Duke Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
2
15%
Kind of freaked out.
1
8%
Freaked out...
2
15%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
6
46%
My dad's a named partner, so...
2
15%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8819
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 pm

KatyMarie wrote:
Serett wrote:I won a wrestling match with the DukeCard submission program tonight.


Oh Right. I still need to submit my picture. Every time a situation like this comes up, I'm always tempted to do something weird, like put a temporary mike tyson style tattoo on my face just to see if they'll print it.


I was getting annoyed with the cropping application and temporarily selected just my nose. The urge to submit it was overwhelming.

Protip: Take a fairly zoomed out photo of yourself. If you try to take a photo containing only the area they want (head/shoulders), it'll be too large. If you think, "why on earth would that be a problem? I can just resize it in Paint!," their submission application will balloon your photo back to its initial resolution regardless.

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:58 am

FYI - received my parking pass in the mail yesterday. Apparently they do hanging tags instead of stickers.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

carolinainmymind wrote:FYI - received my parking pass in the mail yesterday. Apparently they do hanging tags instead of stickers.


Good to know. I prefer hangers. Stickers are a mess to get off in my experience.

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8819
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Finally here, but it's a touch damp at the moment.

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Serett wrote:Finally here, but it's a touch damp at the moment.

Yah, the weather has sucked here so far. I don't expect it to get better any time soon.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:30 pm

your avatar... :lol:

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 pm

OliveBC wrote:your avatar... :lol:

Haha I have problems.

<3

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

I guess being a lurker was not helping me find a drinking buddy. Is anyone around and bored? Even if you don’t drink we could, idk, go see the lemurs? lol when the most fun you've had during the past few days was going to Walmart, then things are getting serious..

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Serett wrote:Finally here, but it's a touch damp at the moment.


Benvenido :D

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Can't wait to move on Monday! We should do a Pinnacle Ridge poolside cook-out or at least a meet-up of some sort next week. Of course, any and all should come.

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:Can't wait to move on Monday! We should do a Pinnacle Ridge poolside cook-out or at least a meet-up of some sort next week. Of course, any and all should come.


Yay! I'm not in Pinnacle but I'm pretty sure I'm still your neighbor. Everything is so damn close.. :lol:

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 pm

About this Duke card photo people have been mentioning, someone care to point me in the right direction with this? Did you guys get emails to submit a photo? I haven't received anything and I feel all left out :( just plain stupid :lol:
Last edited by retaking23 on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 pm

retaking23 wrote:About this Duke card photo people have been mentioning, someone care to point me in the right direction with this? Did you guys get emails to submit a photo? I haven't received anything and I feel all left out :(


"DukeCard: The DukeCard is your primary form of campus identification and will provide access to university facilities and function as a debit card for on-campus purchases and off-campus food delivery. Please complete the DukeCard application, (which can be found here) before Friday, August 8; cards will be delivered to the Law School and available on Tuesday, August 19 when you arrive. Please be advised the photograph you upload for your DukeCard will be used for Duke Law School’s online student directory. For more information about the DukeCard, please see their website."

http://dco3.auxserv.duke.edu/myfirstdukecard/

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:
retaking23 wrote:About this Duke card photo people have been mentioning, someone care to point me in the right direction with this? Did you guys get emails to submit a photo? I haven't received anything and I feel all left out :(


"DukeCard: The DukeCard is your primary form of campus identification and will provide access to university facilities and function as a debit card for on-campus purchases and off-campus food delivery. Please complete the DukeCard application, (which can be found here) before Friday, August 8; cards will be delivered to the Law School and available on Tuesday, August 19 when you arrive. Please be advised the photograph you upload for your DukeCard will be used for Duke Law School’s online student directory. For more information about the DukeCard, please see their website."

http://dco3.auxserv.duke.edu/myfirstdukecard/


<3

did you get this info via email?

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:18 pm

retaking23 wrote:
WhereIsMyMind wrote:
retaking23 wrote:About this Duke card photo people have been mentioning, someone care to point me in the right direction with this? Did you guys get emails to submit a photo? I haven't received anything and I feel all left out :(


"DukeCard: The DukeCard is your primary form of campus identification and will provide access to university facilities and function as a debit card for on-campus purchases and off-campus food delivery. Please complete the DukeCard application, (which can be found here) before Friday, August 8; cards will be delivered to the Law School and available on Tuesday, August 19 when you arrive. Please be advised the photograph you upload for your DukeCard will be used for Duke Law School’s online student directory. For more information about the DukeCard, please see their website."

http://dco3.auxserv.duke.edu/myfirstdukecard/


<3

did you get this info via email?


Yes! I'm gonna send you the whole thing.

User avatar
retaking23
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby retaking23 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm

So, in light of the fact that winter is coming, I've started carefully reading over past correspondence from Duke and, unless my eyes deceive me, we are supposed to get some "additional readings" and more material to brief this week of July 29, and class schedules and assignments next week. (How fun!)

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:Can't wait to move on Monday! We should do a Pinnacle Ridge poolside cook-out or at least a meet-up of some sort next week. Of course, any and all should come.

I def want to do this or maybe a poker night. I'll be gone in Myrtle Beach during the week, though. We should schedule something for the weekend.

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby SplitMyPants » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:49 am

Jules239 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:Can't wait to move on Monday! We should do a Pinnacle Ridge poolside cook-out or at least a meet-up of some sort next week. Of course, any and all should come.

I def want to do this or maybe a poker night. I'll be gone in Myrtle Beach during the week, though. We should schedule something for the weekend.


A poker night is a great idea!

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:35 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:Can't wait to move on Monday! We should do a Pinnacle Ridge poolside cook-out or at least a meet-up of some sort next week. Of course, any and all should come.

I def want to do this or maybe a poker night. I'll be gone in Myrtle Beach during the week, though. We should schedule something for the weekend.


A poker night is a great idea!

K. I'm thinking ~5 people and obviously texas hold em. I have a poker set and I'm down to host. 8)

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:27 pm

ugh I want to participate in poker night why am I not getting back until the 11th :cry:

User avatar
KatyMarie
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby KatyMarie » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:50 pm

OliveBC wrote:ugh I want to participate in poker night why am I not getting back until the 11th :cry:


I don't get there until the 15th :( I'd love to do something that sunday or monday before orientation though!

User avatar
WhereIsMyMind
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby WhereIsMyMind » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:52 pm

I’m useless. I can’t play poker. But I can make Brazilian caipirinhas. :D

FluffMonster
Posts: 2205
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby FluffMonster » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:15 pm

WhereIsMyMind wrote:I’m useless. I can’t play poker. But I can make Brazilian caipirinhas. :D

Had to look this up. You are def invited as official bartender. Haha seriously, though, poker is pretty easy to get the hang of.

Eta: Olive, we can do it again and we'll be hostesses with the mostesses. :wink:

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Jules239 wrote:Eta: Olive, we can do it again and we'll be hostesses with the mostesses. :wink:


:D

User avatar
Serett
Posts: 8819
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Postby Serett » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:29 pm

I'm all-in for poker (hardy-fucking-har), although I'm also not too experienced with it.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest