Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:04 am

TripTrip wrote:
HorseThief wrote:brb, starting GTM.

Don't read that until after the semester starts. It's not written to be read by a 0L; it's writted to be read in September/October. It will make way more sense after your first two weeks of law school.


Wait, I can procrastinate even more? Well, if you insist....

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:46 am

HorseThief wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
HorseThief wrote:brb, starting GTM.

Don't read that until after the semester starts. It's not written to be read by a 0L; it's writted to be read in September/October. It will make way more sense after your first two weeks of law school.


Wait, I can procrastinate even more? Well, if you insist....


Yeah, this makes my day. I thought I was already tragically behind because I hadn't read it yet. Woot.

... I should probably start my orientation reading at some point though. :?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 am

So section 6 put up a new orientation schedule. What do we do in an hour and 40 min section meetings?

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09 am

politics89 wrote:So section 6 put up a new orientation schedule. What do we do in an hour and 40 min section meetings?


"We're gonna go around the room; say your name, where you're from, and one unique fact about you!"

lawbeahs
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawbeahs » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 am

Hey, fellow Section 2 people, am I right in thinking that the only class that has a syllabus/assignment up is Criminal?

Thanks!

User avatar
tparks
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby tparks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 am

Greetings everyone from 4th floor Story Hall! I got housing after all, which is amazing. Hope everyone has a good move in day!

edit lawbeahs I'm section 2 as well, where does one look for syllabi?

lawbeahs
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawbeahs » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 am

Hey parks, you can go on MyHLS, click on the "all HLS course sites" in the "my courses" section, then search the courses you have. Criminal is the only one I could see with a syllabus and week 1 assignment. Let me know if you find others!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:... I should probably start my orientation reading at some point though. :?


I keep forgetting that exists.

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:... I should probably start my orientation reading at some point though. :?


I keep forgetting that exists.


Image

Oh man, orientation is one day away! I gots to get on that reading, too.

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby bbkk » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
HorseThief wrote:brb, starting GTM.

Don't read that until after the semester starts. It's not written to be read by a 0L; it's writted to be read in September/October. It will make way more sense after your first two weeks of law school.


Wait, I can procrastinate even more? Well, if you insist....


Yeah, this makes my day. I thought I was already tragically behind because I hadn't read it yet. Woot.


+1. :lol: :lol:

codyoneill wrote:Oh man, orientation is one day away! I gots to get on that reading, too.


ugh I'll do it tonight...or tomorrow morning..

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:24 pm

bbkk wrote:
codyoneill wrote:Oh man, orientation is one day away! I gots to get on that reading, too.


ugh I'll do it tonight...or tomorrow morning..


Yeah tomorrow morning is looking more and more likely :lol:

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Laptop at orientation tomorrow...................... Gunner? Or understanding that I can't print the assignment out to bring with me for reference just in case... Anyone else?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:21 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:Laptop at orientation tomorrow...................... Gunner? Or understanding that I can't print the assignment out to bring with me for reference just in case... Anyone else?


I doubt I'll have anything, but my section can't have laptops anyways.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
sjgonzalez3 wrote:Laptop at orientation tomorrow...................... Gunner? Or understanding that I can't print the assignment out to bring with me for reference just in case... Anyone else?


I doubt I'll have anything, but my section can't have laptops anyways.


Yeah, I guess they probably won't be too serious about the reading. It's not like I want to do a crazy brief or anything, I'd just love to have the article in front of me to look at.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2246
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:36 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
sjgonzalez3 wrote:Laptop at orientation tomorrow...................... Gunner? Or understanding that I can't print the assignment out to bring with me for reference just in case... Anyone else?


I doubt I'll have anything, but my section can't have laptops anyways.


Yeah, I guess they probably won't be too serious about the reading. It's not like I want to do a crazy brief or anything, I'd just love to have the article in front of me to look at.


I'm the same way, I might just do a quick ink-saving draft print of it to mash in my pocket in the morning.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:44 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:I'm the same way, I might just do a quick ink-saving draft print of it to mash in my pocket in the morning.


9:00am Staples run for me then--YAY! (Hope they have a copy center)

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 am

Wait, will laptop really equal gunner? Because god knows I did not print out the reading and don't plan to..

jojobean7
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jojobean7 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 am

Same. Actually, thinking about making a Fedex Office run - the one near Harvard Square is open 24 hours.

Glad I'm not the only one who procrastinated on this!

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:I'm the same way, I might just do a quick ink-saving draft print of it to mash in my pocket in the morning.


9:00am Staples run for me then--YAY! (Hope they have a copy center)

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:34 am

It begins.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 am

Yeah I for sure didn't print anything out

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 am

wtrc wrote:It begins.


:shock:

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:20 am

wtrc wrote:It begins.


Shout out to my boy wtrc I see you with those toiletries man.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:14 am

Buying books from students: http://hlsdope.org/books

I think it still asks for you to login to access that page, but if you haven't bought your books yet there's the on-campus cheap option.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:59 pm

TripTrip wrote:Buying books from students: http://hlsdope.org/books

I think it still asks for you to login to access that page, but if you haven't bought your books yet there's the on-campus cheap option.


Clutch, as always; thanks for this.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Glad it's helpful. There are a TON of 1L books listed, so if you haven't bought them yet it's a great option.
Last edited by TripTrip on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest