koalacity wrote:wtrc wrote:Post-ASW thoughts:
1) I've just changed my poll answer vote to "aww, yiss!" from the "LASTSamurai_idk_club."
2) Speaking of which, LastSamurai is a good roommate.
3) My main reservation going in was that people would be hard to connect with at HLS. I didn't go to a preftigious UG or grow up like that at all. This was almost entirely unfounded though... everyone was so normal and pretty great. Including/especially the TLS folks.
4) Obviously there will be gunners. But the gunners were pretty rare, at least this weekend.
5) HLS did a really good job with the weekend. The only things I would change are the bars they rented out, since it would be way cheaper (=more drinks) and less crowded to do the same thing they did on Saturday night at HLS.
6) Also: "HLS: A smart financial decision?" should not have been at 9:30 on Sunday morning after the clocks went forward an hour...
7) Way too many people determined that our TLS-contingent knew each other from TLS. It was kind of ridiculous how literally the majority of people there read or have read this thread many times.
8 ) As an example: on Saturday night at the bar I was talking to two people who I did not realize read TLS. In the middle of the conversation they turned to each other and said "YO WHERE DO YOU THINK SCOOBERS AND LAWSCHOOL22 ARE AT?!" I still have not figured out who they are on TLS... reveal yourselves, 2 dudes in red shirts.
9) Another example: Someone else figured out who we were, ended up being a pretty active poster.
10) TripTrip, where you at? Also, Specs, you too, and TheWaves.
+1 to what wtrc said, except I'd disagree with the description of gunners as being "pretty rare"-there were definitely more than I was hoping to see. That being said, they were certainly the minority, and most people were lovely, especially the TLS crew (of course).
Overall, I had an amazing weekend and I'm extremely glad I went. It definitely makes me less stressed about waiting for a decision from Stanford/Yale/the others I don't have decisions from and about waiting for scholarship info elsewhere. I wouldn't say I'm 100% sold, but I think I'd be very happy if I end up at HLS.
Also, I am still recovering. I need to get in better drinking shape before law school, obvs.
P.S. seriously, out yourselves, red shirt lurkers.
P.P.S. There were several times I felt a bit starstruck-as someone else mentioned, Senator Warren made a brief appearance, plus getting to see JS and so many famous professors in person was pretty cool.
lol how did you identify these gunners? Were they asking professors to recommend them for SCOTUS clerkships or something?