Harvard Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
9%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
9%
Section 5
27%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
17%

Total votes: 75

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Post by a.sleepyhead » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Any idea how long it takes to be assigned a view/select window after your housing app is approved?

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Wed May 21, 2014 7:17 pm

a.sleepyhead wrote:Any idea how long it takes to be assigned a view/select window after your housing app is approved?
there are no windows left

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Post by a.sleepyhead » Wed May 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
a.sleepyhead wrote:Any idea how long it takes to be assigned a view/select window after your housing app is approved?
My bad. I asked more as a general frame of ref for response time for those who are applying for housing after being accepted off the waitlist, but it's probably a different process.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Wed May 21, 2014 7:27 pm

oh ok that makes more sense.

just fyi triptrip and other in this thread have said that it should be pretty doable to get a gropius room even though you've missed the window; North and Hastings are less certain.

HLS Housing is all gone, as are the law specific rooms from HUH housing. There are still some random HUH rooms available though.

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Post by a.sleepyhead » Wed May 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Pneumonia wrote:oh ok that makes more sense.

just fyi triptrip and other in this thread have said that it should be pretty doable to get a gropius room even though you've missed the window; North and Hastings are less certain.

HLS Housing is all gone, as are the law specific rooms from HUH housing. There are still some random HUH rooms available though.
Thanks for the info!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Wed May 21, 2014 8:03 pm

OMAR_COMIN_YO wrote:
heirloom wrote:Hiya checking in after JS2 yesterday. I've lived in Cambridge the last 11 years, so happy to answer any life Q's that I can. Good to be with you all.

Wondering if any folks have withdrawn from Columbia post seat deposit. What's the protocol there?
I have similar questions as to the protocol for NYU... but I just shot off an email to the admissions office requesting that my admission be withdrawn. Doesn't seem to be more complicated than that, but I could be wrong.

Lol in contrast, my HLS email add still works even though I withdrew.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed May 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
What? I thought the windows went until at least June 4th. Or were you talking about windows left to be assigned to?

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:
What? I thought the windows went until at least June 4th. Or were you talking about windows left to be assigned to?
The windows are going until then, but you can't get assigned to them now.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed May 21, 2014 10:39 pm

HorseThief wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
Pneumonia wrote:
The windows are going until then, but you can't get assigned to them now.
That is what I thought.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri May 23, 2014 7:03 am

HLS housing isn't all gone; there are still some rooms left in Hastings.

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Fri May 23, 2014 12:18 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:

HLS housing isn't all gone; there are still some rooms left in Hastings.
Does this mean that only Hastings is left? And how the devil does one get into the HAHLS website? I keep on getting an error.

Cowboy25

New

Post by Cowboy25 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:04 am

Does anyone know if there is a particular type of note taking software I should download before classes start? I never really took notes in undergrad but I have a feeling that is soon to change!

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sat May 24, 2014 2:43 am

Cowboy25 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a particular type of note taking software I should download before classes start? I never really took notes in undergrad but I have a feeling that is soon to change!
If PC or parallels then OneNote all the way; if Mac then it's pretty much whatever

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

politics89

Bronze

Post by politics89 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:07 am

Pneumonia wrote:
Cowboy25 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a particular type of note taking software I should download before classes start? I never really took notes in undergrad but I have a feeling that is soon to change!
If PC or parallels then OneNote all the way; if Mac then it's pretty much whatever
Mac has OneNote now and it's pretty great. They're still updating it a lot so it's more basic than the PC one but I like it.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Sat May 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Or just Microsoft Word. That's what most people use.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:19 pm

TripTrip wrote:Or just Microsoft Word. That's what most people use.
It's probably correct that the majority of people use Word, but there are a decent minority of students who use the Mac word processing software (Pages? not sure what it is called) and One Note. I personally strongly prefer OneNote for a couple of reasons.

esther0123

Bronze

Post by esther0123 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:31 am

So can you not get a window assigned for HAHLS anymore? eg. for Gropius?

Also, why is Gropius so unpopular despite being so cheap?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 am

esther0123 wrote:So can you not get a window assigned for HAHLS anymore? eg. for Gropius?

Also, why is Gropius so unpopular despite being so cheap?
To get a "window" for HAHLS, you had to apply before May 1.
Right now, all you can do for HLS housing is get on the waiting list. Last time I checked, I was 65th in line for a Gropius Type 1 single (smallest room), although there may have been some movements recently.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

For those who sent in their lease for HUH via email, did you receive any sort of response? They took my money :lol: but didn't actually acknowledge anything via email.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:For those who sent in their lease for HUH via email, did you receive any sort of response? They took my money :lol: but didn't actually acknowledge anything via email.
I got an email confirmation that my lease had been processed about 3 hours later. I would definitely call them and verify since you didn't get an email-I'm sure it's fine since they processed your payment, but might as well double check.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue May 27, 2014 2:00 pm

koalacity wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:For those who sent in their lease for HUH via email, did you receive any sort of response? They took my money :lol: but didn't actually acknowledge anything via email.
I got an email confirmation that my lease had been processed about 3 hours later. I would definitely call them and verify since you didn't get an email-I'm sure it's fine since they processed your payment, but might as well double check.
Thanks! I'll give them a call, out of curiosity we were supposed to send it to "leasing@harvard.edu" correct?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Tue May 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
koalacity wrote:
Thanks! I'll give them a call, out of curiosity we were supposed to send it to "leasing@harvard.edu" correct?
Yep!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue May 27, 2014 2:08 pm

koalacity wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:
koalacity wrote:
Yep!
Thanks! Out of curiosity wasn't your select window on the 31st? Did you sneak into someplace via the currently available? Feel free to ignore me or PM if that's too much info. :)

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Tue May 27, 2014 2:30 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote: Thanks! Out of curiosity wasn't your select window on the 31st? Did you sneak into someplace via the currently available? Feel free to ignore me or PM if that's too much info. :)
Haha, good memory! I got a place through the open selection window for the HLS block apartments on the 10th.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue May 27, 2014 2:39 pm

koalacity wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote: Thanks! Out of curiosity wasn't your select window on the 31st? Did you sneak into someplace via the currently available? Feel free to ignore me or PM if that's too much info. :)
Haha, good memory! I got a place through the open selection window for the HLS block apartments on the 10th.
Ah cool, glad you didn't have to wait for the slim pickings!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”