Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:52 am

thestatusguo wrote:Checking in. Hi :)


Welcome stranger.

frt148
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby frt148 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does programming begin April 11 or April 12 for ASW? Just got in, haven't gotten my registration info.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wtrc » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am

Arrow4Christ wrote:
JWP1022 wrote:~checking in~

Still can't believe this is happening.


+1 I'm still terrified I'm going to wake up :lol:


:D welcome you two

User avatar
ShrimpToastMasters
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby ShrimpToastMasters » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:26 am

Checking in! :D

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 am

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 am

Even airbnb is pretty full up less than two week's out. Image

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:32 am

Welcome to all of the new admits! Welcome to the family. :)

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:01 am

PotenC wrote:Even airbnb is pretty full up less than two week's out. Image


lol I just booked my airbnb place last night, after like 10 rejections.

User avatar
Fianna13
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Fianna13 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:03 am

Checking in!

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby wealtheow » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

Arrow4Christ wrote:
JWP1022 wrote:~checking in~

Still can't believe this is happening.


+1 I'm still terrified I'm going to wake up :lol:

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 am

congrats to everyone! especially shrimps and jwp - crazy choices ahead!

Ahem_aroma
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:26 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Ahem_aroma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:48 am

RedShift wrote:
frt148 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but does programming begin April 11 or April 12 for ASW? Just got in, haven't gotten my registration info.

The 12th


Very similar question - does programming continue on that Monday?

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:50 am

congrats everyone! Welcome! You're in good company

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:57 am

paglababa wrote:
PotenC wrote:Even airbnb is pretty full up less than two week's out.


lol I just booked my airbnb place last night, after like 10 rejections.


How close did you book? Is Davis Square a good distance? Image

User avatar
Sirs_LMNOPQRS
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Sirs_LMNOPQRS » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Checking in!

To the poster above me: I'm not sure where Davis Square is, (maybe my advice isn't very valuable) but there is a 'T' stop at Harvard Square, so you're good as long as you're within walking distance of a station.

Also, the T stops running late at night (midnight-ish?) so if anyone has a late-night flight, they might have to end up paying $40-$50 for a cab to Cambridge. If you arrive earlier, there's a free train from the airport to Boston (the silver line), and then the T is only $2 to Harvard Square.

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:20 pm

PotenC wrote:
paglababa wrote:
PotenC wrote:Even airbnb is pretty full up less than two week's out.


lol I just booked my airbnb place last night, after like 10 rejections.


How close did you book? Is Davis Square a good distance? Image


Davis Square isn't too far out. Check the first post for info on neighborhoods around HLS (especially the HLS link).

User avatar
chicky
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby chicky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 pm

HorseThief wrote:
PotenC wrote:
paglababa wrote:
PotenC wrote:Even airbnb is pretty full up less than two week's out.


lol I just booked my airbnb place last night, after like 10 rejections.


How close did you book? Is Davis Square a good distance?


Davis Square isn't too far out. Check the first post for info on neighborhoods around HLS (especially the HLS link).


Davis is a bit of a hike if you're going from Boston all the way out, but easy to get to Harvard (though HLS is across campus from the T).

Also, the Red Line now runs to like 3 am! Prepare to have a social life!

baloneydanza
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby baloneydanza » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Sirs_LMNOPQRS wrote:Checking in!

To the poster above me: I'm not sure where Davis Square is, (maybe my advice isn't very valuable) but there is a 'T' stop at Harvard Square, so you're good as long as you're within walking distance of a station.

Also, the T stops running late at night (midnight-ish?) so if anyone has a late-night flight, they might have to end up paying $40-$50 for a cab to Cambridge. If you arrive earlier, there's a free train from the airport to Boston (the silver line), and then the T is only $2 to Harvard Square.


I somehow managed to get to my place for free via public transit. The bus from the airport to the subway station is free, and since I didn't have to leave the station to get on another line, I just walked on a train and reached my destination.

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm

What do you think of traveling from Brookline for ASW? Especially since some of the events occur in bars downtown at night? Apparently from there to HLS I can take the Green line & transfer to the red for 45 mins or I can alternatively take the Q66 directly.


edit: Also if anyone wants to split a hotel or something I'm down to hear details if it's below $100?
Last edited by paglababa on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PotenC
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby PotenC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks for all the help guys! I just booked a place in Porter Square. It's closer by one subway stop, I believe.
Last edited by PotenC on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esther0123
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:40 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby esther0123 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 pm

So everyone's going to Harvard ASW? I'm a bit torn. It's pretty pricey for me (last minute ticket) and I've taken far too many days off last couple of months because of some family issues...

ETA: I would be flying internationally and also on the other side of the coast. bleh.

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:00 pm

paglababa wrote:What do you think of traveling from Brookline for ASW? Especially since some of the events occur in bars downtown at night? Apparently from there to HLS I can take the Green line & transfer to the red for 45 mins or I can alternatively take the Q66 directly.


edit: Also if anyone wants to split a hotel or something I'm down to hear details if it's below $100?


I would not advise staying in Brookline. It's superr far away and the Green Line is hell on earth.

User avatar
koalacity
Posts: 1162
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby koalacity » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:06 pm

politics89 wrote:
paglababa wrote:What do you think of traveling from Brookline for ASW? Especially since some of the events occur in bars downtown at night? Apparently from there to HLS I can take the Green line & transfer to the red for 45 mins or I can alternatively take the Q66 directly.


edit: Also if anyone wants to split a hotel or something I'm down to hear details if it's below $100?


I would not advise staying in Brookline. It's superr far away and the Green Line is hell on earth.

Yeah, I agree (I don't know Boston at all, but politics89 does). You'll want to be reasonably close to ASW if you plan on partaking in the festivities-I was out until ~3 AM Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and I definitely would not have wanted to be so far away when trying to get back to my hotel at those hours (nor would I have wanted to be so far away in the morning when dragging myself out of bed to get to the morning events).

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Has anyone who has been waiting ~10+ days had their award package come in recently?

User avatar
chicky
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby chicky » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:15 pm

politics89 wrote:
paglababa wrote:What do you think of traveling from Brookline for ASW? Especially since some of the events occur in bars downtown at night? Apparently from there to HLS I can take the Green line & transfer to the red for 45 mins or I can alternatively take the Q66 directly.


edit: Also if anyone wants to split a hotel or something I'm down to hear details if it's below $100?


I would not advise staying in Brookline. It's superr far away and the Green Line is hell on earth.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest