Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:15 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:Why don't I see Health Forms as a box to tick in my Application Status Check?


You'll get an email when they're all set.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 pm

politics89 wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:Why don't I see Health Forms as a box to tick in my Application Status Check?


You'll get an email when they're all set.


These have to be mailed, right?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:08 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
politics89 wrote:
CyanIdes Of March wrote:Why don't I see Health Forms as a box to tick in my Application Status Check?


You'll get an email when they're all set.


These have to be mailed, right?


I had my doctor fax them.

blckwsl
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby blckwsl » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Has anyone had their transcript received yet? I don't see it in the status checker and have not received an email. (They did get my college certification, even though I sent that in later...)

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Dammit, TLS keeps forgetting to tell me that there are updates in threads.

1) Sure thing LS, new poll coming up.

2) Is anyone else as frustrated with the housing search as I? I'm starting to wonder if the dorms weren't the way to go....

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:28 pm

HorseThief wrote:Dammit, TLS keeps forgetting to tell me that there are updates in threads.

1) Sure thing LS, new poll coming up.

2) Is anyone else as frustrated with the housing search as I? I'm starting to wonder if the dorms weren't the way to go....


I was pretty frustrated with it until I came to terms with two things:

(1) Brokers' fee is a necessary evil, unless you find a large management company ran place (very few of these exist, and not close to campus);

and

(2) that I'm okay with living 20-30 minutes away to get a bigger/nicer place for the same cost as Harvard Square.

Both of the above points wouldn't have really been an issue if it wasn't for the fact that I'm moving out there with my SO & another friend--because hopping into an existing lease agreement with current students is really popular and seems easy for a single student looking for a room.

lawschoolwannabee123
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lawschoolwannabee123 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:34 pm

blckwsl wrote:Has anyone had their transcript received yet? I don't see it in the status checker and have not received an email. (They did get my college certification, even though I sent that in later...)



They said they don't start reviewing transcripts until June 15, no matter when they are sent in.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:38 pm

lawschoolwannabee123 wrote:
blckwsl wrote:Has anyone had their transcript received yet? I don't see it in the status checker and have not received an email. (They did get my college certification, even though I sent that in later...)



They said they don't start reviewing transcripts until June 15, no matter when they are sent in.


I sent an e-mail asking whether they had my transcript because I had it sent and it wasn't checked on my status checker and they said they had it so don't worry.

User avatar
jasper09
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jasper09 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Just got all of the paperwork for SFS, so I'm still working on that and apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. Our fall term bills are due August 1st- when/how far in advance are loans disbursed?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:47 pm

jasper09 wrote:Just got all of the paperwork for SFS, so I'm still working on that and apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. Our fall term bills are due August 1st- when/how far in advance are loans disbursed?


Loans are not disbursed in advance but your estimated loan amount will cover the bill so don't worry about that. What I'm more worried about is that loans aren't disbured until well into the fall term(this is based on my limited understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I need to save money to survive for the first few months of skewl
Last edited by t-14orbust on Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:47 pm

jasper09 wrote:Just got all of the paperwork for SFS, so I'm still working on that and apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. Our fall term bills are due August 1st- when/how far in advance are loans disbursed?


I just got the e-mail about starting Step 3 for SFS which involves applying for loans. I looked at my loan distribution on the SFS site and it's now broken down by loan type. I think we're expected to start applying over the next couple of weeks. The disbursements go straight to the bill I think.

User avatar
jasper09
Posts: 191
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:03 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jasper09 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:52 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
jasper09 wrote:Just got all of the paperwork for SFS, so I'm still working on that and apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. Our fall term bills are due August 1st- when/how far in advance are loans disbursed?


Loans are not disbursed in advance but your estimated loan amount will cover the bill so don't worry about that. What I'm more worried about is that loans aren't disbured until well into the fall term(this is based on my limited understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I need to save money to survive for the first few months of skewl


This is what I'm worried about- for those folks living off-campus who will be renting non-HUH apartment, that could present a big problem...Prior to getting in off the waitlist, I was planning to attend UVA, where the loans are disbursed a few days before the bills are due.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:13 pm

jasper09 wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
jasper09 wrote:Just got all of the paperwork for SFS, so I'm still working on that and apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere. Our fall term bills are due August 1st- when/how far in advance are loans disbursed?


Loans are not disbursed in advance but your estimated loan amount will cover the bill so don't worry about that. What I'm more worried about is that loans aren't disbured until well into the fall term(this is based on my limited understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I need to save money to survive for the first few months of skewl


This is what I'm worried about- for those folks living off-campus who will be renting non-HUH apartment, that could present a big problem...Prior to getting in off the waitlist, I was planning to attend UVA, where the loans are disbursed a few days before the bills are due.


Yeah, I thank the stars that I'm living in the dorms so this won't be a problem for me. At my undergrad they disburse loans/refunds a week prior to each term, so I thought there would be a similar process at H.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:20 pm

I've heard it thrown around that the aid balance after the fall tuition gets disbursed +/- 3 days from 1st day of school. The +/- is to denote my failing memory, not the actual words said.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wealtheow » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:38 pm

schools cannot legally disburse aid more than ten days before the first day of classes. federal funds disburse fairly quickly though- where i work now, the fall 2013 batch came in on 8/29/13 (classes started a couple days later). the only reason you would have to wait later into the fall semester is if you neglected to sign your Master Promissory Notes :} so i wouldn't worry too much about that!

Also, not sure about anyone else, but I did receive a confirmation e-mail for my college cert, and my boxes are showed as checked off for both cert and transcript.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.

User avatar
codyoneill
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby codyoneill » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:22 pm

malleus discentium wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.


I knew my procrastination was going to pay off... :P

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:25 pm

codyoneill wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.


I knew my procrastination was going to pay off... :P


No way, that's awesome. I guess I don't have to go to CVS minute clinic anymore. Anyone know if we can email them the rest of the forms instead of mailing them?

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby jingosaur » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Fianna13 wrote:
codyoneill wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.


I knew my procrastination was going to pay off... :P


No way, that's awesome. I guess I don't have to go to CVS minute clinic anymore. Anyone know if we can email them the rest of the forms instead of mailing them?


Yes, you can call the office and they will give you someone to e-mail based on the letter your last name begins with. I e-mailed my forms yesterday and got a confirmation e-mail this morning.

User avatar
sjgonzalez3
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sjgonzalez3 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:34 pm

malleus discentium wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.


Not fully following.

I think you're saying that the Health Care Provider's Report & Immunization Form are not mandatory. But, do we still need a record of a physical within the past 12 months, and we still need to provide legitimate records of all of the required immunizations?

In other words, they just told you the exact forms weren't required, but their content was still required, right? Or did I misunderstand this.

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:36 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:Just as a heads up to anyone who hasn't completed all the health forms: I called and spoke to someone at the Law School Health Services office (617) 495-4414 who said the Health Care Provider's Report isn't mandatory. So none of the forms necessarily require a visit to a physician. Additionally, the immunization form they provide is just a guide; any legitimate records will suffice. You might want to call and double check, but if you were planning to see a PCP just for this maybe you don't have to now.


Not fully following.

I think you're saying that the Health Care Provider's Report & Immunization Form are not mandatory. But, do we still need a record of a physical within the past 12 months, and we still need to provide legitimate records of all of the required immunizations?

In other words, they just told you the exact forms weren't required, but their content was still required, right? Or did I misunderstand this.


The content of the immunization form is required, yes. She gave me the impression that neither the form nor content of the physical form were mandatory. Like I said I would call to confirm before relying on me but I wanted to let people know what I found out before they scramble to make a PCP visit like I was about to :P

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fianna13 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:53 pm

Just called their office, so here are the required forms for registration of classes:

- the questionnaire
-HLS record information
-immunization forms (any official ones would do)
-meningcoccocal waiver if you dont have the shot

Recommended ones:

-Health provider's report
-TB report (She said this one is tricky, its not required, but if there's an outbreak of TB on campus and you aren't cleared, you may not able to come to campus until it's calmed down. But you can always submit this past the deadline to get it cleared)

Hope this helps.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Fianna13 wrote:Just called their office, so here are the required forms for registration of classes:

- the questionnaire
-HLS record information
-immunization forms (any official ones would do)
-meningcoccocal waiver if you dont have the shot

Recommended ones:

-Health provider's report
-TB report (She said this one is tricky, its not required, but if there's an outbreak of TB on campus and you aren't cleared, you may not able to come to campus until it's calmed down. But you can always submit this past the deadline to get it cleared)

Hope this helps.


OH MY GOD BRO. I'ma go crazy if Obama doesn't cover this physical I got YESTERDAY, which I had to MISS WORK FOR. Image

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:08 pm

you guys(girls) are awesome

User avatar
malleus discentium
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:30 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby malleus discentium » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:10 pm

PotenC wrote:
Fianna13 wrote:Just called their office, so here are the required forms for registration of classes:

- the questionnaire
-HLS record information
-immunization forms (any official ones would do)
-meningcoccocal waiver if you dont have the shot

Recommended ones:

-Health provider's report
-TB report (She said this one is tricky, its not required, but if there's an outbreak of TB on campus and you aren't cleared, you may not able to come to campus until it's calmed down. But you can always submit this past the deadline to get it cleared)

Hope this helps.


OH MY GOD BRO. I'ma go crazy if Obama doesn't cover this physical I got YESTERDAY, which I had to MISS WORK FOR. Image



If yes: Thanks, Obama :D
If no: Thanks, Obama :x




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest