Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
8%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
10%
Section 5
26%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
18%

Total votes: 73

TheMostDangerousLG

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:32 pm

This photo is going to cause me way more anxiety than is rational. ("JFC, where am I supposed to find a non-textured white wall? Does eggshell paint count as textured? Do I need a flat backdrop? And oh god, what do I wear? Do I want to look like a young professional, or just casual? Hair up or down? Oh noes, I look fat in that photo. Is that a smudge in the upper right corner, or is the photo actually ruined?")

I wish we could just show up day one and have one crappy pic taken of us like the DMV. At least that way we'll all end up with equally awkward and poorly lit photos (and with zero effort expended).

HorseThief

Postby HorseThief » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm planning to photoshop/gimp away the background. I've done it before for passport photos and it's pretty easy. But the professional vs DMV-esque photo debate is real. I've grown fond of all those crappy photos.

Iuso

Postby Iuso » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:17 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Does anyone show their grants and/or loans as being awarded, or should everything be "anticipated" right now?

ETA: Nvm, pretty sure I'm good. http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/sfs/billing/credits.html

Does yours show all your loans as anticipated right now? I applied for my Stafford and GradPLUS loans around the same time and only the Stafford loan amount is being shown right now. :-/

Is this what it is for y'all or do I need to figure out if there is a problem with my loans being processed correctly?

HorseThief

Postby HorseThief » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 pm

Iuso wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Does anyone show their grants and/or loans as being awarded, or should everything be "anticipated" right now?

ETA: Nvm, pretty sure I'm good. http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/sfs/billing/credits.html

Does yours show all your loans as anticipated right now? I applied for my Stafford and GradPLUS loans around the same time and only the Stafford loan amount is being shown right now. :-/

Is this what it is for y'all or do I need to figure out if there is a problem with my loans being processed correctly?

My Stafford is 'accepted' and I have nothing for GradPLUS. I only applied for the GradPLUS today, though.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:04 am

HorseThief wrote:
Iuso wrote:

My Stafford is 'accepted' and I have nothing for GradPLUS. I only applied for the GradPLUS today, though.

Wait, accepted? Are you looking at the tuition bill, or just the SFS page? On the actual tuition bill I only see anticipated and awarded.. Regardless, I'm guessing it takes them a couple days to register that you've been approved for funding, so I wouldn't worry about GradPLUS not showing up yet.

HorseThief

Postby HorseThief » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
Iuso wrote:

Wait, accepted? Are you looking at the tuition bill, or just the SFS page? On the actual tuition bill I only see anticipated and awarded.. Regardless, I'm guessing it takes them a couple days to register that you've been approved for funding, so I wouldn't worry about GradPLUS not showing up yet.

Ah, sorry, 'accepted' on the SFS page. The tuition bill has 'anticipated' some loans, but it doesn't specify which ones (although the amount is correct for a Stafford).

Iuso

Postby Iuso » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Wait, accepted? Are you looking at the tuition bill, or just the SFS page? On the actual tuition bill I only see anticipated and awarded.. Regardless, I'm guessing it takes them a couple days to register that you've been approved for funding, so I wouldn't worry about GradPLUS not showing up yet.

On the term bill, my page says:

Code: Select all

ACCOUNT BALANCE     $32,639.00   

AWARDED - RECEIVED = ANTICIPATED

Loans (after fees)     $10,140.12     $0.00     $10,140.12   
TOTAL ANTICIPATED FINANCIAL AID             $10,140.12   

ACCOUNT BALANCE LESS ANTICIPATED CREDIT     $22,498.88   

AMOUNT DUE:     $22,498.88

Supposedly this is due August 1. I applied for Stafford on July 8 and GradPLUS on July 9. Stafford seems like it is clearly showing (the $10k), but has anyone's GradPLUS shown up/how long did it take? Basically, I am just wondering if this is normal or I need to be proactive about getting this fixed.

codyoneill

Postby codyoneill » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 am

Iuso wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Wait, accepted? Are you looking at the tuition bill, or just the SFS page? On the actual tuition bill I only see anticipated and awarded.. Regardless, I'm guessing it takes them a couple days to register that you've been approved for funding, so I wouldn't worry about GradPLUS not showing up yet.

On the term bill, my page says:

Code: Select all

ACCOUNT BALANCE     $32,639.00   

AWARDED - RECEIVED = ANTICIPATED

Loans (after fees)     $10,140.12     $0.00     $10,140.12   
TOTAL ANTICIPATED FINANCIAL AID             $10,140.12   

ACCOUNT BALANCE LESS ANTICIPATED CREDIT     $22,498.88   

AMOUNT DUE:     $22,498.88

Supposedly this is due August 1. I applied for Stafford on July 8 and GradPLUS on July 9. Stafford seems like it is clearly showing (the $10k), but has anyone's GradPLUS shown up/how long did it take? Basically, I am just wondering if this is normal or I need to be proactive about getting this fixed.

Just e-mail student financial services. They're very quick at responding. FWIW my loans showed up within a day.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:52 am

My GradPlus showed up and my amount due is $0. It was like this right when I got the bill. I applied for GradPLUS like a week before the suggested deadline.

Yeah, and contact SFS about this they know more than we do.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:35 am

Oh lord, another email address. More login information! I'm dying. :lol:

dirkgently

Postby dirkgently » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:32 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Oh lord, another email address. More login information! I'm dying. :lol:

Jesus Christ

MnM22

Postby MnM22 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Oh lord, another email address. More login information! I'm dying. :lol:

Haha! Things are getting even more official.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Fianna13 wrote:Well, I still need to get some medical stuff taken care of. And it seems like I can't register for classes until I get all that stuff done. But the law school health services are closed until 27th. So I'm just wondering whether or not if that's going to delay my registration

There's no such thing as registration for first semester. You get thrown in a section no matter what. If your paperwork is not 100%, you'll still be placed in a section at the same time as everyone else.

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I guess it wouldn't have been appropriate to email clients for a clinic from toosexy69@hotmail.com.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:23 pm

yomisterd wrote:

I guess it wouldn't have been appropriate to email clients for a clinic from toosexy69@hotmail.com.

Now how are they going to know how sexy you are? :(

dirkgently

Postby dirkgently » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:14 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
yomisterd wrote:

Now how are they going to know how sexy you are? :(

just make it your email signature

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:18 pm

yomisterd wrote:

You jest, but last week we emailed court documents to defense counsel for a Federal case... at a hotmail.com address.

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:36 am

TripTrip wrote:
yomisterd wrote:

You jest, but last week we emailed court documents to defense counsel for a Federal case... at a hotmail.com address.

I have no words.

Ajren Robben

Postby Ajren Robben » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:01 pm

I am looking to sublet a room in a two-bedroom apartment right across the street from the law school. It's super convenient and comfortable. If you are still looking for housing, message me for details.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:02 am

NYC kids! There's another drinks thing happening tonight, per the HLS FB page. It's at the Frying Pan (http://www.yelp.com/biz/frying-pan-new-york).

ETA: As of this post, my post number is 1984. Which is not at all relevant, and I don't have anything clever or interesting to add. But.. nifty.

MnM22

Postby MnM22 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:16 pm

My photo got accepted!

(It's the same one as my avatar. :wink: )

OMAR_COMIN_YO

Postby OMAR_COMIN_YO » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:50 pm

MnM22 wrote:My photo got accepted!

I'm hoping they made an exception for your background color.

yomisterd

Postby yomisterd » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:27 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:NYC kids! There's another drinks thing happening tonight, per the HLS FB page. It's at the Frying Pan (http://www.yelp.com/biz/frying-pan-new-york).

ETA: As of this post, my post number is 1984. Which is not at all relevant, and I don't have anything clever or interesting to add. But.. nifty.

Be there or be square.

dirkgently

Postby dirkgently » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Where can I check to see what kind of stuff I'll need to bring to Gropius? Mostly concerned about how well/poorly the kitchen will be stocked and what kind of bed sheets I'll need.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm

MnM22 wrote:My photo got accepted!

I really should get on that, especially if its going to get rejected a bunch, haha.

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”