Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:11 pm

wtrc wrote:The Harvard Law Class of 2016 thread is 2 pages long.
The Harvard Law Class of 2015 is a whopping 3 pages long.
It's not even April and we're at 64 pages. :)


We're just 1 page behind the Yale applicant thread. :)

ETA: Oops, with this post we are tied with Yale.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 am

There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah

User avatar
paglababa
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby paglababa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 am

t-14orbust wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah


I don't drink coffee :(

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:45 am

paglababa wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah


I don't drink coffee :(


coffee has been a relatively recent development for me. I find it fairly effective as a bullshit/bitch/tedious/menial-work-tolerance maximizer

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Optimist Prime » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:53 am

paglababa wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah


I don't drink coffee :(


It's a fancy Keurig-style machine that I believe has tea as well. :D

I had some free time at ASW so I wandered through the lib for a bit. Didn't manage to find the book bound in human skin.

anubis1911
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby anubis1911 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Where are y'all living? On campus? Or are you looking at specific apartments? I don't know much about the area, so if there is an apartment building where law students generally go, I would appreciate learning about it lol.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:32 pm

paglababa wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah


I don't drink coffee :(


Me neither, nor tea. It would go a long way for them to have hot chocolate packets or mixes next to the hot water dispenser. I would take that in a heartbeat. :)

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby politics89 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 pm

The-Specs wrote:
paglababa wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:There is free coffee in the law library every evening and all weekend: http://asklib.law.harvard.edu/a.php?qid=401866 I repeat: FREE COFFE IN THE LIBRARY.

HARVARD, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.


Definitely reassures me that I made the right decision hahahah


I don't drink coffee :(


Me neither, nor tea. It would go a long way for them to have hot chocolate packets or mixes next to the hot water dispenser. I would take that in a heartbeat. :)


I really thought I would be the only one to not drink coffee, but I, too, vote for hot chocolate!

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:35 pm

politics89 wrote:
I really thought I would be the only one to not drink coffee, but I, too, vote for hot chocolate!


I felt the same way. I am surprised by this development. We should let Harvard know. Starting everyday with a warm cup of Hot Chocolate…if that doesn't make you feel loved I don't know what will.

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

The-Specs wrote:
politics89 wrote:
I really thought I would be the only one to not drink coffee, but I, too, vote for hot chocolate!


I felt the same way. I am surprised by this development. We should let Harvard know. Starting everyday with a warm cup of Hot Chocolate…if that doesn't make you feel lovedfat I don't know what will.


ftfy - no coffee here either. i do love hot chocolate but can never justify the calories...

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:38 pm

finally got my prelim aid package. Can't complain

delilah88
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby delilah88 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:50 pm

I just got my financial aid package too. Very pleased with the outcome. I received it on the 10th business day.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:50 pm

Glad to hear people are pleased with their packages, I'm still waiting on mine and honestly have no idea on what kind of money to expect.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 pm

DAT debt doe :?

User avatar
lastsamurai
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby lastsamurai » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

t-14orbust wrote:DAT debt doe :?


Agreed. And the fact that the grant number is variable gives me pause

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sasquatchsam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

delilah88 wrote:I just got my financial aid package too. Very pleased with the outcome. I received it on the 10th business day.


Dang...today is day 11 for me. Kind of a getting anxious but hoping it isn't a bad sign.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 pm

sasquatchsam wrote:
delilah88 wrote:I just got my financial aid package too. Very pleased with the outcome. I received it on the 10th business day.


Dang...today is day 11 for me. Kind of a getting anxious but hoping it isn't a bad sign.


I was well beyond day 10. They did ask for supplemental docs and info from my parents though, and my dad didn't see the e-mail for a while after they had sent it.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:42 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
sasquatchsam wrote:
delilah88 wrote:I just got my financial aid package too. Very pleased with the outcome. I received it on the 10th business day.


Dang...today is day 11 for me. Kind of a getting anxious but hoping it isn't a bad sign.


I was well beyond day 10. They did ask for supplemental docs and info from my parents though, and my dad didn't see the e-mail for a while after they had sent it.


Oh man, if they just send the request to your parents without informing you then I am doomed, my parents check their email like once every month.

06162014123
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

.

Postby 06162014123 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm

.
Last edited by 06162014123 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
sasquatchsam wrote:
delilah88 wrote:I just got my financial aid package too. Very pleased with the outcome. I received it on the 10th business day.


Dang...today is day 11 for me. Kind of a getting anxious but hoping it isn't a bad sign.


I was well beyond day 10. They did ask for supplemental docs and info from my parents though, and my dad didn't see the e-mail for a while after they had sent it.


Oh man, if they just send the request to your parents without informing you then I am doomed, my parents check their email like once every month.


lol have them check! My dad didn't see their follow-up questions until over a week afterwards when I started to wonder why there was no word yet hahaha

fwiw they did ask me for his e-mail address initially, but that may have been because he didn't list one on the original app

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:30 pm

t-14orbust wrote:lol have them check! My dad didn't see their follow-up questions until over a week afterwards when I started to wonder why there was no word yet hahaha

fwiw they did ask me for his e-mail address initially, but that may have been because he didn't list one on the original app


Thanks a bunch for sharing this, I am going to start bugging them about it. I'm fairly sure I remember putting down their email since I filled out the forms and such with them over the phone, because stone ages.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2249
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:06 pm

Has anyone who registered for the April ASW received any information confirming they registered yet? I signed up for it and a class and haven't heard a peep. Then today I got an email reminding me to register. I feel like this same thing happened last time to a few people, but I figured I would check.

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2068
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:07 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Has anyone who registered for the April ASW received any information confirming they registered yet? I signed up for it and a class and haven't heard a peep. Then today I got an email reminding me to register. I feel like this same thing happened last time to a few people, but I figured I would check.


In the same boat

User avatar
bbkk
Posts: 728
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby bbkk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:02 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Has anyone who registered for the April ASW received any information confirming they registered yet? I signed up for it and a class and haven't heard a peep. Then today I got an email reminding me to register. I feel like this same thing happened last time to a few people, but I figured I would check.


In the same boat


I received a confirmation email within a few minutes after I registered online. It's from noreply@localhost.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest