Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

mjr.don
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby mjr.don » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:10 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
lsprospect2013 wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed earlier, but is there a roommate database somewhere? I heard at ASW that there was some sort of roommate finder/matchmaker list for previous classes to use where you can input your desired location and see if anyone is interested in sharing an apartment. I believe they said it was through the Facebook group, but I couldn't find a 2017 Facebook group. Thanks for the help!


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aoa9lT0cAt4MdFp4SzlQZ1E2LXlMRUhxUzNNZ3VJU0E#gid=0



https://www.facebook.com/groups/dukelaw2017/

mjr.don
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby mjr.don » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:16 pm

Just for fun and b/c there's no poll currently, can we get a poll for where people are considering living: Pinnacle Ridge, Alexan Garrett, etc., other?

User avatar
Stubbazubba
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Stubbazubba » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 am

Dean Hoye got back to me Monday, said the scholarship committee would reconsider my offer early this week so I could decide before the 11th deadline (yes, that's the summer start deadline). No final response yet. I'm super nervous.

ec24
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby ec24 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I wonder when mine will be reconsidered... my deadlines are a few weeks away, but I would love an answer now so I can plan ahead!

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby waddle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:41 pm

ec24 wrote:I wonder when mine will be reconsidered... my deadlines are a few weeks away, but I would love an answer now so I can plan ahead!


Same : /

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby drawstring » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Anyone who appealed 2+ week ago not gotten a yes/no back?

User avatar
Stubbazubba
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Stubbazubba » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:03 am

drawstring wrote:Anyone who appealed 2+ week ago not gotten a yes/no back?


I sent mine in almost 2 weeks ago, Dean Hoye got back to me Monday saying they'd have the committee look at it again with all my offers and email me a response "early this week" so I can make the 4/11 deposit deadline for summer start. Still nothing. I'm freaking out.

USMarineLaw
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby USMarineLaw » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:19 am

Received a consideration email on Monday after sending a scholarship negotiation email. At least I'm not the only one...

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 am

Stubbazubba wrote:
drawstring wrote:Anyone who appealed 2+ week ago not gotten a yes/no back?


I sent mine in almost 2 weeks ago, Dean Hoye got back to me Monday saying they'd have the committee look at it again with all my offers and email me a response "early this week" so I can make the 4/11 deposit deadline for summer start. Still nothing. I'm freaking out.


You may consider calling. I have *heard* that can speed things up.

User avatar
Stubbazubba
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:17 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Stubbazubba » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Got back today on my appeal. Not a huge bump, but a bump nonetheless. Also, seat deposit deadline extended, but not needed. Submitted.

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:48 am

Durham-bound this fall. One of the tougher decisions I've had to make, but glad this process is over. Let's go Duke!

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby gta » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

My decision is in Duke's hands now as I wait on a response to my scholarship appeal. It feels like waiting for the email from LSAC to see my LSAT score.

mjr.don
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby mjr.don » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 pm

gta wrote:My decision is in Duke's hands now as I wait on a response to my scholarship appeal. It feels like waiting for the email from LSAC to see my LSAT score.


+1

The suspense is killing me!

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby waddle » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm still waiting on even a confirmation that they received mine - which was two weeks ago. Tried even calling. Notta.

Duke slipping for me.

tinder game 2 strong
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby tinder game 2 strong » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:17 pm

waddle wrote:I'm still waiting on even a confirmation that they received mine - which was two weeks ago. Tried even calling. Notta.

Duke slipping for me.

lol come on

lawschoolgal90
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschoolgal90 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Officially withdrawn :(. This was a toughie

thywizardofwit
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby thywizardofwit » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:01 pm

So I was reading the intent to enroll sheet we are supposed to send back and it says to certify that you've withdrawn from all other schools. Is double depositing not an option or is this just standard everywhere? How would they even enforce this?

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby gta » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:37 am

What all do I need to submit in order to be deposited, etc.? The above poster mentioned an "Intent to Enroll" sheet. I see a scholarship contract (1 page with required signature) and a letter from Dean Hoye accompanying the contract (2 pages with required signature) that I was planning to send back. Are there additional form(s) that I somehow overlooked somewhere?

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby mellow » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:41 am

gta wrote:What all do I need to submit in order to be deposited, etc.? The above poster mentioned an "Intent to Enroll" sheet. I see a scholarship contract (1 page with required signature) and a letter from Dean Hoye accompanying the contract (2 pages with required signature) that I was planning to send back. Are there additional form(s) that I somehow overlooked somewhere?

Not sure about forms, but on the website for admitted students, it says when you deposit, you are intending to enroll in Duke and must withdraw from all other schools.

InChrist1616
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby InChrist1616 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 am

Any summer starters? PM me :)

User avatar
aldiddy
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby aldiddy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:12 am

thywizardofwit wrote:So I was reading the intent to enroll sheet we are supposed to send back and it says to certify that you've withdrawn from all other schools. Is double depositing not an option or is this just standard everywhere? How would they even enforce this?


I would like to know this...

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby drawstring » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm

I wish Duke would get back to me with their decision on my appeal. It's been almost a month now.....

gta
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby gta » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm

drawstring wrote:I wish Duke would get back to me with their decision on my appeal. It's been almost a month now.....


I sent mine last Tuesday (4/8) and heard back today without any follow-up from me. I did include that I had a deposit deadline at another school of 4/15, though.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm

Hey OP, can we get a poll on where people are living?

Shortterm12
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Shortterm12 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Has anyone had success negotiating twice? I received my "revised offer" which did not really come close to the other offer I showed them. Duke would be a great place to be. Thanks!




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests