NYU Class of 2017 - Basically graduated Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
kershka

Silver

Re: NYU Class of 2017

Post by kershka » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 pm

You guys are terrifying me :( I had to change my address recently but, though I received confirmation of the change from NYU's automated system, my address is still listed as the old one. Now I'm afraid my box went to my old address...

Someone post pics to tide the rest of us over!

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:44 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:I got the "big" package today. Live close to NY, accepted 12/3.

There is a beautiful post-card about Admitted Students Days.
Things are getting hype-y!

Damn you, no mail on sunday policy!

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:59 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:I got the "big" package today. Live close to NY, accepted 12/3.

I'm excited the packages are being out, but I wish she wouldn't have told me mid-January in that email because I'm still at my permanent address for a few more days, so I could've gotten it mailed here.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 pm

kershka wrote:You guys are terrifying me :( I had to change my address recently but, though I received confirmation of the change from NYU's automated system, my address is still listed as the old one. Now I'm afraid my box went to my old address...

Someone post pics to tide the rest of us over!
PM'd you some pictures of the Pizza box. 8)

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:31 am

Typhoon24 wrote:

+1. Seriously, who came up with that policy?

And Ty, Nonconsecutive, now I am doubly excited for that box to come!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:42 am

kershka wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:

No problem, and I can say without a doubt that it was indeed the best cardboard box I have received in memory. :lol:

lastsamurai

Silver

Post by lastsamurai » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
kershka wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:

No problem, and I can say without a doubt that it was indeed the best cardboard box I have received in memory. :lol:
Just curious...is it too large to fit in an apartment mailbox? Like a ups shipment?

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:26 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
Just curious...is it too large to fit in an apartment mailbox? Like a ups shipment?
It's a little smaller than 8.5x11", and about 1.5 inches deep.

chloew

New

Post by chloew » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:51 pm

As an international, I have not got my decision letter (2 weeks already), yet the admissions package already reached many of you guys.

Guess how envious I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:25 pm

lastsamurai wrote:Just curious...is it too large to fit in an apartment mailbox? Like a ups shipment?
It was too large for my apartment mailbox (the kind built into a wall). They plopped it down in front of my door.

NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal

New

Post by NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:09 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
lastsamurai wrote:Just curious...is it too large to fit in an apartment mailbox? Like a ups shipment?
It was too large for my apartment mailbox (the kind built into a wall). They plopped it down in front of my door.

I just requested a change of mailing address with the admissions office for this purpose, but the woman I spoke with assured me that the packages had not yet been sent. Anybody willing to PM a pic of the box? The curiosity is killing me.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 am

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Got my box today! :D I live in the Southwest US.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Also got my box today. I live in FL.

Very impressive and elegant!

SonlenNightfall

New

Post by SonlenNightfall » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Finally got my NYU Pizza Box in the mail! It is quite impressive, and could definitely fit a personal pizza and bread sticks. Instead it just had a letter, viewbooks, and things like that. Very interesting stuff... but now I'm quite hungry.

For those still waiting, I was accepted on 12/17. The holidays seem to have put quite a delay on these packages.

berndie90

New

Post by berndie90 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:01 pm

SonlenNightfall wrote:Finally got my NYU Pizza Box in the mail! It is quite impressive, and could definitely fit a personal pizza and bread sticks. Instead it just had a letter, viewbooks, and things like that. Very interesting stuff... but now I'm quite hungry.

For those still waiting, I was accepted on 12/17. The holidays seem to have put quite a delay on these packages.
I was accepted back in November and still haven't gotten mine. Is that normal?

SonlenNightfall

New

Post by SonlenNightfall » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:15 pm

berndie90 wrote:
SonlenNightfall wrote:Finally got my NYU Pizza Box in the mail! It is quite impressive, and could definitely fit a personal pizza and bread sticks. Instead it just had a letter, viewbooks, and things like that. Very interesting stuff... but now I'm quite hungry.

Hmm... I would probably contact them about the package. I doubt they would have prioritized sending out packages to people accepted in mid-December over people accepted in November. It may have gotten lost.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:36 pm

SonlenNightfall wrote:
berndie90 wrote:

Hmm... I would probably contact them about the package. I doubt they would have prioritized sending out packages to people accepted in mid-December over people accepted in November. It may have gotten lost.
This seems premature. I think today's the first day anyone's reported getting them, regardless of admit date, and the postal service doesn't work in perfect synchronicity. This is especially true if you're somewhere that's being affected by weather right now.

Wait a week, then maybe get in touch with them.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:03 pm

midwest17 wrote:
SonlenNightfall wrote:
berndie90 wrote:

This seems premature. I think today's the first day anyone's reported getting them, regardless of admit date, and the postal service doesn't work in perfect synchronicity. This is especially true if you're somewhere that's being affected by weather right now.

Actually, I think that Friday was the first day that anyone reported receiving a package.

Mine came to my old address, like I thought it might so I guess the "update my address" for on the ASW doesn't actually work. Oh, well, I guess I'll get it in a few extra days.

NYU_UGrad, did you just call the main admissions office when you updated your address? I'm getting this package forwarded but I should change my address for future mailings.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:07 pm

kershka wrote:Actually, I think that Friday was the first day that anyone reported receiving a package.

Mine came to my old address, like I thought it might so I guess the "update my address" for on the ASW doesn't actually work. Oh, well, I guess I'll get it in a few extra days.

NYU_UGrad, did you just call the main admissions office when you updated your address? I'm getting this package forwarded but I should change my address for future mailings.
Ah, oops. Still, I wouldn't worry yet. I doubt they prioritized the first mailing in any particular way, plus there are different mailing speeds. Give it some more time before you contact them. I don't think it has anything crucial in it, anyways.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:31 pm

midwest17 wrote:This seems premature. I think today's the first day anyone's reported getting them, regardless of admit date, and the postal service doesn't work in perfect synchronicity. This is especially true if you're somewhere that's being affected by weather right now.

Just gonna +1 the wait a week part of this. Especially with all the weather and the packages just now starting to roll in.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal

New

Post by NYU_Ugrad_Paralegal » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm

NYU_UGrad, did you just call the main admissions office when you updated your address? I'm getting this package forwarded but I should change my address for future mailings.[/quote]

I both called into the main office and updated my address on the admitted students website.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Just got my package from NYU! Got admitted second week of December. Mailed to my apartment in Queens, so they probably sent it out late last week.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Just got mine. Admitted 12/3. It fit in my apartment-style mailbox.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:02 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Just got mine. Admitted 12/3. It fit in my apartment-style mailbox.
I am jealous of your apartment not having tiny little tin-cans for mailboxes. 50% of all my mail ends up mashed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”