thing..


You might want to e-mail them.
While you're at it, ask them why I still don't have an award notification.

Theopliske8711
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Theopliske8711 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:22 am

The appeal tab disappeared for me as well. I had to email them. There is an email address on the fap page. Tell then that it does r show and they will activate it.

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby kathj06 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:28 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
cotiger wrote:
drawstring wrote:
cotiger wrote:Where do you go to appeal the scholarship on faaps?

Am I totally blind?


At the top it should say "Appeal"


Yeah, I thought that it used to, but it's not there anymore

Hopefully it's just a maintenance thing..


You might want to e-mail them.
While you're at it, ask them why I still don't have an award notification.


+1 , Final review since end of January!

User avatar
cotiger
Posts: 1648
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby cotiger » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:27 am

Theopliske8711 wrote:The appeal tab disappeared for me as well. I had to email them. There is an email address on the fap page. Tell then that it does r show and they will activate it.


Thanks!

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby lastsamurai » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:07 am

Anyone know anything about Jacobson interviews? Mine is next week, and I'm not too sure how to prepare

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:09 am

kathj06 wrote:
+1 , Final review since end of January!


Me too! Have you heard back from all the named scholarships you applied for? I'm wondering (hoping) that the fact that I haven't heard back for so long means that I'm still in the running for something?

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby kathj06 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 am

whippersnappery wrote:
kathj06 wrote:
+1 , Final review since end of January!


Me too! Have you heard back from all the named scholarships you applied for? I'm wondering (hoping) that the fact that I haven't heard back for so long means that I'm still in the running for something?


I'm glad I'm not in this boat alone--so I applied for RTK and Furman Public Policy. I got a formal rejection email for RTK weeks ago but crickets as far as Furman Public Policy goes...I heard from someone ITT earlier that they had received a rejection email for Furman. But I also feel like if I were still in consideration, wouldn't I have heard? I'm not sure what the interview process for Furman PP is like since it is a new program, or if there even is one....

What about you?

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:19 am

kathj06 wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:
kathj06 wrote:
+1 , Final review since end of January!


Me too! Have you heard back from all the named scholarships you applied for? I'm wondering (hoping) that the fact that I haven't heard back for so long means that I'm still in the running for something?


I'm glad I'm not in this boat alone--so I applied for RTK and Furman Public Policy. I got a formal rejection email for RTK weeks ago but crickets as far as Furman Public Policy goes...I heard from someone ITT earlier that they had received a rejection email for Furman. But I also feel like if I were still in consideration, wouldn't I have heard? I'm not sure what the interview process for Furman PP is like since it is a new program, or if there even is one....

What about you?


I didn't apply to Furman, but I did apply to RTK and haven't heard anything. Someone a few pages back hypothesized that they were holding second batches of people back in case they need to interview more people once they see their yields from initial offers. Maybe we're part of those second batches?

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby kathj06 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

I like your theory!

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:38 am

kathj06 wrote:I like your theory!


:D :D :D

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 pm

Well, just got the RTK rejection. Guess my theory was wrong. :?

User avatar
Ryan11212
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby Ryan11212 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Same here :/

kathj06
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby kathj06 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:19 pm

whippersnappery wrote:Well, just got the RTK rejection. Guess my theory was wrong. :?


Shucks--I am sorry whipper! But if you were under consideration this long, I bet it still means they really like you and will give you big money big money$$!!

User avatar
whippersnappery
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Postby whippersnappery » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 pm

kathj06 wrote:
whippersnappery wrote:Well, just got the RTK rejection. Guess my theory was wrong. :?


Shucks--I am sorry whipper! But if you were under consideration this long, I bet it still means they really like you and will give you big money big money$$!!


I like your attitude! I hope you're right. :)

gottago
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby gottago » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am

deleted
Last edited by gottago on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fleurdelis2
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Postby fleurdelis2 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 am

.
Last edited by fleurdelis2 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest