Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
mino
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby mino » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:17 pm

malleus discentium wrote:No idea. I just know someone who got the acceptance email.


I've heard of people getting an acceptance email and a waitlist email. Haven't heard of any rejections yet.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Now this next week ushers in that pesky wait for HLR phone calls. I wish the notifications happened all at once. Then we could get it over with and move on with our lives.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:45 pm

The-Specs wrote:Now this next week ushers in that pesky wait for HLR phone calls. I wish the notifications happened all at once. Then we could get it over with and move on with our lives.


Those of us who didn't do the competition don't have such woes. :P

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:34 pm

PSA: HLR calls are going out. No, this is not a humblebrag.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

lawschool22 wrote:PSA: HLR calls are going out. No, this is not a humblebrag.


Thanks for the announcement. LS22, for what it is worth, I was hoping it was a humblebrag. I am rooting for you.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:58 pm

When do rejection emails come?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:02 pm

FYI you won't find this discussion on record for the class of 2016 because it took place on the HLS Dope forum which isn't public anymore.

I'm reading the thread now though. Calls went out Monday and Tuesday. Accepted students were asked to accept by the next day. Rejections went out Wednesday.

If anyone with more knowledge of this year wants to chime in anonymously, PM or email me.

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby esther0123 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:11 pm

TripTrip wrote:FYI you won't find this discussion on record for the class of 2016 because it took place on the HLS Dope forum which isn't public anymore.

I'm reading the thread now though. Calls went out Monday and Tuesday. Accepted students were asked to accept by the next day. Rejections went out Wednesday.

If anyone with more knowledge of this year wants to chime in anonymously, PM or email me.


Thanks!
ETA: do we know by what time all the calls/rejections have gone out? neurotic, I realize :oops:

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:14 pm

TripTrip wrote:FYI you won't find this discussion on record for the class of 2016 because it took place on the HLS Dope forum which isn't public anymore.

I'm reading the thread now though. Calls went out Monday and Tuesday. Accepted students were asked to accept by the next day. Rejections went out Wednesday.

If anyone with more knowledge of this year wants to chime in anonymously, PM or email me.


I know that there must be some who turn down an HLR offer but after doing the competition, I just can't imagine anyone doing it.

lawlorbust
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawlorbust » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Anyone know when calls are coming out today / are there going to be a substantial number of calls?

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 pm

lawlorbust wrote:Anyone know when calls are coming out today / are there going to be a substantial number of calls?


If last year is any indication it would be a substantial number. I've been rather surprised by the lack of people I've heard getting calls this year. I guess people are being more silent about it (no egregious fb statuses of "OMG hard work pays off yayyyy!!!") or just not that many calls have come out...?

lawlorbust
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawlorbust » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 pm

wtrc wrote:
lawlorbust wrote:Anyone know when calls are coming out today / are there going to be a substantial number of calls?


If last year is any indication it would be a substantial number. I've been rather surprised by the lack of people I've heard getting calls this year. I guess people are being more silent about it (no egregious fb statuses of "OMG hard work pays off yayyyy!!!") or just not that many calls have come out...?


Nice. Here's to hoping. And any indication on whether gradeon/write-on are processed in a particular order?

TravelLog
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TravelLog » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:19 pm

The people who I heard got calls yesterday had (as far as I know) the highest grades for my section. That would imply people who graded on are processed first. Take it with a grain of salt though, since this is just anecdotal.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:20 pm

lawlorbust wrote:
wtrc wrote:
lawlorbust wrote:Anyone know when calls are coming out today / are there going to be a substantial number of calls?


If last year is any indication it would be a substantial number. I've been rather surprised by the lack of people I've heard getting calls this year. I guess people are being more silent about it (no egregious fb statuses of "OMG hard work pays off yayyyy!!!") or just not that many calls have come out...?


Nice. Here's to hoping. And any indication on whether gradeon/write-on are processed in a particular order?


HLR claims there's no way to ever tell, even if you get on, so I doubt it.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:22 pm

edit: my information was outdated.
Last edited by malleus discentium on Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Inboston
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Inboston » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:24 pm

I know of more than 2 individuals from my section who got it yesterday. It may be that calls on Tuesday are only based on spots that have been turned down?

ddoodle
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby ddoodle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Inboston wrote:I know of more than 2 individuals from my section who got it yesterday. It may be that calls on Tuesday are only based on spots that have been turned down?


Calls are staggered and are done in a random order.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:22 pm

ddoodle wrote:
Inboston wrote:I know of more than 2 individuals from my section who got it yesterday. It may be that calls on Tuesday are only based on spots that have been turned down?


Calls are staggered and are done in a random order.


As one who seems to have special information, do you know if they are done yet?

lawlorbust
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawlorbust » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Crickets?

Annihilist
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Annihilist » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Here's to hoping the HLR acceptances lead to a deluge of BSA declined offers. *crosses fingers*

I wonder what BSA's turnaround on their waitlist is?

User avatar
a.sleepyhead
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby a.sleepyhead » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Annihilist wrote:Here's to hoping the HLR acceptances lead to a deluge of BSA declined offers. *crosses fingers*

I wonder what BSA's turnaround on their waitlist is?


There aren't multiple rounds of BSA, right? Aka if we haven't heard back we should expect bad news?

User avatar
mino
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby mino » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:52 am

a.sleepyhead wrote:
Annihilist wrote:Here's to hoping the HLR acceptances lead to a deluge of BSA declined offers. *crosses fingers*

I wonder what BSA's turnaround on their waitlist is?


There aren't multiple rounds of BSA, right? Aka if we haven't heard back we should expect bad news?


Offers and emails asking people to be on a waitlist went out on the same day. The waitlisted people were asked to indicate interest in staying on the waitlist by July 24. So I'd assume that if there is any movement for waitlisted people (and others, if they get through the entire waitlist), it'll be next week. The process is supposed to be finalized by July 31st.

User avatar
Jatt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Jatt » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Re: BSA--I was waitlisted on 07/13 and received an offer to join BSA off of the waitlist on 07/28. Hope this information helps some of you figure out your chances, though I probably should have posted earlier this week when I got the offer.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest