Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:07 am

Knock off anything that involves trying to out someone or figure out who they are. This board is not to be used to figure out or allude to people's real identities (without their permission). Continuing in this direction will merit a ban.

If anyone has a specific problem with another poster based on their behavior on this site, contact a mod directly.

Indigo12
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:49 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Indigo12 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:11 am

I have and want nothing to do with Fred and have no interest in outing him. I don't know who he is IRL and don't care. I don't have any info or "dirt" on him from IRL because I don't know who he is IRL. I haven't posted anything about him that wasn't from one of his public posts under both his current account and his "pre-password loss" account.

What if both accounts are Fred?

1. I don't have much of a posting history because most of my posts are anon in the Legal Employment forum.
2. Moderator A.Nony.Mouse has read my posts and I've addressed my concerns to him or her. As a Mod, he or she would have banned me immediately if I were Fred's alt.

The only goal I have is to have none of my IRL peers mistakenly equate me with Online Fred and cross-impute Fred's traits to IRL me. That's it. I don't want people to see me IRL and think "that's Fred online, he doesn't show it but he's [adjectives X, Y, and Z]."

The reason people will think that is not because he claims to be in Section 3 or to have a grade breakdown of whatever he had. Rather, it's because he asked this one question:
fred013 wrote:
Thanks. do you have any more color on the appeals process? will I have an opportunity to present my case? I don't think I am getting the grade I deserve in my J-term class.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141188&p=8332170#p8332170

As you all know, it takes an unusual mishap to be in danger of not passing PSW. Out of 550, there can't be more than 5-10 a year. But IRL me is rumored to be in that group of 5-10/year to be in an uncertain and unusual PSW situation. So when people read Fred's public posts and see 1. Section 3; and 2. PSW mishap, the first name to pop into their heads is IRL me, which risks incorrectly linking IRL me to online Fred.

In fact, a PM I received shortly after I posted the above named my first initial, which confirmed my fear that people will mistakenly think IRL me has this online Fred persona.

Well, to set the record straight, IRL me grew up in NYC, as CivPro Prof W.Rubes mentioned when he called on me to discuss Parklane Hosiery v. Shore. Only IRL me would remember which specific case I got cold called on.

In contrast, Fred has publicly admitted
fred013 wrote:
Get a life dude, yes I'm from Chicago what the hell is your problem? Please stop outing me.


http://imgur.com/VmsQimS, viewtopic.php?f=38&t=220470&p=8344924#p8344924

That should settle that IRL me is NOT online Fred.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Indigo12 wrote:I have and want nothing to do with Fred and have no interest in outing him. I don't know who he is IRL and don't care. I don't have any info or "dirt" on him from IRL because I don't know who he is IRL. I haven't posted anything about him that wasn't from one of his public posts under both his current account and his "pre-password loss" account.

What if both accounts are Fred?

1. I don't have much of a posting history because most of my posts are anon in the Legal Employment forum.
2. Moderator A.Nony.Mouse has read my posts and I've addressed my concerns to him or her. As a Mod, he or she would have banned me immediately if I were Fred's alt.

The only goal I have is to have none of my IRL peers mistakenly equate me with Online Fred and cross-impute Fred's traits to IRL me. That's it. I don't want people to see me IRL and think "that's Fred online, he doesn't show it but he's [adjectives X, Y, and Z]."

The reason people will think that is not because he claims to be in Section 3 or to have a grade breakdown of whatever he had. Rather, it's because he asked this one question:
fred013 wrote:
Thanks. do you have any more color on the appeals process? will I have an opportunity to present my case? I don't think I am getting the grade I deserve in my J-term class.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=141188&p=8332170#p8332170

As you all know, it takes an unusual mishap to be in danger of not passing PSW. Out of 550, there can't be more than 5-10 a year. But IRL me is rumored to be in that group of 5-10/year to be in an uncertain and unusual PSW situation. So when people read Fred's public posts and see 1. Section 3; and 2. PSW mishap, the first name to pop into their heads is IRL me, which risks incorrectly linking IRL me to online Fred.

In fact, a PM I received shortly after I posted the above named my first initial, which confirmed my fear that people will mistakenly think IRL me has this online Fred persona.

Well, to set the record straight, IRL me grew up in NYC, as CivPro Prof W.Rubes mentioned when he called on me to discuss Parklane Hosiery v. Shore. Only IRL me would remember which specific case I got cold called on.

In contrast, Fred has publicly admitted
fred013 wrote:
Get a life dude, yes I'm from Chicago what the hell is your problem? Please stop outing me.


http://imgur.com/VmsQimS, viewtopic.php?f=38&t=220470&p=8344924#p8344924

That should settle that IRL me is NOT online Fred.


Sure, Fred, what ever you say.








JK, I have no idea what's going on.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:54 pm

Idk what's going on either, but this weird intense paranoia that people are actively trying to out each other in person based on TLS names is just silly.... Nobody cares...

fred013
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby fred013 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:21 pm

i have been asked to say i am not HD, whatever that means. i guess I'm standard definition?

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wealtheow » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm

:evil:

Indigo12
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:49 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Indigo12 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:59 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Sure, Fred, what ever you say.

Mods have read some of the exchanges and if I were just an alt of Fred's, I would've been banned immediately. And yet I'm still here addressing the possibility that I might be confused with Fred.

fred013 wrote:i have been asked to say i am not HD, whatever that means. i guess I'm standard definition?


I doubt anyone asked you to say it, but the fact that you now say someone told you to say that when no one did demonstrates that you've always been aware of what people will think when they see your posts.

But suppose someone did in fact tell you to say that. Would you say "whatever that means" if you were in fact HD (however you understand "HD")? If you were in fact HD you wouldn't have said "whatever that means" because you would've understood perfectly well.

With that said, good luck getting to DC (which I have no interest in) with 1H.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22812
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

STOP. You've all been warned already. Anyone who further comments on the fred/indigo/whoever saga will be banned, regardless of what that comment is. If you have concerns or questions about that, do NOT raise them in this thread - contact me directly.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Amazing that we have class in this blizzard

User avatar
mino
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby mino » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm

wtrc wrote:Amazing that we have class in this blizzard


There are literally mountains of snow outside. Also saw someone skiing up Mass. Ave. Why classes aren't cancelled is beyond me.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2737
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:58 pm

TBF, I could count the number of students I know who drive to class on one hand.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

wtrc wrote:Amazing that we have class in this blizzard


I think its mainly because the MBTA didn't reduce service, but thats just a guess.

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:50 pm

I heard if there's one more snowday they're just gonna cancel the semester

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Makeups are gonna suck

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:45 am

Pneumonia wrote:Makeups are gonna suck

Super looking forward to what is shaping up to be a six-hour block of property

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:29 am

malleus discentium wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:Makeups are gonna suck

Super looking forward to what is shaping up to be a six-hour block of property


i ain't even mad though because netflix

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:Makeups are gonna suck

Super looking forward to what is shaping up to be a six-hour block of property


Just kill me now.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:42 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:Makeups are gonna suck

Super looking forward to what is shaping up to be a six-hour block of property


Just kill me now.


I did this for two classes last semester, it honestly was not as bad as I was expecting. I think because its just so much that your brain shuts off and you enter a semi-dead state for the entire time, even when called on.

fred013
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby fred013 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:01 pm

got a P in LRW and really afraid of the consequences of another one this semester.

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:14 pm

fred013 wrote:got a P in LRW and really afraid of the consequences of another one this semester.


you're never gonna get a job HTH

fred013
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby fred013 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:27 pm

yomisterd wrote:
fred013 wrote:got a P in LRW and really afraid of the consequences of another one this semester.


you're never gonna get a job HTH


talking about clerkships. I've heard one H is all but mandatory for appellate/district in major markets.

msneroesq
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby msneroesq » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:23 pm

.......
Last edited by msneroesq on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:30 pm

msneroesq wrote:1L from NYU here looking for a huge favor. My torts prof (geistfeld) visited at Harvard in the fall. If anybody has any exams or outlines for geistfeld or can access them, I would deeply appreciate your pming me. I would be happy to reciprocate with anything accessible for NYU profs. Sorry to bug you all with this... thank you thank you thank you


I'll check

User avatar
mino
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby mino » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:02 pm

Seeing all of the 0Ls here for ASW is causing so much nostalgia.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2197
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:38 pm

mino wrote:Seeing all of the 0Ls here for ASW is causing so much nostalgia.


It's so messed up that 1L is 75% over already. Pretty soon we're going to have things like free time and lucrative career opportunities. I don't know if I'm ready for that.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest