Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

YouGoGlenCoCo
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Logged in to check on my scholarship status and my application no longer has a "Current Status" nor a "Current Status Date." All of my mailings have remained the same and nothing indicates that a scholarship offer was mailed out to me.

This change happened in the last hour and a half too, as that was when I last checked my status (I know I have a problem). I have no idea what this means but it is weird...

thywizardofwit
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby thywizardofwit » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:Logged in to check on my scholarship status and my application no longer has a "Current Status" nor a "Current Status Date." All of my mailings have remained the same and nothing indicates that a scholarship offer was mailed out to me.

This change happened in the last hour and a half too, as that was when I last checked my status (I know I have a problem). I have no idea what this means but it is weird...


+1

User avatar
Plainsman11011
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Plainsman11011 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:42 pm

Same here. Really wish Duke would send me something....

YouGoGlenCoCo
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:I have no idea what this means but it is weird...


I want to rescind this comment. I know exactly what this means. I'll now be checking my status every 15 minutes instead of every hour and a half. It's not like I have finals to study for. *shakes fist at Duke*

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby waddle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:39 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:
YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:I have no idea what this means but it is weird...


I want to rescind this comment. I know exactly what this means. I'll now be checking my status every 15 minutes instead of every hour and a half. It's not like I have finals to study for. *shakes fist at Duke*


I'm guessing it means an update is on the way?

Man, I'm still sitting at my scholarship was received as my last update *headdesk*

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Leo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Decision mailed just now. Also had the weird status update earlier.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Jessasaurus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Scholarship mailed 3/13!!! So I guess they are sending out the next batch tomorrow!

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm

When did you all go complete (originally) and when did you all submit the scholly form?

YouGoGlenCoCo
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Leo wrote:Decision mailed just now. Also had the weird status update earlier.


I'm still waiting…now I'm checking it every 10 minutes though. I blame you for this Leo.

User avatar
Leo
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Leo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:58 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:When did you all go complete (originally) and when did you all submit the scholly form?

Complete early November. Priority track. Submitted scholly form late January.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Jessasaurus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:When did you all go complete (originally) and when did you all submit the scholly form?


10/10 acceptance, 1/13 scholly form received

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby t14splitter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Accepted early September, scholarship form received early January, scholarship mailed yesterday (3/11)

fiji
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby fiji » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:11 pm

Exciting news! So it seems like they're sending out scholarships based on original acceptance date and not based on when they received the scholarship form. Blah

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:39 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:When did you all go complete (originally) and when did you all submit the scholly form?


PT complete 1/6, scholarship form 1/21.

User avatar
Jessasaurus
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Jessasaurus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:14 pm

I do, however, really wish they would send out scholarships by email....regular mail is too slow for me.

Chekhov'sGun
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Chekhov'sGun » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Jessasaurus wrote:I do, however, really wish they would send out scholarships by email....regular mail is too slow for me.


+1

Snail mail seems to be an odd choice considering how efficient the rest of the admission process has been. PT was so amazing though that I feel bad complaining about having to wait a few days for scholarship info.

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby lawschool22 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:26 pm

Decision mailed. Went complete early November.

I'm definitely thinking they're going by complete date.

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby waddle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm not so sure - someone mentioned getting theirs mailed and PT complete in January. I went PT complete in November and still no scholly mailed.

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby drawstring » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Nothing here yet.

Went PT complete within the first few days of November but didn't send my $ app until early February.

User avatar
fleurdelis2
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby fleurdelis2 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:42 pm

.
Last edited by fleurdelis2 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YouGoGlenCoCo
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby YouGoGlenCoCo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:48 pm

It seems like based off recent scholarships sent out this demonstrates that despite Duke saying they are doing this process according to some set of criterion, really it is a combination of different criteria, which are considered in some unpredictable fashion making it virtually impossible to derive any principled basis for their methodology rendering any prognostications baseless at best.

Oh wait, I just described the entire law school applications process.

User avatar
barrelofmonkeys
Posts: 1906
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:50 pm

YouGoGlenCoCo wrote:It seems like based off recent scholarships sent out this demonstrates that despite Duke saying they are doing this process according to some set of criterion, really it is a combination of different criteria, which are considered in some unpredictable fashion making it virtually impossible to derive any principled basis for their methodology rendering any prognostications baseless at best.

Oh wait, I just described the entire law school applications process.


:roll:

fiji
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby fiji » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm really excited to see the types of offers Duke is giving this year. Top 10, great clerkship placement, amazing weather, ridiculously cheap COL (and did you SEE the gorgeous housing options), and uhh really good southern food (I love ribs and brisket).... what's not to love. All I need is some $$$, please!

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Accepted Mid-Jan and sent in my stuff 1/27, scholarship info mailed today 3-13.

Big Money, Big Money, No whammies....

Edit: I don't know the date.

User avatar
first_doom
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby first_doom » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Scholly being shipped off tomorrow!

Early Jan. submit, mid Jan. decision, and I think I emailed my scholarship form on 1/31.
Come on big $$$! And good luck to the rest of y'all.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest