Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 am

wtrc wrote:Summer travels over, so excited to move up to Boston in a week!

(Also, for the ID photo: I had a shitty photo I used for a passport visa and I figured it would suffice for the ID. Didn't realize that photo was so important. Eeep.)


How are you all using old hard-copy passport photos, and converting them into jpg images that are workable and appropriately sized?

I feel like the only H(T)LS'er without advanced photoshop skills.

Tutorial please ;-P

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:17 am

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
wtrc wrote:Summer travels over, so excited to move up to Boston in a week!

(Also, for the ID photo: I had a shitty photo I used for a passport visa and I figured it would suffice for the ID. Didn't realize that photo was so important. Eeep.)


How are you all using old hard-copy passport photos, and converting them into jpg images that are workable and appropriately sized?

I feel like the only H(T)LS'er without advanced photoshop skills.

Tutorial please ;-P


Literally just scanned it in a scanner I found in Vietnam, saved the file, and uploaded it!

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

So, anyone want to start placing bets on when we get our section assignments?

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:So, anyone want to start placing bets on when we get our section assignments?


Hoping for today, planning on Monday. Would not bet.

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:40 am

UPDATE: SECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON MYHLS

Section 7 Represent!!!!

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
schnaupal
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby schnaupal » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:42 am

I'm Section 3!

We need a new poll - what section are you in?

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:42 am

yomisterd wrote:UPDATE: SECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE ON MYHLS

Section 7 Represent!!!!




Section 5!

I realize this thread is just going to be a cacophony of section shoutouts, but I'm so excited I don't care!

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:47 am

Section 6!

Are our schedules up anywhere or it just the #?

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

politics89 wrote:Section 6!

Are our schedules up anywhere or it just the #?


Numbers are all I see so far.

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

politics89 wrote:Section 6!

Are our schedules up anywhere or it just the #?


Just stumbled across this:

--LinkRemoved--

If you change the "X" to your section number (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) you get your orientation schedule and at least one professor's name. I want more info!

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:50 am

Aaaah, wtf is MYHLS and how do I login?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 am

Found it!

Section 1! :D

User avatar
Jatt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Jatt » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:54 am

http://myhls.law.harvard.edu/
You login with your HUID and PIN--what you used to see your term bill and such.
Last edited by Jatt on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:56 am

Hey there, section 3.

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am

Fact: Section 2 is best section.

New poll in just a sec.

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 am

HorseThief wrote:Fact: Section 2 is best section.

New poll in just a sec.


Anyone able to find out any more info?

Not really all that helpful just having a number and nothing else.

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

Also, I was really hoping to land a section with more of you. 'Tis a bittersweet day.

User avatar
yomisterd
Posts: 1556
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby yomisterd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

codyoneill wrote:
politics89 wrote:Section 6!

Are our schedules up anywhere or it just the #?


Just stumbled across this:

--LinkRemoved--

If you change the "X" to your section number (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) you get your orientation schedule and at least one professor's name. I want more info!


clutch find

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:05 am

codyoneill wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Fact: Section 2 is best section.

New poll in just a sec.


Anyone able to find out any more info?

Not really all that helpful just having a number and nothing else.


In you section site, you can click on the 'People' tab on the left menu bar to see who else is in your section.

And fyi, the people listed as 'teachers' on that page are admin, not our professors.

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

HorseThief wrote:
codyoneill wrote:
HorseThief wrote:Fact: Section 2 is best section.

New poll in just a sec.


Anyone able to find out any more info?

Not really all that helpful just having a number and nothing else.


In you section site, you can click on the 'People' tab on the left menu bar to see who else is in your section.

And fyi, the people listed as 'teachers' on that page are admin, not our professors.


Not all of them!

Richard Lazarus showed up as a teacher on mine (section five), but that's the only professor I've been able to glean beyond that .pdf I found.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:15 am

Sections 2, 3, and 5 have Criminal Law first semester. Lucky ducks.

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 am

Hmm, the dates are wrong on that pdf link.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 am

TripTrip wrote:Sections 2, 3, and 5 have Criminal Law first semester. Lucky ducks.


Do you know what any of the other sections take? Or is there anywhere to check? I'm dying to find out! X)

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Sections 2, 3, and 5 have Criminal Law first semester. Lucky ducks.


Do you know what any of the other sections take? Or is there anywhere to check? I'm dying to find out! X)


OK EVERYONE!

I think I found it...

http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/courses/myhls.php

All of the courses are labeled according to section.

For example:

1005-5-F is Torts for section 5
1005-4-F is Torts for section 4

Do with this information what you will...

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 am

ETA: Nvm.
Last edited by TheMostDangerousLG on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest