NYU Class of 2017 - Basically graduated Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
rseaney

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2017 - New Photos in OP!

Post by rseaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:22 pm

love4life29 wrote:Have any RTK and/or Furman Public Policy apps not heard anything either way still?
i got the rtk interview offer a week and a half ago. I dont think there is a second wave coming because they're interviewing in less than two weeks, and when i mentioned that the date was bad for me they didnt say i could schedule for a different day

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 pm

rseaney wrote:
love4life29 wrote:Have any RTK and/or Furman Public Policy apps not heard anything either way still?
i got the rtk interview offer a week and a half ago. I dont think there is a second wave coming because they're interviewing in less than two weeks, and when i mentioned that the date was bad for me they didnt say i could schedule for a different day
I think people mean there may be a second wave of interview invites, not interviews. Several of us ITT still haven't heard either way on RTK.

rseaney

Bronze

Post by rseaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:26 pm

does anyone know how to go about trying to leverage nyu $ against columbia? I'm just wondering if I should contact their admissions office generally, or someone in particular.

rseaney

Bronze

Post by rseaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm

koalacity wrote:
rseaney wrote:
I think people mean there may be a second wave of interview invites, not interviews. Several of us ITT still haven't heard either way on RTK.
but interview invites are necessarily succeeded by interviews, no?

rseaney

Bronze

Post by rseaney » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:28 pm

im just salty cuz i had planned to go to Zion Natl Park with some buddies that weekend haha^ wish i could have rescheduled

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:46 pm

rseaney wrote:
koalacity wrote:
rseaney wrote:
but interview invites are necessarily succeeded by interviews, no?
I meant a second round of invites for the interviews on March 29. I suspect that some of us are basically on a "waitlist" for the interviews and they're waiting to see how many people who've already been invited accept the invite before they make final decisions on the rest of us.

I could be wrong, though I don't see why we wouldn't have received the rejection email if they're not planning to make any other invites.

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:54 pm

I just want to make sure that my financial aid isn't being delayed because I accidentally initiated a corrected FAFSA last week.

Did anyone else submit +/- two days of Feb 22/23 and not hear back yet?

mylifeis24

Bronze

Post by mylifeis24 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

At ASW, the director of the finaid office said that all decisions are made between 7-10 days after receiving the paperwork, with the exception of those under consideration for named scholarships. If you are not accepted or invited to interview for a named scholarship, the 7-10 days starts after that decision/notification has been made. Can't say for sure how true any of this actually is, though, since I was declined an interview for RTK, the only named scholarship I applied for, on 3/5, and haven't heard anything yet. Been under final review since 1/27....

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 pm

mylifeis24 wrote:At ASW, the director of the finaid office said that all decisions are made between 7-10 days after receiving the paperwork, with the exception of those under consideration for named scholarships. If you are not accepted or invited to interview for a named scholarship, the 7-10 days starts after that decision/notification has been made. Can't say for sure how true any of this actually is, though, since I was declined an interview for RTK, the only named scholarship I applied for, on 3/5, and haven't heard anything yet. Been under final review since 1/27....
Thanks!

I was turned down on 3/4 for the Jacobson so that may have reset the clock.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gingerspice

New

Post by gingerspice » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 am

FWIW, I just got an email saying I have been given a Vanderbilt scholarship... though it looks like they sent a letter last week that I haven't gotten yet. I applied for IILJ and was turned down... It was about a 2-week gap between that notification and notification of the Vandy.

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:00 am

gingerspice wrote:FWIW, I just got an email saying I have been given a Vanderbilt scholarship... though it looks like they sent a letter last week that I haven't gotten yet. I applied for IILJ and was turned down... It was about a 2-week gap between that notification and notification of the Vandy.
oh man, congratulations!
i want that e-mail so badly :-/ (lol)

Gold

Post by 04102014 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:08 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
gingerspice wrote:FWIW, I just got an email saying I have been given a Vanderbilt scholarship... though it looks like they sent a letter last week that I haven't gotten yet. I applied for IILJ and was turned down... It was about a 2-week gap between that notification and notification of the Vandy.
oh man, congratulations!
i want that e-mail so badly :-/ (lol)
I want you so badly.

midwest17

Gold

Post by midwest17 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

This also happened to me, except I was turned down for the RTK. I haven't checked my mail yet today, but I didn't have a physical letter as of yesterday. (The PDF letter they attached is dated 3/12).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

midwest17 wrote:
This also happened to me, except I was turned down for the RTK. I haven't checked my mail yet today, but I didn't have a physical letter as of yesterday. (The PDF letter they attached is dated 3/12).
grats grats grats grats grats ilu grats
--ImageRemoved--

OMAR_COMIN_YO

Bronze

Post by OMAR_COMIN_YO » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 pm

yup.

Gucci Mane

Bronze

Post by Gucci Mane » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Can we apply for need-based aid if our 2013 taxes aren't in yet? I still haven't gotten a w2 so I won't be able to do it for a while.

mylifeis24

Bronze

Post by mylifeis24 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Gucci Mane wrote:Can we apply for need-based aid if our 2013 taxes aren't in yet? I still haven't gotten a w2 so I won't be able to do it for a while.
You can estimate based on last year's return and then correct the information when you receive your W2 and actually file.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

does NYU send your award letter in the mail for financial aid? I ask because berkeley wants a signed letter (for matching scholarships) and the one on the status checker website isn't signed.

Gucci Mane

Bronze

Post by Gucci Mane » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:02 pm

mylifeis24 wrote:
Gucci Mane wrote:Can we apply for need-based aid if our 2013 taxes aren't in yet? I still haven't gotten a w2 so I won't be able to do it for a while.
You can estimate based on last year's return and then correct the information when you receive your W2 and actually file.
thanks

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:does NYU send your award letter in the mail for financial aid? I ask because berkeley wants a signed letter (for matching scholarships) and the one on the status checker website isn't signed.
Not that I'm aware of. I can't imagine Berkeley wouldn't take a PDF of what you received from NYU if you explain how their system works. I'm sure they're aware of that.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:58 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:does NYU send your award letter in the mail for financial aid? I ask because berkeley wants a signed letter (for matching scholarships) and the one on the status checker website isn't signed.
Not that I'm aware of. I can't imagine Berkeley wouldn't take a PDF of what you received from NYU if you explain how their system works. I'm sure they're aware of that.
Unless they are aware of it, and plan these loop-holes precisely. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fivestarfolds

Silver

Post by fivestarfolds » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Waiting for the email that decides what you'll pay on a scale of $0-$200k is almost as intense as waiting for an acceptance.

On another note, I'm assuming a large scholly from Duke won't do much for me in terms of an NYU scholarship negotiation?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:05 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Waiting for the email that decides what you'll pay on a scale of $0-$200k is almost as intense as waiting for an acceptance.

On another note, I'm assuming a large scholly from Duke won't do much for me in terms of an NYU scholarship negotiation?
I wouldn't say that. I think a significant scholarship from a mid T-14 would certainly be helpful.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 pm

fivestarfolds wrote:Waiting for the email that decides what you'll pay on a scale of $0-$200k is almost as intense as waiting for an acceptance.

They certainly won't match it, but I'm sure that bringing it up can't hurt. Especially given the COL for Durham vs. NYC.

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:

They certainly won't match it, but I'm sure that bringing it up can't hurt. Especially given the COL for Durham vs. NYC.
This so true and a huge point to make. Duke has a nearly $50k advantage (this includes accrued interest) over NYU before scholarships ever even come into play. I love NYU, but man does Duke have some low COL (and tuition, btw).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”