Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

First class was really solid. Now to figure out a workable routine for the weird 4 hour break between classes.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:07 pm

Yeah, I'm going to need to test out a few routines to get in the groove of things. Right now I'm just sort of flubbering around.

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Optimist Prime » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Yeah, I'm going to need to test out a few routines to get in the groove of things. Right now I'm just sort of flubbering around.


Haha, flubbering describes it perfectly. And no, I'm not in section 3, just recognized Lessigs name when trying to fix my mac and was :shock:

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Also I am apparently too dumb to figure out the wireless print driver, I install it, click the printer, then absolutely nothing happens.

Looks like I will have lasted 1 day without ITS :lol:

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Also I am apparently too dumb to figure out the wireless print driver, I install it, click the printer, then absolutely nothing happens.

Looks like I will have lasted 1 day without ITS :lol:


Try to print something and if it worked, magically all of the HLS printers will be available to you.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:07 pm

codyoneill wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Also I am apparently too dumb to figure out the wireless print driver, I install it, click the printer, then absolutely nothing happens.

Looks like I will have lasted 1 day without ITS :lol:


Try to print something and if it worked, magically all of the HLS printers will be available to you.


Oh I can see them all, and even hit the print button on each of them and it sends, but the box tthat normally pops up for your login credentials just has a button that says "Stop Print Service" and stays there forever.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Where is the printing software download?

Also today was fun! :D

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 pm

You can find the printer software here:

http://www.law.harvard.edu/about/administration/its/resources/software.html

Just click on either Windows or Mac then the download links and instructions are on the following page.

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby az21833 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

which convenient printers are network laptop friendly

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:39 am

So... did we all survive? :D

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:08 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So... did we all survive? :D


Technically, I guess. I'm more worried about tomorrow though, what with all the reading I haven't done.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:20 am

HorseThief wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So... did we all survive? :D


Technically, I guess. I'm more worried about tomorrow though, what with all the reading I haven't done.


Yeah, today and tomorrow have the potential to be much worse, in part because of schedule in part because of my laziness.

Fred012
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fred012 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:13 pm

time for KAGAN

User avatar
OMAR_COMIN_YO
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby OMAR_COMIN_YO » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Kagan

Cool talk, a couple of those student questions at the end were a little cringe-worthy...

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:50 pm

OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:Re: Kagan

Cool talk, a couple of those student questions at the end were a little cringe-worthy...

A little? I'm still cringing.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:55 pm

Speaking of questions, does anyone have a general idea on when the free coffee disappears? I saw on the FB page that the library doesn't carry it until 9pm and so far the containers have been empty every time I've went by.

User avatar
mino
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby mino » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:02 pm

HorseThief wrote:
OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:Re: Kagan

Cool talk, a couple of those student questions at the end were a little cringe-worthy...

A little? I'm still cringing.


Haha people in the dorms are still talking about the particularly offensive one.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Speaking of questions, does anyone have a general idea on when the free coffee disappears? I saw on the FB page that the library doesn't carry it until 9pm and so far the containers have been empty every time I've went by.

I got some yesterday around 8:30, but had to tilt the carafe. 9:30 today they were bone dry

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Speaking of questions, does anyone have a general idea on when the free coffee disappears? I saw on the FB page that the library doesn't carry it until 9pm and so far the containers have been empty every time I've went by.

I got some yesterday around 8:30, but had to tilt the carafe. 9:30 today they were bone dry


Welp never getting coffee. :lol:

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 pm

mino wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:Re: Kagan

Cool talk, a couple of those student questions at the end were a little cringe-worthy...

A little? I'm still cringing.


Haha people in the dorms are still talking about the particularly offensive one.

Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 pm

HorseThief wrote:
mino wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:Re: Kagan

Cool talk, a couple of those student questions at the end were a little cringe-worthy...

A little? I'm still cringing.


Haha people in the dorms are still talking about the particularly offensive one.

Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?


I've actually been wondering about the justice guy, I was the second ASW so I never actually got to see him.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:40 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?


I've actually been wondering about the justice guy, I was the second ASW so I never actually got to see him.

Can confirm that justice guy is here but is not the guy who basically challenged a sitting justice to defend herself.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?


I've actually been wondering about the justice guy, I was the second ASW so I never actually got to see him.

Can confirm that justice guy is here but is not the guy who basically challenged a sitting justice to defend herself.


Slightly disappoint.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:00 pm

malleus discentium wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?


I've actually been wondering about the justice guy, I was the second ASW so I never actually got to see him.

Can confirm that justice guy is here but is not the guy who basically challenged a sitting justice to defend herself.


Can you speak a little about what makes you more qualified to make such a confirmation as opposed to anyone else in this thread? Image

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 pm

PotenC wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Was he by chance the 'justice' guy?


I've actually been wondering about the justice guy, I was the second ASW so I never actually got to see him.

Can confirm that justice guy is here but is not the guy who basically challenged a sitting justice to defend herself.


Can you speak a little about what makes you more qualified to make such a confirmation as opposed to anyone else in this thread? Image

[cringing intensifies]




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests