NYU Class of 2017 - Basically graduated Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

Platinum

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - Old Photos in OP!

Post by 03152016 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:34 am

i found this wiki
written by/for columbia UG students
here's their entry on nyu
i thought it was pretty funny
http://www.wikicu.com/New_York_University

tenniscourt

Bronze

Post by tenniscourt » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:44 am

Brut wrote:i found this wiki
written by/for columbia UG students
here's their entry on nyu
i thought it was pretty funny
http://www.wikicu.com/New_York_University

I laughed at "higher education" being in quotes. And the "less evil" comment regarding the law school

radikal_eyes

New

Post by radikal_eyes » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Are each of the rooms in the Mercer doubles and triples numbered?

Just wondering how we know which one of the rooms is ours...do we just call "dibs"?

MarshallE

New

Post by MarshallE » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:27 pm

radikal_eyes wrote:Are each of the rooms in the Mercer doubles and triples numbered?

Just wondering how we know which one of the rooms is ours...do we just call "dibs"?
Don't currently have access to the housing website but if I'm not mistaken room ID's had either the letter A,B,or C attached... I would assume that designates the particular room inside of the apartment that we're assigned to.

BuddyHoller

Bronze

Post by BuddyHoller » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Got my Student Health mailing today. August 1 deadlines.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

checkers

Bronze

Post by checkers » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:16 pm

BuddyHoller wrote:Got my Student Health mailing today. August 1 deadlines.
Same here. Pulled it out of the mailbox right as I was putting in my doctor-signed MMR form >.>

I just combined the form I already had signed with the scantron forms they mailed me. Hopefully that'll be alright. I say it's their fault for telling us it would be sent out months ago, then giving us less than a month to get it done once they finally do mail the forms.

ryry24296

New

Post by ryry24296 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Hey does anyone know when the next round of NYU housing is released? Also, if anyone is looking for off campus housing still please pm me bc i am too

lawschoolco2017

New

Post by lawschoolco2017 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 pm

ryry24296 wrote:Hey does anyone know when the next round of NYU housing is released?
Wondering that too.

Thanks

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:50 am

I am still looking for off campus housing. But it's kind of hard...unless you plan on coming up to NYC to search with me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:37 pm

These look pretty dope in bushwick, about 20 mins to union sq on the L, pretty artsy, young neighborhood.

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

jimmorrisonlvr

New

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Has anyone gotten their early move-in application approved?

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:21 pm

jimmorrisonlvr wrote:Has anyone gotten their early move-in application approved?
Not yet, and I applied the first (and second?) day. I think we should hear soon (maybe this week?) based on this:
We will begin processing early arrival housing requests the week of July 8 and weekly thereafter. Confirmation will be sent via email to the applicants NYU email address.

Synch

Bronze

Post by Synch » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 am

Anyone having issues with the loan application process? The MPN and entrance counseling went through, but Albert keeps notifying me that I haven't sent in my FAFSA (which I did in January). Anyone else got this? I'd call NYU Fin Aid, but they do always seem to be "in a meeting"

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Chekhov'sGun

Bronze

Post by Chekhov'sGun » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:06 am

Synch wrote:Anyone having issues with the loan application process? The MPN and entrance counseling went through, but Albert keeps notifying me that I haven't sent in my FAFSA (which I did in January). Anyone else got this? I'd call NYU Fin Aid, but they do always seem to be "in a meeting"
I'd just shoot them an email about it, they seem pretty responsive through that.

tenniscourt

Bronze

Post by tenniscourt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

Synch wrote:Anyone having issues with the loan application process? The MPN and entrance counseling went through, but Albert keeps notifying me that I haven't sent in my FAFSA (which I did in January). Anyone else got this? I'd call NYU Fin Aid, but they do always seem to be "in a meeting"
It just takes time to process. It has my FAFSA on the to-do list but my loan amounts come up so I think it's normal for everyone to still have it there. And I sent in the MPN and it's still on the to-do list as well. I'd give it a couple days and then call.

orangec90

Bronze

Post by orangec90 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Under "Requirements List" on the status check, is "Final Transcript Rcvd by LSAC" only applicable to those still in school? I've been out a few years so I didn't think I needed to do anything with my transcript other than have my undergrad mail it directly to NYU. I don't need to do anything else with LSAC, right?

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 pm

orangec90 wrote:Under "Requirements List" on the status check, is "Final Transcript Rcvd by LSAC" only applicable to those still in school? I've been out a few years so I didn't think I needed to do anything with my transcript other than have my undergrad mail it directly to NYU. I don't need to do anything else with LSAC, right?
Also out of school a few years. I think my "Final Transcript Rcvd by LSAC" has been checked off since applying. Recently they checked off "Official Undergraduate Transcript Received."

If your LSAC one isn't checked off, I'd just send them an e-mail to see what's up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tenniscourt

Bronze

Post by tenniscourt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:23 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
orangec90 wrote:Under "Requirements List" on the status check, is "Final Transcript Rcvd by LSAC" only applicable to those still in school? I've been out a few years so I didn't think I needed to do anything with my transcript other than have my undergrad mail it directly to NYU. I don't need to do anything else with LSAC, right?
Also out of school a few years. I think my "Final Transcript Rcvd by LSAC" has been checked off since applying. Recently they checked off "Official Undergraduate Transcript Received."

If your LSAC one isn't checked off, I'd just send them an e-mail to see what's up.
I just graduated this spring and had my undergrad send LSAC my updated transcript & it's still not checked off. Has this happened to anyone else who are fresh out of school?

orangec90

Bronze

Post by orangec90 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:58 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:

Interesting. Thanks!

jimmorrisonlvr

New

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:49 pm

I called housing today and asked if there is an estimate of when early arrival decisions will be sent out. They told me they have no estimate or timeline.

I probably shouldn't have bothered them, but I just really want to book my flight. :cry:

tenniscourt

Bronze

Post by tenniscourt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 pm

jimmorrisonlvr wrote:I called housing today and asked if there is an estimate of when early arrival decisions will be sent out. They told me they have no estimate or timeline.

I probably shouldn't have bothered them, but I just really want to book my flight. :cry:
Same here. Glad you called/shared what they said though

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alinor

New

Post by alinor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Just got an email saying that my early arrival application was approved. :D

tenniscourt

Bronze

Post by tenniscourt » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Just got approved for early arrival

jimmorrisonlvr

New

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Me too!!!

*cheesy dance*

jimmorrisonlvr

New

Post by jimmorrisonlvr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:14 pm

If anyone in Mercer is bringing in a full or queen size bed, I will totally store your xl twin university bed for you. Just putting it out there. :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”