Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:56 pm

While we're on the topic of computers, this is a friendly PSA to remember to get your plan for a back-up. My plan is to auto back-up my school work folder to my cloud-drive of choice (Dropbox) and have an external hard-drive as a periodic local back-up for everything. Whatever you do, save yourself the stress of having to go through a catastrophic computer failure the first week of December. **knock on wood**

Also, you can set-up Microsoft OneNote to auto sync your entire notebook to their SkyDrive.

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:45 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
carolinainmymind wrote:Moving in Pinnacle Ridge Saturday. Anyone want to help unload a few things Saturday? Beer and thanks will await you.


What time are you moving and do you still need another set of hands?


Still would welcome help! Getting there probably mid-afternoon, maybe 2-3. I'll PM you.

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby racrfish » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:14 pm

Lots of people moving in to Pinnacle today!

Btw, if you're in Durham now/coming in the next few days, cherish this cooler weather. Normally at this time of year we're hitting at least 100 degrees every day, so this is pretty miraculous.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:05 pm

racrfish wrote:Lots of people moving in to Pinnacle today!

Btw, if you're in Durham now/coming in the next few days, cherish this cooler weather. Normally at this time of year we're hitting at least 100 degrees every day, so this is pretty miraculous.


I was kind of bummed. I really wanted to get some pool time in before classes start. Although, it did make for nice running weather.

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby racrfish » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:03 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
racrfish wrote:Lots of people moving in to Pinnacle today!

Btw, if you're in Durham now/coming in the next few days, cherish this cooler weather. Normally at this time of year we're hitting at least 100 degrees every day, so this is pretty miraculous.


I was kind of bummed. I really wanted to get some pool time in before classes start. Although, it did make for nice running weather.


I'm sure it will be back to the usual heat next week when you have to be dressed up for LEAD week :wink:

And the weeks after that. Well into September, really. Fall doesn't start here until Halloween.

User avatar
MrSebastian
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:08 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby MrSebastian » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Just moved into Pinnacle! What number buildings are ya'll in?

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:55 am

I just realized that we don't get Labor Day off. That's a bummer. :|

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:04 am

Also, schedules are up on ACES.

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:11 am

SplitMyPants wrote:Also, schedules are up on ACES.


:D Section 4 here

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am

WhereIsMyMind wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:Also, schedules are up on ACES.


:D Section 4 here


Section 5 for me

edit: This post put me to 666. Let's hope this isn't indicative of the semester to come...

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Hrm. I'm in Section 2 for 2 of my classes and Section 5 for one of my classes(?)

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby racrfish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 pm

KatyMarie wrote:Hrm. I'm in Section 2 for 2 of my classes and Section 5 for one of my classes(?)


I think you're looking at the course section, you have to look here to see your overall section. http://law.duke.edu/curriculum/schedulefall2014

Where it says "small section 2" or "sections 2 and 6" under the class.

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:08 pm

racrfish wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Hrm. I'm in Section 2 for 2 of my classes and Section 5 for one of my classes(?)


I think you're looking at the course section, you have to look here to see your overall section. http://law.duke.edu/curriculum/schedulefall2014

Where it says "small section 2" or "sections 2 and 6" under the class.


Whoops. That's exactly what I did. Thanks for clearing that up!

User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby PB&J.D. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:36 pm

. . .
Last edited by PB&J.D. on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Book prices :cry:

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Jules239 wrote:Book prices :cry:


Hey, at least they'll be a useful thing that you can save forever, though. Right? ....

Right?!

:roll:

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:21 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
Jules239 wrote:Book prices :cry:


Hey, at least they'll be a useful thing that you can save forever, though. Right? ....

Right?!

:roll:


Just bought my Con Law book on Amazon for 7 bucks ( Duke bookstore is selling it used for $146). Happy dance.

OP where is our poll?

bluebonnetss
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby bluebonnetss » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm able to see my schedule, but not the books I need for the classes? What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by bluebonnetss on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8721
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:39 pm

PB&J.D. wrote:Section 6


^^^That.

User avatar
PB&J.D.
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby PB&J.D. » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Serett wrote:
PB&J.D. wrote:Section 6


^^^That.


Yeah buddy

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8721
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

bluebonnetss wrote:I'm able to see my schedule, but not the books I need for the classes? What am I doing wrong?


Textbooks were available for two of my classes but not the third.

1. Log into ACES
2. Under the Academics section and below the class schedule grid, there's a link that for "enrollment book bag"
3. After clicking, scroll down the next page and select the new link "view textbooks for my courses"

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:45 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:OP where is our poll?


On it!

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:57 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:
Just bought my Con Law book on Amazon for 7 bucks ( Duke bookstore is selling it used for $146). Happy dance.


I didn't do quite that well, but buying all NEW from Amazon saved me $0.25 relative to buying all USED from the bookstore.

Still spent an arm and a leg, though... :? :shock:

racrfish
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby racrfish » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:00 pm

bluebonnetss wrote:I'm able to see my schedule, but not the books I need for the classes? What am I doing wrong?



Go here, put in your classes and sections to get your books: http://www.dukestores.duke.edu/textbook.php

johnjay
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby johnjay » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:45 pm

.
Last edited by johnjay on Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest