UVA Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

Where will you be living during your 1L year?

Pavilion
7
15%
Ivy
5
11%
Jeffersonian
8
17%
Arlington Park Townhomes
4
9%
Arlington Court Condos
0
No votes
Graduate Centre
1
2%
University Place
2
4%
Landmark at Granite Park
0
No votes
Other
17
36%
Undecided
3
6%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
First Offense
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby First Offense » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 pm

kershka wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:Welcome to the group. Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you literally buy someone's waitlist position*, you're not going to get Jeffersonian.

This is what worries me the most about attending UVA. I really like the school but it would be a cross country move which is never fun to do blind. And all the good housing was already snapped up by people admitted in the fall. I'm interested in attending but I don't want to be stuck in a crappy living situation for all of 1L :(

There is plenty of good housing available, and Jeffersonian isn't out of the question. Check Craigslist, and Ivy, Pavilion, and other places on Arlington are always an option.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:06 pm

First Offense wrote:
kershka wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:Welcome to the group. Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you literally buy someone's waitlist position*, you're not going to get Jeffersonian.

This is what worries me the most about attending UVA. I really like the school but it would be a cross country move which is never fun to do blind. And all the good housing was already snapped up by people admitted in the fall. I'm interested in attending but I don't want to be stuck in a crappy living situation for all of 1L :(

There is plenty of good housing available, and Jeffersonian isn't out of the question. Check Craigslist, and Ivy, Pavilion, and other places on Arlington are always an option.


Very true. Many are not even considering Jeffersonian.

User avatar
Fiera
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Fiera » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 pm

kershka wrote:
Daily_Double wrote:Welcome to the group. Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you literally buy someone's waitlist position*, you're not going to get Jeffersonian.

This is what worries me the most about attending UVA. I really like the school but it would be a cross country move which is never fun to do blind. And all the good housing was already snapped up by people admitted in the fall. I'm interested in attending but I don't want to be stuck in a crappy living situation for all of 1L :(


I don't think you'll be in a crappy situation at all. Through my apartment-browsing I've been surprised by how nice and affordable housing is around C'ville, and there's so many options only a few miles away. I think there will definitely be something for you, you should check out the options online.

What is proving to be a pain is finding a roommate. The UVA fb page is eerily silent.

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby sl5uw13 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:17 am

yeahh jeffersonian might not be out because someone people who have numbers might not already have a roommate and are looking for one...

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:10 pm

Those are all great points. I guess that I'm just worried because I am probably not making my final commitment to any law school until the spring and housing is already going fast. Especially since most of my apartment hunting is going to be online.

But C'ville is much more reasonably priced than most of the areas that I am considering, so that certainly helps a lot :) Thanks guys, I feel a bit better about it all now.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:59 pm

I could be totally wrong but we haven't gotten any detailed info on the Admitted Students Open House yet have we?

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:20 am

OliveBC wrote:I could be totally wrong but we haven't gotten any detailed info on the Admitted Students Open House yet have we?


No. Just dates. Sadly I think I will only be able to make Friday and not Thursday afternoon =\.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am

RCO2012 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:I could be totally wrong but we haven't gotten any detailed info on the Admitted Students Open House yet have we?


No. Just dates. Sadly I think I will only be able to make Friday and not Thursday afternoon =\.


:( I should be able to make it both days, just curious about travel accommodations since I'll be coming from Indiana and would prefer to not have to drive 9 hours :lol: although I totally would if I had to...

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:23 pm

OliveBC wrote:
RCO2012 wrote:
OliveBC wrote:I could be totally wrong but we haven't gotten any detailed info on the Admitted Students Open House yet have we?


No. Just dates. Sadly I think I will only be able to make Friday and not Thursday afternoon =\.


:( I should be able to make it both days, just curious about travel accommodations since I'll be coming from Indiana and would prefer to not have to drive 9 hours :lol: although I totally would if I had to...


On the OP I posted some information under the travel section including getting to c-Ville and hotel accommodations. There is an airport pretty close to Charlottesville.

User avatar
OliveBC
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby OliveBC » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks RCO don't know how I missed that!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:42 pm

OliveBC wrote:Thanks RCO don't know how I missed that!


Not a problem.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Looks like the admitted students website is up. New information from UVA - check your emails!

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby t14splitter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:51 pm

RCO2012 wrote:Looks like the admitted students website is up. New information from UVA - check your emails!


Just got it. Thanks for the heads up!

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Specific ASW info too, for those interested.

--LinkRemoved--

SicSemperTyrannis
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby SicSemperTyrannis » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 pm

Just got the email as well - very nice site. Was wondering when it would be going up.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:Specific ASW info too, for those interested.

--LinkRemoved--


Saw that :). Glad I won't be missing too much by showing up on Friday.

carolinainmymind
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby carolinainmymind » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Checking in. Got in today! Won't be making a decision before scholarship info comes out, but excited because UVA is high on my list...

User avatar
t14splitter
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby t14splitter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:32 pm

It's cool that they subsidize travel to the ASW - I probably would visit anyway but it definitely makes a difference

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:38 pm

t14splitter wrote:It's cool that they subsidize travel to the ASW - I probably would visit anyway but it definitely makes a difference


Definitely!!

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:16 pm

carolinainmymind wrote:Checking in. Got in today! Won't be making a decision before scholarship info comes out, but excited because UVA is high on my list...


Welcome! Congrats again!

User avatar
albs18
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby albs18 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Checking in. admitted two days ago. Very excited about this one, top of my list.

dempsey6
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby dempsey6 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:11 pm

How do you get on the waitlist for Jeffersonian? Just by applying regular?

alinor
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:56 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby alinor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Checking in! Just got admitted today! Very excited to meet all of you at the open house :D

User avatar
kershka
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby kershka » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Just got my admission packet today. Very nice :D

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Gooner91 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 pm

kershka wrote:Just got my admission packet today. Very nice :D


Since you got into all the schools... Who had the nicest admission packet?




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests