Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:56 pm

mellow wrote:Couldn't get a deposit deadline extension (email was one of the nicest I've received though) so Duke's no longer an option for me. It was a difficult decision because Duke gave me $$ and the only reason I don't want to deposit now is because I'm waiting to hear about scholarships from other schools.

It's really too bad they don't allow multiple first deposits :(


Sorry to hear. :(

Good luck with your other schollies.

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:31 pm

mellow wrote:Couldn't get a deposit deadline extension (email was one of the nicest I've received though) so Duke's no longer an option for me. It was a difficult decision because Duke gave me $$ and the only reason I don't want to deposit now is because I'm waiting to hear about scholarships from other schools.

It's really too bad they don't allow multiple first deposits :(


Yeah, it sucks that they have such a restrictive policy to enroll but when you're on the other side of the fence, I think it's really thoughtful of them to try to keep class sizes so small.

I too received an email response to my extension plea and it was a really sweet and considerate reply. Dean Hoye is definitely the best admissions dean. He told me exactly what I didn't want to read and I still felt all warm and fuzzy reading it. Shame I won't be going.

.
.
.

Oh wait.... :mrgreen:

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 pm

retaking23 wrote:
mellow wrote:Couldn't get a deposit deadline extension (email was one of the nicest I've received though) so Duke's no longer an option for me. It was a difficult decision because Duke gave me $$ and the only reason I don't want to deposit now is because I'm waiting to hear about scholarships from other schools.

It's really too bad they don't allow multiple first deposits :(


Yeah, it sucks that they have such a restrictive policy to enroll but when you're on the other side of the fence, I think it's really thoughtful of them to try to keep class sizes so small.

I too received an email response to my extension plea and it was a really sweet and considerate reply. Dean Hoye is definitely the best admissions dean. He told me exactly what I didn't want to read and I still felt all warm and fuzzy reading it. Shame I won't be going.

.
.
.

Oh wait.... :mrgreen:


So you are heading to Durham this fall?

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:45 pm

Withdrew early last week, should free up a chunk of cash for everyone still trying to get more. Best of luck! :D

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:59 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Withdrew early last week, should free up a chunk of cash for everyone still trying to get more. Best of luck! :D


I'll take some. Thanks! :)

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:22 pm

I've found myself forwarding my family things that aren't interesting enough to typically merit an email solely as a means of breaking in my shiny new @duke.edu address. It's the most expensive email address I've ever had.

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:I've found myself forwarding my family things that aren't interesting enough to typically merit an email solely as a means of breaking in my shiny new @duke.edu address. It's the most expensive email address I've ever had.


Flaunt dat email. 8)

No shame

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:41 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
retaking23 wrote:
mellow wrote:Couldn't get a deposit deadline extension (email was one of the nicest I've received though) so Duke's no longer an option for me. It was a difficult decision because Duke gave me $$ and the only reason I don't want to deposit now is because I'm waiting to hear about scholarships from other schools.

It's really too bad they don't allow multiple first deposits :(


Yeah, it sucks that they have such a restrictive policy to enroll but when you're on the other side of the fence, I think it's really thoughtful of them to try to keep class sizes so small.

I too received an email response to my extension plea and it was a really sweet and considerate reply. Dean Hoye is definitely the best admissions dean. He told me exactly what I didn't want to read and I still felt all warm and fuzzy reading it. Shame I won't be going.

.
.
.

Oh wait.... :mrgreen:


So you are heading to Durham this fall?


Sure am! Sent that enrollment form in via FedEx overnight to book that seat!

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:43 pm

retaking23 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
retaking23 wrote:
mellow wrote:Couldn't get a deposit deadline extension (email was one of the nicest I've received though) so Duke's no longer an option for me. It was a difficult decision because Duke gave me $$ and the only reason I don't want to deposit now is because I'm waiting to hear about scholarships from other schools.

It's really too bad they don't allow multiple first deposits :(


Yeah, it sucks that they have such a restrictive policy to enroll but when you're on the other side of the fence, I think it's really thoughtful of them to try to keep class sizes so small.

I too received an email response to my extension plea and it was a really sweet and considerate reply. Dean Hoye is definitely the best admissions dean. He told me exactly what I didn't want to read and I still felt all warm and fuzzy reading it. Shame I won't be going.

.
.
.

Oh wait.... :mrgreen:


So you are heading to Durham this fall?


Sure am! Sent that enrollment form in via FedEx overnight to book that seat!


Nice, congrats! You should let the c/o 2017 thread know. We gotta keep up with HLS.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:07 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
retaking23 wrote:
Sure am! Sent that enrollment form in via FedEx overnight to book that seat!


Nice, congrats! You should let the c/o 2017 thread know. We gotta keep up with HLS.


Yes. Do this. Split knows what's important.

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby gta » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:39 pm

Looking for some info: If anyone has used a CCN scholarship offer to negotiate with Duke, I would appreciate a PM about how it went. Thanks!

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby drawstring » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:49 pm

PM sent.

I let the deadline pass without depositing, so I won't be attending Duke with y'all this fall.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:53 pm

drawstring wrote:PM sent.

I let the deadline pass without depositing, so I won't be attending Duke with y'all this fall.


Good luck with whatever you wind up deciding to do next year :)

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby drawstring » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 pm

You too Katy!

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:18 am

Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:52 am

lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!



Ooooooh congrats!!

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8768
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:09 am

OliveBC wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!



Ooooooh congrats!!


Woo, welcome :D

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 am

lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats!! Did you deposit at 2 am? lol

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:48 am

lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats!!! :)

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:09 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats!! Did you deposit at 2 am? lol


Haha no, but just remembered to post at 2am :lol:

mydasmarie
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby mydasmarie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:13 pm

lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!


glad/honored to have you on board lol

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2245
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:17 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Deposited, and NYU screwed me over. I am
Officially a dookie!!!!!!!!!!!


Congrats!! Did you deposit at 2 am? lol


Haha no, but just remembered to post at 2am :lol:


:lol:

bkraut1
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:32 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby bkraut1 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Checking in. Recently accepted this past week. Seeing as Duke was one of my top choices I'm almost certain that I'll be attending in the fall.

Has anyone had any luck negotiating aid with Duke? If so, what offers did they entertain/not entertain seriously?

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:19 pm

So where is everyone as far as housing goes? Has anyone reserved anything?

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:21 pm

lawschool22 wrote:So where is everyone as far as housing goes? Has anyone reserved anything?


Not yet. Hoping to head up there in a few weeks and get something locked down at Pinnacle Ridge.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests