Harvard Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
9%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
9%
Section 5
27%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
17%

Total votes: 75

juicebox

Bronze

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Post by juicebox » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 pm

dirkgently wrote:Where can I check to see what kind of stuff I'll need to bring to Gropius? Mostly concerned about how well/poorly the kitchen will be stocked and what kind of bed sheets I'll need.
Bed is twin xl

http://www3.law.harvard.edu/dos/hlshous ... s/gropius/

politics89

Bronze

Post by politics89 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:21 pm

FYI, locker sign up is now a thing: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/adup/2014/ ... emic-year/

Also noticed the orientation page updated with a little more info.

Yay for things happening!

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

politics89 wrote:FYI, locker sign up is now a thing: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/adup/2014/ ... emic-year/

Thanks politics! Already signed up, woot.

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 pm

politics89 wrote:FYI, locker sign up is now a thing: http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/adup/2014/ ... emic-year/

This is so 180. Thanks!

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:59 pm

If we're living in North Hall, what do we put for our address? Awk.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:If we're living in North Hall, what do we put for our address? Awk.
You are living on-campus.

NO LOCKER FOR YOU.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:06 pm

yomisterd wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:If we're living in North Hall, what do we put for our address? Awk.

NO LOCKER FOR YOU.
"Students who live in law school dormitories, with the exception of North Hall, are not eligible for lockers."

lawbeahs

New

Post by lawbeahs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:10 pm

Does anyone know when we get information on classes/books?

Also, are you guys planning to buy or rent online or through the bookstore?

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 pm

lawbeahs wrote:Does anyone know when we get information on classes/books?

Also, are you guys planning to buy or rent online or through the bookstore?
In the fb group a 2L said we would get section info around the 9th. I'm assuming that's when we'll also get class info.

And I'm going to buy online or maybe rent from upperclassmen.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:28 pm

That information should be found in the "Residence Hall Room License" on the room selection website, first paragraph. At least that's the mailing address, hope I'm not wrong in putting that for my address in other places.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:30 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
yomisterd wrote:

NO LOCKER FOR YOU.
"Students who live in law school dormitories, with the exception of North Hall, are not eligible for lockers."
Damn, that RC fail.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

North Hall is decidedly not on campus. There a whole other school between Harvard and North Hall. If anything it's on Lesley's campus.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 pm

TripTrip wrote:North Hall is decidedly not on campus. There a whole other school between Harvard and North Hall. If anything it's on Lesley's campus.
mea culpa. I was a fool.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:12 pm

yomisterd wrote:
TripTrip wrote:North Hall is decidedly not on campus. There a whole other school between Harvard and North Hall. If anything it's on Lesley's campus.
mea culpa. I was a fool.
Nah. If you've never been to North Hall, there's no reason for you to have known that!

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:16 am

TripTrip wrote:
yomisterd wrote:
mea culpa. I was a fool.
Nah. If you've never been to North Hall, there's no reason for you to have known that!
Wait, is it really that far away? I thought it was only a couple blocks from WCC..?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:46 pm

TripTrip wrote:
yomisterd wrote:
mea culpa. I was a fool.
Wait, is it really that far away? I thought it was only a couple blocks from WCC..?
It is, but Gropius and Hastings are both practically attached to WCC* so by comparison, North Hall seems far. Plus, there's plenty of apartments closer than North.

*For the textualists, by "practically attached" I mean no more than fifty feet of walking in the rain.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:48 am

TripTrip wrote:
It is, but Gropius and Hastings are both practically attached to WCC* so by comparison, North Hall seems far. Plus, there's plenty of apartments closer than North.

*For the textualists, by "practically attached" I mean no more than fifty feet of walking in the rain.
Oh, I'm currently in NYC. Two blocks away is next door.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 pm

so my Quikpayr says "balance due: 0$" -but- my Status Checker doesn't have the box checked for "Fall Semester Term Bill Cleared." Anybody know what any of this means?

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Also, I see that the clinical email can't be set to auto-forward, but has anyone figured out a way to set it to send a "you have a new message" email or something similar? It seems like it would be a pain to log in all the time...

Sorry for the question barrage; I have been out of the country for a while and am just now catching up on all of the red tape (there is a lot of it).

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Pneumonia wrote:Also, I see that the clinical email can't be set to auto-forward, but has anyone figured out a way to set it to send a "you have a new message" email or something similar? It seems like it would be a pain to log in all the time...

Sorry for the question barrage; I have been out of the country for a while and am just now catching up on all of the red tape (there is a lot of it).
It seems like something you just have to check every so often, especially if you are active in a clinic/SPO. I scrounged the email site and couldn't find anything about reminders/forwarding/new message emails.

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Pneumonia wrote:Also, I see that the clinical email can't be set to auto-forward, but has anyone figured out a way to set it to send a "you have a new message" email or something similar? It seems like it would be a pain to log in all the time...

I don't know if an account like this would work with Mozilla Thunderbird, but that's a good program to use if you want all your emails collected in one place.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ajren Robben

New

Post by Ajren Robben » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 pm

If anyone is interested in housing. I got an apartment right across the street from HLS and 1 minute walk from the gym. If anyone is still looking, message me.

yomisterd

Gold

Post by yomisterd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

malleus discentium wrote:

I don't know if an account like this would work with Mozilla Thunderbird, but that's a good program to use if you want all your emails collected in one place.
I don't think we are able to connect the clinical email account to any service:
This email program has a specially designed mobile web interface that should make accessing email on your mobile device simple and efficient. However, this account cannot be used with a mobile or desktop email client like Outlook. That means that your emails cannot be downloaded and stored on a separate device which could be lost or stolen.
eta: from the email they sent.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Yeah I know we can't connect it to anything, I just wish there was a feature that would ping you whenever there was a new email available. I guess I'll just get used to checking it every now and then, especially if/when I join a clinic or an SPO.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

There's about a 90% chance you can get through 1L without ever logging in to your clinical email.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”