mt2165 wrote:tinagroan wrote:I asked to have my scholarship offer renegotiated two weeks ago. Got an immediate email back saying they would make a decision "soon" but nothing since. Is it appropriate to ask about the status of my offer or am I jumping the gun? I've got a seat deposit date coming up tomorrow at another school so I'm antsy.
(For the record, 167/3.87, initial offer 20k a year. Nothing that screams I DESERVE MORE MONEY but the initial quick response made me so hopeful)
First off tina, I absolutely love your avatar. Just brilliant. Secondly I confronted a similar problem and I just put my first deposit down at the other school. Especially if the other choice involves substantial scholarship, it's really worth to secure that for a while longer. If you're worried but the ethical nature of multiple deposits, just know that by the time that information is dispersed (who still has multiple deposits) you'll be in a position to withdraw those deposits (you'll have all the pertinent info). My .02
Thanks! Tina has been my spirit animal from the LSAT on, so it felt appropriate. That was pretty much in line with my thinking. Guess I'll just have to nut up and face a double deposit.