Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8868
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Hahalollawl wrote:This might be a silly question, but are people bringing laptops with them tomorrow? Or a notebook or something? Not sure how serious the stuff is...


I was wondering the same thing but decided bring a laptop and notebook Wed/Fri (as we have LRW classes, an IT presentation, and our second brief due) and nothing Tues/Thurs (because I don't see anything on the schedule for which they would be necessary).

Hahalollawl
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Hahalollawl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Serett wrote:
Hahalollawl wrote:This might be a silly question, but are people bringing laptops with them tomorrow? Or a notebook or something? Not sure how serious the stuff is...


I was wondering the same thing but decided bring a laptop and notebook Wed/Fri (as we have LRW classes, an IT presentation, and our second brief due) and nothing Tues/Thurs (because I don't see anything on the schedule for which they would be necessary).


I read the assigned reading for tomorrow, but didn't print it out, so if I don't bring a laptop/iPad I won't have access to a copy of it except through my phone I guess. Not that I'll necessarily NEED to access that reading...also not sure how serious the exercise and lecture tomorrow are, but probably not very serious right?

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8868
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:07 pm

It's not for a graded course, so it's not important :wink:

IMO, but seriously.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Hahalollawl wrote:
Serett wrote:
Hahalollawl wrote:This might be a silly question, but are people bringing laptops with them tomorrow? Or a notebook or something? Not sure how serious the stuff is...


I was wondering the same thing but decided bring a laptop and notebook Wed/Fri (as we have LRW classes, an IT presentation, and our second brief due) and nothing Tues/Thurs (because I don't see anything on the schedule for which they would be necessary).


I read the assigned reading for tomorrow, but didn't print it out, so if I don't bring a laptop/iPad I won't have access to a copy of it except through my phone I guess. Not that I'll necessarily NEED to access that reading...also not sure how serious the exercise and lecture tomorrow are, but probably not very serious right?


This is where being a female comes in handy. I printed out the exercise and I'm going to throw that and a small notebook in my purse. You could always print it out and put it in your pocket I guess? Either way, I can't imagine that it'll be that serious tomorrow.

I think Wednesday I'm going to bring a laptop/backpack. New silly question- Are you guys printing out your case briefs? handwriting? I didn't get the impression that we're actually turning in the brief, so I wanted to handwrite if that's the case, but I wasn't sure.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8868
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:29 pm

I'd say I'm almost certain they're solely for the exercise, not to be turned in. Unlike the first brief, there's no Sakai submission set up, and it's also not for a graded course. If they wanted to treat it the same as before (where lack of submission also did not matter, even so), they'd likely have simply done it the same way. I expect Blocher to lecture on it with an eye toward proper briefing, but nothing more and no collection. Personally, I'll just bring an electronic copy of my brief my laptop, which I'll have anyway for LRW that day (and because I prefer typing to handwriting; I'll be shocked if the format matters whatsoever).

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm


User avatar
JingoFett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby JingoFett » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Serett wrote:Personally, I'll just bring an electronic copy of my brief my laptop, which I'll have anyway for LRW that day (and because I prefer typing to handwriting; I'll be shocked if the format matters whatsoever).


My LARW professor doesnt allow laptops. Looks like its back to spiral notebooks :roll:

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:39 pm

JingoFett wrote:
Serett wrote:Personally, I'll just bring an electronic copy of my brief my laptop, which I'll have anyway for LRW that day (and because I prefer typing to handwriting; I'll be shocked if the format matters whatsoever).


My LARW professor doesnt allow laptops. Looks like its back to spiral notebooks :roll:


We must be in the same section...

Thankfully I bought a notebook today.

User avatar
JingoFett
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby JingoFett » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:53 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
We must be in the same section...

Thankfully I bought a notebook today.


I'm just gonna roll with a legal pad until Monday. The total reading is 50+ pages, which seems like a lot more than the other sections

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 pm

JingoFett wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
We must be in the same section...

Thankfully I bought a notebook today.


I'm just gonna roll with a legal pad until Monday. The total reading is 50+ pages, which seems like a lot more than the other sections


No computers allowed in 2 classes so far (including LARW), with the others still unknown. Not looking great for my OneNote organizational plans.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 pm

So tired of waiting... Let's hope for tomorrow.


Image

(source video for the uninitiated)

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8868
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:34 pm

The internet keeps telling me that Bojangles closes at 10, but I don't want to believe it.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:48 pm


User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby PB&J.D. » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:04 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:Today I fucked up... by not seeing this sooner... :(
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/08/18/4079627_mellow-mushroom-pizza-for-250.html?rh=1

I completely forgot about this :(

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8868
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 pm

First I've heard of it. Goddammit.

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:44 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:Today I fucked up... by not seeing this sooner... :(
http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/08/18/4079627_mellow-mushroom-pizza-for-250.html?rh=1

:shock:

That sucks.

User avatar
06102016
Posts: 13466
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby 06102016 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:57 pm

..

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 am

loan refund sitting in my bank account holllaaaaaa

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm


User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU :D


That's the weirdest video I've ever seen...

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:53 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU :D

How on God's green earth does that have almost 13 million views?

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Jules239 wrote:
WhereIsMyMind wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU :D

How on God's green earth does that have almost 13 million views?

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:01 pm

carolinainmymind wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
WhereIsMyMind wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU :D

How on God's green earth does that have almost 13 million views?

haha :D

User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby PB&J.D. » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:10 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bdeizHM9OU :D

Nothing about this was okay :shock:




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests