Harvard Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
6
8%
Section 2
12
16%
Section 3
8
11%
Section 4
7
10%
Section 5
19
26%
Section 6
8
11%
Section 7
13
18%
 
Total votes: 73

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 pm

See you all in two days :D

sasquatchsam
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby sasquatchsam » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:14 pm

wtrc wrote:Re the sweatshirt, I have one in DC and I have worn it occasionally. Ppl react weirdly (ordering a drink at Sbux= "YO HARVARD!")

Re finding TripTrip and others at ASW, can we all have some magic secret TLS handshake or something... I don't really want to go up to randoms and say "YO ARE YOU ON TOP LAW SCHOOLS DOT COM?! DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?!" (having said that, I think I know what like 10 or so of you look like... so...)


We should all wear suits. That way we can look like the gunners we all know we are...and scope out the competition :)

All joking aside, we should have a way to distinguish who we are.

User avatar
dobryden
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby dobryden » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:03 pm

sasquatchsam wrote:
wtrc wrote:Re the sweatshirt, I have one in DC and I have worn it occasionally. Ppl react weirdly (ordering a drink at Sbux= "YO HARVARD!")

Re finding TripTrip and others at ASW, can we all have some magic secret TLS handshake or something... I don't really want to go up to randoms and say "YO ARE YOU ON TOP LAW SCHOOLS DOT COM?! DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?!" (having said that, I think I know what like 10 or so of you look like... so...)


We should all wear suits. That way we can look like the gunners we all know we are...and scope out the competition :)

All joking aside, we should have a way to distinguish who we are.


We need to come up with a seemingly mundane code question and answer. A TLSer will answer it correctly, and everyone else will say something normal.
Example:
"What are you looking for in a law school?"
Normal answer: "Oh, you know, great people and faculty"
Code answer: "Bacon."

I'm taking suggestions for a wittier question/answer combo.

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm

I like that idea but what if a regular person ask that question and we say "Bacon"? That would be hilariously awkward.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm

As much as I would like to see you all respond to each other with "bacon," you could also just pick a row to agree to sit in during the welcome with Dean Minow. It looks like admissions reserved the Ames Courtroom: http://www.law.harvard.edu/academics/cl ... n/ames.php for the welcome address. (Although if you arrive late it looks like you'll be sitting in overflow/videoconference seating in two of the big Austin classrooms.)

User avatar
t-14orbust
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Whichever one of you was asking about parking in the FB group, your profile picture is awesome.

baloneydanza
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby baloneydanza » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Ugh, all this financial aid shit keeps asking about my biological parents.

I was adopted.

Not a big deal since I know what they mean, but come on now.

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Are any of you attending without knowing anyone? I'm sure it's fine..just checking...nervous hiccup.

baloneydanza
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:44 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby baloneydanza » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Yes I'm going on my own as well. I'm kind of excited, which is odd because I have mild social anxiety.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm

thewaves wrote:Are any of you attending without knowing anyone? I'm sure it's fine..just checking...nervous hiccup.

Nobody knows anyone. Anyone who appears otherwise is just pretending.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:44 pm

TripTrip wrote:
thewaves wrote:Are any of you attending without knowing anyone? I'm sure it's fine..just checking...nervous hiccup.

Nobody knows anyone. Anyone who appears otherwise is just pretending.


Well i do know some people from my undergrad but other than that you are absolutely right.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 pm

The-Specs wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
thewaves wrote:Are any of you attending without knowing anyone? I'm sure it's fine..just checking...nervous hiccup.

Nobody knows anyone. Anyone who appears otherwise is just pretending.


Well i do know some people from my undergrad but other than that you are absolutely right.

I was exaggerating. However, it's not like there is an HLS c/o 2017 clique that no one has told the rest of the admits about. I think this is important to remember during social events early on. If you see a group of people who really do know each other, they're quite often clinging to the only familiar faces they see.

In law school, 80% of your classmates are introverted. But they're all as willing to talk to you as you are to them.

User avatar
applelover
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby applelover » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Is anyone arriving Saturday morning stashing their stuff somewhere until it's time to check into their hotel?

hdunlop
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby hdunlop » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Unless you're staying at a Cooley joint, most hotels will let you swing by early, confirm your reservation, and stow your stuff and then you can grab it and your keys when you get back Saturday PM, even late.

User avatar
almondjoy
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:35 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby almondjoy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:02 am

hdunlop wrote:Unless you're staying at a Cooley joint, most hotels will let you swing by early, confirm your reservation, and stow your stuff and then you can grab it and your keys when you get back Saturday PM, even late.

Is the reverse situation true? Like on monday after checking out of the hotel what can I do with all my stuff during class visits? My flight out isn't until monday afternoon.

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 am

almondjoy wrote:
hdunlop wrote:Unless you're staying at a Cooley joint, most hotels will let you swing by early, confirm your reservation, and stow your stuff and then you can grab it and your keys when you get back Saturday PM, even late.

Is the reverse situation true? Like on monday after checking out of the hotel what can I do with all my stuff during class visits? My flight out isn't until monday afternoon.


They can definitely hold your stuff for you.

User avatar
The-Specs
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby The-Specs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 am

My flight to Boston boards in 20 min. See you all on Saturday. :)

User avatar
CyanIdes Of March
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby CyanIdes Of March » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 am

The-Specs wrote:My flight to Boston boards in 20 min. See you all on Saturday. :)


I'm arriving Friday night. Anyone else going to be around? Maybe set-up a pre-ASW meet up?

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 am

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
The-Specs wrote:My flight to Boston boards in 20 min. See you all on Saturday. :)


I'm arriving Friday night. Anyone else going to be around? Maybe set-up a pre-ASW meet up?


I'm getting in tomorrow afternoon. Staying kind of far from campus (closer to MIT!) but oh well :)

User avatar
thewaves
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby thewaves » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:02 am

Also, are people bringing backpacks to ASW or is that dorky? I don't know if I want to carry around the packet the whole day...

User avatar
djfududeman
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:49 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby djfududeman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:04 am

So if I haven't gotten any emails about a reading assignment, good sign that my registration for ASW never went through? Good thing I just flew in :oops: hopefully they've got room for 1 more...

User avatar
HorseThief
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby HorseThief » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:50 am

djfududeman wrote:So if I haven't gotten any emails about a reading assignment, good sign that my registration for ASW never went through? Good thing I just flew in :oops: hopefully they've got room for 1 more...


They have a special reading assignment for you, written in dragon's blood on gold leaf. Lucky bastard.

User avatar
Optimist Prime
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby Optimist Prime » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 am

djfududeman wrote:So if I haven't gotten any emails about a reading assignment, good sign that my registration for ASW never went through? Good thing I just flew in :oops: hopefully they've got room for 1 more...


Yeah, I'd check the usual suspects (Spam and HLS Email account) and then call admissions. Just showing up won't be a problem, but if your registration didn't go through they won't have a name tag for you and they might not have a swag bag for you *gasp*.

User avatar
goldenflash19
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby goldenflash19 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:48 am

Been in Boston for less than an hour and already at the Sam brewery. A big part of me is more excited for this tour than HLS :)

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2740
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Postby TripTrip » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:53 am

goldenflash19 wrote:Been in Boston for less than an hour and already at the Sam brewery. A big part of me is more excited for this tour than HLS :)

You know how in movies or TV shows characters will go to the bar and order "a cold one" or "a beer" even though you could never be that vague in real life? In Boston, you can! Just say you want a Sam Adams.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest