Harvard Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
9%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
9%
Section 5
27%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
17%

Total votes: 75

chneyo

Bronze

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Post by chneyo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:03 pm

Last edited by chneyo on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

chneyo wrote:Wow. Seems like I missed out by skipping the March ASW. Glad to hear the weekend made HLS shine!
Yeah I feel the same way... But it's okay; we can taste the HLS awesomeness in April! :D

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:28 pm

bbkk wrote:
chneyo wrote:Wow. Seems like I missed out by skipping the March ASW. Glad to hear the weekend made HLS shine!
Yeah I feel the same way... But it's okay; we can taste the HLS awesomeness in April! :D
See you there! please tell me you look like your avatar

Howl

Bronze

Post by Howl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:43 pm

TBH outing myself during the ASW was fun. I got to thank some TLSers who proofread my PS (and on that point malleus_discentium is 100x cooler in person), and got to watch the reactions as people realized I wasn't a guy :D :D :D

Also, srsly, gunners gonna gun - I thought my mock class was pretty gunnery.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:44 pm

lastsamurai wrote:A few of my thoughts:

1) Wtrc is quite chipper in the mornings, and thank god for that as I would have missed Sunday's events due to my hangover otherwise.

2) Don't predict gender based on avatars.

3) Don't drink beer and wine all night for free and then buy vodka until 2 in the morning on the day clocks change.

4) HLS is fantastic at selling itself over the course of 3 days, BUT the magic started to wear off a bit during my trip home when I started thinking about the debt.

5) The HLS library is insane.
So much #2. I met a lot of TLSers this weekend (seriously, was anyone there not at minimum a lurker?) and I messed up a lot of people's genders.

Anyone who didn't make it to the March one should definitely go to the April one. There were a couple gunners among the admitted students (at least 2 in my mock class) but I didn't notice a big gunner problem in the actual class that I visited yesterday. It was a really fun weekend that has me definitely leaning more towards Harvard than previously. Also, if you've never been to Boston/Cambridge before then you need to go. I haven't been since I was really small and immediately fell in love with the city.

A few other thoughts after this weekend:

1) the underground tunnels beneath campus are a godsend for staying out of the cold. Even if the rainbow lockers are dorky

2) TLSers are amazing. I was so glad I got the chance to meet so many of you because you're all even more awesome irl

3) The professors were surprisingly chill and very friendly. They got laughs even during the more boring moments of class and there wasn't a bunch cold calling (at least in the class that I visited)

4) Harvard law students are very normal. I feel like I would fit in a lot better than I was expecting.

5) It is possible to get sick of wine. Come on, Harvard, were some mixed drinks to much to ask? :P

6) Debt is still scary but the thought of it doesn't bother me quite as much as it did before this weekend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm

kershka wrote:

1) Wtrc is quite chipper in the mornings, and thank god for that as I would have missed Sunday's events due to my hangover otherwise.

3) Don't drink beer and wine all night for free and then buy vodka until 2 in the morning on the day clocks change.

4) HLS is fantastic at selling itself over the course of 3 days, BUT the magic started to wear off a bit during my trip home when I started thinking about the debt.

So much #2. I met a lot of TLSers this weekend (seriously, was anyone there not at minimum a lurker?) and I messed up a lot of people's genders.

Anyone who didn't make it to the March one should definitely go to the April one. There were a couple gunners among the admitted students (at least 2 in my mock class) but I didn't notice a big gunner problem in the actual class that I visited yesterday. It was a really fun weekend that has me definitely leaning more towards Harvard than previously. Also, if you've never been to Boston/Cambridge before then you need to go. I haven't been since I was really small and immediately fell in love with the city.

1) the underground tunnels beneath campus are a godsend for staying out of the cold. Even if the rainbow lockers are dorky

2) TLSers are amazing. I was so glad I got the chance to meet so many of you because you're all even more awesome irl

3) The professors were surprisingly chill and very friendly. They got laughs even during the more boring moments of class and there wasn't a bunch cold calling (at least in the class that I visited)

4) Harvard law students are very normal. I feel like I would fit in a lot better than I was expecting.

5) It is possible to get sick of wine. Come on, Harvard, were some mixed drinks to much to ask? :P

6) Debt is still scary but the thought of it doesn't bother me quite as much as it did before this weekend.
7) Kershka is a great travel companion

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 pm

kershka wrote:
Say what? There was a secret underground tunnel system and no one told me?!

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:49 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
kershka wrote:
Essentially connects every building on (law) campus :)

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:51 pm

wtrc wrote:
7) Kershka is a great travel companion
:D 8 ) wtrc is fantastic and is very good at calming stressed/panicky people down.
CyanIdes Of March wrote:
kershka wrote:
Yep. They look sort of like airport hallways and are lined with lockers. They go under the campus with side hallways that lead up to the various buildings. They're pretty neat.

Edit: scooped my wtrc

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bbkk

Silver

Post by bbkk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:03 pm

t-14orbust wrote: See you there! please tell me you look like your avatar
tcr is:
lastsamurai wrote: 2) Don't predict gender based on avatars.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

bbkk wrote:
t-14orbust wrote: See you there! please tell me you look like your avatar
tcr is:
lastsamurai wrote: 2) Don't predict gender based on avatars.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i wanted to believe

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:09 pm

thewaves wrote:Sorry I didn't get to meet a lot of the TLS regulars
if you were part of a crowd of people barging through WCC on monday not paying any attention to your surroundings it's quite possible that you ran over a tls legend

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Nvm...
Last edited by Theopliske8711 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 pm

The-Specs wrote:I just have to say that I feel so loved that so many of you wanted to meet me, I had no idea. I am sorry that didn't happen but I also worry that I will seem so much less cool to all of you irl. I am married so I spent most of the weekend with other married couples and my wife and I don't drink so that puts a big social divided between us and a lot the students at the social events (though I don't think it has to be that way!). Some of you might have seen me though, I am very tall (6' 7") and I was walking around with the short, blonde (but stunningly beautiful) pregnant lady.

But I did spend most of the weekend with Charlie.Black and Brich256. Thanks for a great weekend guys.

On a completely different note, +1 to what everyone was saying about ASW. It was extremely impressive and if there was any doubt before that I was going to attend HLS it was easily wiped away. It was so much fun and such a great experience. Even if you are deadset on matriculating I would attend ASW. It was so amazing and it gives you the opportunity to learn so much more about Harvard, the culture and the people.

I had a feeling that was you and I vaguely remember telling some other TLSers that I think I saw specs wearing spectacles lol.

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 pm

kershka wrote:

I agree with all of the above, especially #2.

I really enjoyed myself this weekend. It will definitely be a lot harder for me to make a decision now that I've visited HLS. Also, all of the TLSers I met were really nice and I had fun hanging out with you all. I wished I wouldn't have missed Sunday night's outing.

HLS should have paid for my cocktails though. I got so tired of wine.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

If the HLS admissions staff actually reads TLS, I have a feeling the April ASW will just happen to have cocktails.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 pm

wtrc wrote:If the HLS admissions staff actually reads TLS, I have a feeling the April ASW will just happen to have cocktails.
:lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 pm

wtrc wrote:If the HLS admissions staff actually reads TLS, I have a feeling the April ASW will just happen to have cocktails.
And I will be very bitter :lol:

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:09 pm

applelover wrote:
And I will be very bitter :lol:
If there's an open bar they can put us in a cramped basement for all I care.

sjgonzalez3

Bronze

Post by sjgonzalez3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:12 pm

neprep wrote:
Did you see Feldman? y/n (the only reason I'll go in April)

Also t14ob we can be friends as long as you don't flash you Chi acceptance in my face :)
Being a lurker/light poster is kind of weird. It's like I've been Facebook stalking friends-of-friends for months before meeting them and already knowing a bunch about their spring trip to the Bahamas.

I hope the April ASW group doesn't feel too much like a clique. Otherwise, I'll have to befriend those weird normal people who managed to get into law school without all of TLS's wisdom :wink:

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
neprep wrote:

Also t14ob we can be friends as long as you don't flash you Chi acceptance in my face :)
Being a lurker/light poster is kind of weird. It's like I've been Facebook stalking friends-of-friends for months before meeting them and already knowing a bunch about their spring trip to the Bahamas.

I hope the April ASW group doesn't feel too much like a clique. Otherwise, I'll have to befriend those weird normal people who managed to get into law school without all of TLS's wisdom :wink:
Those people don't exist. Seriously, I actively tried to disprove my "everyone here is a member of TLS or has at some point regularly read it". I failed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

applelover

Gold

Post by applelover » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
sjgonzalez3 wrote:
neprep wrote:

Those people don't exist. Seriously, I actively tried to disprove my "everyone here is a member of TLS or has at some point regularly read it". I failed.
Seriously! Everyone I talked to this weekend either has/had a TLS account or anonymously browsed the site for help.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:09 pm

applelover wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote: Those people don't exist. Seriously, I actively tried to disprove my "everyone here is a member of TLS or has at some point regularly read it". I failed.
Seriously! Everyone I talked to this weekend either has/had a TLS account or anonymously browsed the site for help.
I can add to this. I mentioned the terms "JS1", "LOCI", and "Rubi" and when asked who interviewed me said "JS", talked about the craziness that has been Columbia this cycle and everyone seemed to know exactly what I was talking about and they never even seemed confused or surprised.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 pm

There's a reason we can safely make fun of TLS in Parody/Law Revue.

sjgonzalez3

Bronze

Post by sjgonzalez3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Does anybody remember about how long from JS2 --> receiving Harvard account/email address.

As a separate but related question (ie: the reason I want my account already): Does anybody have a copy of the SO's ASW agenda that they can PM me?

Somebody was kind enough to send me the standard one, but I'm trying to figure out how much time my SO needs to take off work/when to book flights, because she may want to pick and choose her activities.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”