Duke Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

How's everyone feeling?

Super freaked out.
27%
Kind of freaked out.
7%
Freaked out...
13%
Thinking I should've been a blacksmith.
40%
My dad's a named partner, so...
13%

Total votes: 15

SplitMyPants

Gold

Re: Duke Class of 2017

Post by SplitMyPants » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:28 am

If you put off buying books, and just slowly buy one every other day or so as you get up the courage to spend dat ca$h, it's cheaper that way... right? :?

Serett

Post by Serett » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:30 am

carolinainmymind wrote:
Serett wrote:
carolinainmymind wrote:
Serett wrote:I saved up for my first year of living expenses, so I need the loan money less than I need to stop buying things.*

*But I totally needed new rear speakers because they didn't match the impedance on my receiver! And I had to try Chick Fil-A, Bojangles, PDQ, and Church's Chicken at least once...okay, maybe three times for Bojangles... :roll:
Bojangles, so good. Can't resist.
And I live right freaking next to the one by Lowes. It's so cheap, too. ~$6.25 for a breast and wing, fries, biscuit, and drink?!
gta wrote:
Serett wrote:I saved up for my first year of living expenses, so I need the loan money less than I need to stop buying things.*

*But I totally needed new rear speakers because they didn't match the impedance on my receiver! And I had to try Chick Fil-A, Bojangles, PDQ, and Church's Chicken at least once...okay, maybe three times for Bojangles... :roll:
Cook-Out was the local place that I had to check out right away. Delicious. Probably not good that they have one so close to Pinnacle Ridge...
Guess I'm not laying off yet :lol:
Cook-Out is so cheap, too. Their prices don't even make sense.
*checks*

:shock:

KatyMarie

Silver

Post by KatyMarie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:38 am

retaking23 wrote:Ok, I'm pretty sure my financial aid was/is being disbursed. Under bursar info in aces, under the account activity tab, I have a negative balance which is the amount that should be wired to my bank for living expenses, right???

I suppose I'll call my bank in a bit just to confirm, but the point is, it's happening so give it until noon peeps.
Mine didn't post Friday, but I think a hold on that amount of money is normal. I'll call the bank on Monday if it doesn't post by then though.

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:05 am

KatyMarie wrote:
retaking23 wrote:Ok, I'm pretty sure my financial aid was/is being disbursed. Under bursar info in aces, under the account activity tab, I have a negative balance which is the amount that should be wired to my bank for living expenses, right???

I suppose I'll call my bank in a bit just to confirm, but the point is, it's happening so give it until noon peeps.
Mine didn't post Friday, but I think a hold on that amount of money is normal. I'll call the bank on Monday if it doesn't post by then though.
Some upperclassmen mentioned that their refund didn't clear until Wed of LEAD week last year. FYI

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:36 am

blink wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:

Some upperclassmen mentioned that their refund didn't clear until Wed of LEAD week last year. FYI

Eff that... :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aldiddy

Bronze

Post by aldiddy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:11 pm

What's everyone doing tonight? I'm trying to get a pregame going at my place at Pinnacle Ridge. I'd love to meet some more fellow classmates! Is anyone interested?

FluffMonster

Gold

Post by FluffMonster » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:17 pm

aldiddy wrote:What's everyone doing tonight? I'm trying to get a pregame going at my place at Pinnacle Ridge. I'd love to meet some more fellow classmates! Is anyone interested?
I think that most of us are going to Shooters. There's a group of us going at 10. You can lyft with us from Pinnacle.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:35 pm

Jules239 wrote:
aldiddy wrote:What's everyone doing tonight? I'm trying to get a pregame going at my place at Pinnacle Ridge. I'd love to meet some more fellow classmates! Is anyone interested?
I think that most of us are going to Shooters. There's a group of us going at 10. You can lyft with us from Pinnacle.
Party hardy 8)

FluffMonster

Gold

Post by FluffMonster » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:46 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
Party hardy 8)
..... that makes me not want to drink tonight.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Serett

Post by Serett » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Jules239 wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:
Jules239 wrote:
Party hardy 8)
..... that makes me not want to drink tonight.
+1

aldiddy

Bronze

Post by aldiddy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:23 pm

I'm game! Nothing going on before?

WhereIsMyMind

New

Post by WhereIsMyMind » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:49 pm

aldiddy wrote:I'm game! Nothing going on before?
Pre-game. But you need to bring a pack of Corona :D :D :D

KatyMarie

Silver

Post by KatyMarie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:22 am

Anything happening today? I'm finally moved in/settled in today. :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Serett

Post by Serett » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am

KatyMarie wrote:Anything happening today? I'm finally moved in/settled in today. :P
~30 of us are going to a Durham Bulls game this afternoon. It might be too late to get tickets with the rest of the group, but you can find details on the Facebook page, give them a call, and try. Alternatively/additionally, you could post hoping someone else might not go and offering to take their place in that case.

carolinainmymind

Bronze

Post by carolinainmymind » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Serett wrote:
KatyMarie wrote:Anything happening today? I'm finally moved in/settled in today. :P
~30 of us are going to a Durham Bulls game this afternoon. It might be too late to get tickets with the rest of the group, but you can find details on the Facebook page, give them a call, and try. Alternatively/additionally, you could post hoping someone else might not go and offering to take their place in that case.
Yeah, somehow I completely missed the Facebook post. Anyone know what section the group tickets are in? I could at least get some in the same section.

Serett

Post by Serett » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:22 pm

I'd just send a message to the person organizing it (or ask in the Comment thread on Facebook).

carolinainmymind

Bronze

Post by carolinainmymind » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Serett wrote:I'd just send a message to the person organizing it (or ask in the Comment thread on Facebook).
I had sent her a message. She actually had an extra ticket left, so that worked out pretty well. See y'all there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hahalollawl

Bronze

Post by Hahalollawl » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:18 pm

So attire for everything on Tuesday is business casual huh? Long sleeves and pants when it's probably gonna be blazing hot. Yay... any guys gonna be wearing a jacket?

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Hahalollawl wrote:So attire for everything on Tuesday is business casual huh? Long sleeves and pants when it's probably gonna be blazing hot. Yay... any guys gonna be wearing a jacket?
Something like this is TCR

HTH

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:56 pm

On a more serious note, though, there's no way in hell I'm wearing a jacket when it's 93 and raining...

Hahalollawl

Bronze

Post by Hahalollawl » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:01 pm

SplitMyPants wrote:On a more serious note, though, there's no way in hell I'm wearing a jacket when it's 93 and raining...
LOL what it's going to rain too? Wow, I don't want to be the only guy not wearing a jacket but I don't want to be ridiculously uncomfortable either...sheesh 93 with rain...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gta

Bronze

Post by gta » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 am

Hahalollawl wrote:
SplitMyPants wrote:On a more serious note, though, there's no way in hell I'm wearing a jacket when it's 93 and raining...
LOL what it's going to rain too? Wow, I don't want to be the only guy not wearing a jacket but I don't want to be ridiculously uncomfortable either...sheesh 93 with rain...
FWIW, the email that I got from my LEAD Fellow group leader person seemed to indicate that jackets weren't expected of the men. I am not planning to wear one on Tuesday.

Serett

Post by Serett » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:51 am

I won't have one, either. Business casual = button-down + dress pants to me.

SplitMyPants

Gold

Post by SplitMyPants » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Today I learned that women lawyers didn't exist until after 1950.

See: The County-Seat Lawyer

lol

Hahalollawl

Bronze

Post by Hahalollawl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 pm

This might be a silly question, but are people bringing laptops with them tomorrow? Or a notebook or something? Not sure how serious the stuff is...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”