UVA Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

Where will you be living during your 1L year?

Pavilion
7
15%
Ivy
5
11%
Jeffersonian
8
17%
Arlington Park Townhomes
4
9%
Arlington Court Condos
0
No votes
Graduate Centre
1
2%
University Place
2
4%
Landmark at Granite Park
0
No votes
Other
17
36%
Undecided
3
6%
 
Total votes: 47

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Daily_Double » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 pm

.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fiera
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Fiera » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:58 am

Daily_Double wrote:You're welcome. I once searched through the bowels of this website and rose with a variety of helpful and unhelpful information. The only relevant threads, in addition to the UVA one above, from this point onwards are below, you need to search NO LONGER.*

Compilation - OCI and Job Search Advice

TLS Collected Wisdom on Success in Law School

1L Exam Questions and Links

TheSeaLocust's Grand Municipal Guide to Outlining as a Study Method

Maybe you should drop out of law school

*This is a lie, there are many more helpful threads and posts that I don't feel like digging up. So happy hunting!


You are sooooo awesome for this goldmine. You and the search function are very well-acquainted. :P


kingjones59 wrote:Pav has definetely replaced Ivy as the "hub". Every single pregame I went to this semester (a lot) was at the pav. Should you personally live there? That's up to you. Everyone agrees it's overpriced, the per month parking is stupid, and the electrical bills are mysteriously abnormally high.

Also, living outside "the hub" will not change your social experience at all. I live driving distance away from the law school and just cab it. Believe it or not, you will want to avoid other law students at all costs at some times. Law school will become your life and it's tough to survive it without occasionally gaining some perspective. Can't do that by walking out of your room and running into other law students all the time


Hmmm, interesting. Do you find these all to be wealthy and/or scholarship students or do these people just not care they're paying double Ivy, haha. Would you mind sharing how much you paid in bills over there?

I definitely think people can be just fine socially living away from the "hub" like you and many other people said they have, but with a lazy socializer like me it actually makes a difference. I understand the whole, getting away sentiment though and the way in which it can be overwhelming. These are all things to consider as we weigh housing.

polkij333 wrote:I'm a pavilion shrill, but if you dont have the extra money, don't live in pavilion


Great! Could you share your experiences at Pav vs Ivy?

Daily_Double
Posts: 1035
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Daily_Double » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:29 pm

.
Last edited by Daily_Double on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:14 pm



LOL I'm not applying to Jeffersonian, and I'm still excited for you all.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Anybody in support of having a weekly ish chat open for admits now that there a decent amount on here?

zbollenb
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby zbollenb » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 am

So who all submitted their Jeffersionian app right at 12:00.01? I know I did!

User avatar
swampman
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:48 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby swampman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:13 pm

zbollenb wrote:So who all submitted their Jeffersionian app right at 12:00.01? I know I did!


Yep, 12:00:01. Wonder how they sort all of us..

RCO2012 wrote:Anybody in support of having a weekly ish chat open for admits now that there a decent amount on here?


Sure. Haven't really been following activity lately, how many of us are there? All ED or some RD trickling in too?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:46 pm

zbollenb wrote:So who all submitted their Jeffersionian app right at 12:00.01? I know I did!


I did and forgot the attachment. This doesn't bode well for something, but I'm not sure what yet.

zbollenb
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby zbollenb » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:49 pm

It looks like we will know our spot by friday.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:35 pm

swampman wrote:
zbollenb wrote:So who all submitted their Jeffersionian app right at 12:00.01? I know I did!


Yep, 12:00:01. Wonder how they sort all of us..

RCO2012 wrote:Anybody in support of having a weekly ish chat open for admits now that there a decent amount on here?


Sure. Haven't really been following activity lately, how many of us are there? All ED or some RD trickling in too?


Some RD.

User avatar
Fiera
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Fiera » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Wow you guys are submitting already.

And yeah, I'd be down if others are.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Any suggestions for days?

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby sl5uw13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:45 pm

so is a wait list number of 15 good or bad for jeffersonian?

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:so is a wait list number of 15 good or bad for jeffersonian?


Oh hi, I'm #16.

User avatar
McGruff
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby McGruff » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:02 pm

What time did you guys get your waitlist emails?

eta: just got it after posting this :)
Last edited by McGruff on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sl5uw13
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby sl5uw13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:17 pm

ohpobrecito wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:so is a wait list number of 15 good or bad for jeffersonian?


Oh hi, I'm #16.



oh hello there. haha I asked her and she said that they sometimes take up to 80 applications and last year she rented to number 51. so 15 and 16 are looking good. I got an email around 12:45

User avatar
Linen Walnut
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Linen Walnut » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Are they probably going in order from first to last? Still waiting to hear.

04102014
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:42 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby 04102014 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:17 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:
ohpobrecito wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:so is a wait list number of 15 good or bad for jeffersonian?


Oh hi, I'm #16.



oh hello there. haha I asked her and she said that they sometimes take up to 80 applications and last year she rented to number 51. so 15 and 16 are looking good. I got an email around 12:45


:P

That's exciting.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:24 pm

How dandy, Jeffersonian released its huge list of WL the same day UVA did :).

WahooLaw24
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby WahooLaw24 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:so is a wait list number of 15 good or bad for jeffersonian?



I think I was 15 last year, and I got a place fairly easily. I think up to around 40 or so you're fairly safe, but don't quote me on that last part.

SicSemperTyrannis
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 am

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby SicSemperTyrannis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Submitted also around 12 to the Jeffersonian but haven't heard anything back yet. Getting nervous...

User avatar
jjennyjj
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby jjennyjj » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Hello everyone! I also am an accepted student for the fall (deferred during last year's cycle). I am in the twenties on the waitlist for Jeffersonian, so hoping for the best for all of us. :)

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Gooner91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:44 pm

jjennyjj wrote:Hello everyone! I also am an accepted student for the fall (deferred during last year's cycle). I am in the twenties on the waitlist for Jeffersonian, so hoping for the best for all of us. :)



Welcome to our thread and look forward to seeing you in Charlottesville!

I am pretty sure law school is better suited for Ravenclaw and Slytherin than Gryffindor, fyi.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby RCO2012 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Gooner91 wrote:
jjennyjj wrote:Hello everyone! I also am an accepted student for the fall (deferred during last year's cycle). I am in the twenties on the waitlist for Jeffersonian, so hoping for the best for all of us. :)



Welcome to our thread and look forward to seeing you in Charlottesville!

I am pretty sure law school is better suited for Ravenclaw and Slytherin than Gryffindor, fyi.


Lol idk I think UVA has a fighting shot for Gryffindor!

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2017

Postby Gooner91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:55 pm

RCO2012 wrote:
Gooner91 wrote:
jjennyjj wrote:Hello everyone! I also am an accepted student for the fall (deferred during last year's cycle). I am in the twenties on the waitlist for Jeffersonian, so hoping for the best for all of us. :)



Welcome to our thread and look forward to seeing you in Charlottesville!

I am pretty sure law school is better suited for Ravenclaw and Slytherin than Gryffindor, fyi.


Lol idk I think UVA has a fighting shot for Gryffindor!


Haha, it seems more suitable for Gryffindor than some other schools I suppose.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest