Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:25 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Does anyone show their grants and/or loans as being awarded, or should everything be "anticipated" right now?

ETA: Nvm, pretty sure I'm good. http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/sfs/billing/credits.html


Yeppers your fine.


Awesome, thanks. :)

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Also heads up, some people are getting drinks in Boston / Harvard Square area tomorrow night it looks like.

I don't think the details are ironed out, but there's a comment chain going on the admitted students facebook page.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:31 pm

Ah to live in Nowhere and miss everything. Courage is legit though.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Btw, how are we supposed to recognize each other? Is there a hand signal?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:29 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Btw, how are we supposed to recognize each other? Is there a hand signal?

When you shake hands, draw your ring finger in and wiggle it.

User avatar
heythatslife
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby heythatslife » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Btw, how are we supposed to recognize each other? Is there a hand signal?

Show up in a Harvard t-shirt, obv
Bonus points for matching hat and socks

User avatar
OMAR_COMIN_YO
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby OMAR_COMIN_YO » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 am

heythatslife wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Btw, how are we supposed to recognize each other? Is there a hand signal?

Show up in a Harvard t-shirt, obv
Bonus points for matching hat and socks



I chose to go with crimson face paint and personalized "HARVARD LAW SCHOOL 2017" tattoos. But yeah, uh, you know, to each their own i guess.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:45 am

OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:
heythatslife wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Btw, how are we supposed to recognize each other? Is there a hand signal?

Show up in a Harvard t-shirt, obv
Bonus points for matching hat and socks



I chose to go with crimson face paint and personalized "HARVARD LAW SCHOOL 2017" tattoos. But yeah, uh, you know, to each their own i guess.


Damn, were you in the front of the bar? I didn't spot you. I was on the lookout for jazz hands and feathered bowlers.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Anyone else jealous of all these people getting class schedules and orientation information from other schools? I need something to get me through this last month of work Harvard!

User avatar
OMAR_COMIN_YO
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby OMAR_COMIN_YO » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:34 pm

politics89 wrote:Anyone else jealous of all these people getting class schedules and orientation information from other schools? I need something to get me through this last month of work Harvard!


I was thinking about this just this morning. When are we slated to find out about sections and all of that?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:49 pm

OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:
politics89 wrote:Anyone else jealous of all these people getting class schedules and orientation information from other schools? I need something to get me through this last month of work Harvard!


I was thinking about this just this morning. When are we slated to find out about sections and all of that?


From prior year stalking, it seems section info should come out around August 9th.

As for orientation, the website says it will be updated with more info in early July :(

User avatar
charlie.black
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby charlie.black » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:10 pm

politics89 wrote:
OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:
politics89 wrote:Anyone else jealous of all these people getting class schedules and orientation information from other schools? I need something to get me through this last month of work Harvard!


I was thinking about this just this morning. When are we slated to find out about sections and all of that?


From prior year stalking, it seems section info should come out around August 9th.

As for orientation, the website says it will be updated with more info in early July :(


there was an orientation website up for a bit, outlining the activities for each day. the link was on the online status page, but now the link is dead..

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:28 pm

charlie.black wrote:there was an orientation website up for a bit, outlining the activities for each day. the link was on the online status page, but now the link is dead..


Oi.. somehow I missed that entirely

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2222
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:37 pm

At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

jingosaur wrote:At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

They're very selective about accepting ID photographs. They kick back most of them.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:07 pm

TripTrip wrote:
jingosaur wrote:At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

They're very selective about accepting ID photographs. They kick back most of them.


TripTrip do you think a photo like this would be appropriate, if it were a completely white background? And with more tasteful bathroom mats?

Image
Last edited by PotenC on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirkgently
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby dirkgently » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:08 pm

TripTrip wrote:
jingosaur wrote:At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

They're very selective about accepting ID photographs. They kick back most of them.


How did you end up with my ID photo as your avatar?

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:34 pm

PotenC wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
jingosaur wrote:At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

They're very selective about accepting ID photographs. They kick back most of them.


TripTrip do you think a photo like this would be appropriate, if it were a completely white background? And with more tasteful bathroom mats?

[Ski goggles in the bathroom.jpg]


Definitely.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

TripTrip wrote:
jingosaur wrote:At least we get to take Photo ID selfies!! Getting section assignments is the next big thing though.

They're very selective about accepting ID photographs. They kick back most of them.


I have like 4 extra passport photos (hard prints) from the LSAT... if only they didn't require them to be digital!

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

In case anyone was still looking..

This probably requires a login, but here is a site giving some information about the orientation. Its nothing exhaustive, but its better than the other page that says it will be updated in early July.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:In case anyone was still looking..

This probably requires a login, but here is a site giving some information about the orientation. Its nothing exhaustive, but its better than the other page that says it will be updated in early July.

--LinkRemoved--


How'd you find that?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Well, after reading charlie.black's post I went and looked at my status checker (For the first time in a long time). I found that JD Orientation link that was mentioned, which was indeed broke. But the broken link took me to the HLS DOS website (http://www3.law.harvard.edu/dos/). From there I just clicked around and found the orientation page, it just seems that their link on the status checker hasn't been updated.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fianna13 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:28 pm

So we don't register our classes until orientation???

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:29 pm

Fianna13 wrote:So we don't register our classes until orientation???

They're all assigned so it's not like it matters much.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fianna13 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Well, I still need to get some medical stuff taken care of. And it seems like I can't register for classes until I get all that stuff done. But the law school health services are closed until 27th. So I'm just wondering whether or not if that's going to delay my registration




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest