Cornell Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:52 am

"Oh hey, you're Lavitz."

WHO ARE YOU?!!!

scarecrow
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:13 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby scarecrow » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:08 am

Haha Lavitz, I didn't do that last night but I do know who you are since you've been pretty obvious about it on this board.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:42 am

scarecrow wrote:Haha Lavitz, I didn't do that last night but I do know who you are since you've been pretty obvious about it on this board.

Yeah, I figure everyone knows who I am.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Winter is Coming » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:40 pm

Lavitz, what's the over/under on how long the tab lasts tonight?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Lavitz, what's the over/under on how long the tab lasts tonight?

Our class killed a $500 tab at Moonies in < 10 minutes. But because it's Rulloff's, it may last longer only because there are less bartenders, a line forms, and it takes longer to get drinks. I don't remember how long the end of finals bartab there lasted. Maybe 20 minutes?

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Winter is Coming » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:58 pm

Haha that's what I figured. Gonna wait it out a bit and go later I think. Not worth the stampede for the one free drink.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby SteelPenguin » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:28 pm

Lavitz wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Lavitz, what's the over/under on how long the tab lasts tonight?

Our class killed a $500 tab at Moonies in < 10 minutes. But because it's Rulloff's, it may last longer only because there are less bartenders, a line forms, and it takes longer to get drinks. I don't remember how long the end of finals bartab there lasted. Maybe 20 minutes?


It lasted a little short of 20 minutes yesterday, but the majority of that time was spent by the 2 bartenders making time consuming mixed drinks.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Haha that's what I figured. Gonna wait it out a bit and go later I think. Not worth the stampede for the one free drink.


But watching the stampede is half the fun

User avatar
Toubro
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Toubro » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Heise can get it

zoetroposcope
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby zoetroposcope » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 pm

Hey Lavitz, is there a tradition of bar review (of the drinking variety) at CLS?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:21 pm

zoetroposcope wrote:Hey Lavitz, is there a tradition of bar review (of the drinking variety) at CLS?

We're working on it.

CLSA tried to start this trend last semester. We had one bar review and I don't think many people showed up. There should be another one eventually. Maybe once per month. But we got a bit pre-empted by the monthly mixers they're going to start having.

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby King Cayuga » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:32 am

Sorry, but does anyone else see something highly perverse about the "Boatyard Bash" this Friday? We're paying $15 to go to an overpriced($8 for a watered down cocktail in Ithaca?) cash bar, for a welcome event set up by an organization which receives thousands each year from our student activity fees.

This event made sense last year when it was a booze cruise, which is something we can't ordinarily do, but what exactly would prevent law students from just going to Level B at 9 when no one else is there and holding a much cheaper function ? Corks and More is an interesting place, but if we're going to have to pay full price for every drink I'm not sure what the special allure is. What exactly is the fee for? Hors d'oeuvres and a chance to wear nautical outfits most of us don't own?

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:58 am

King Cayuga wrote:Sorry, but does anyone else see something highly perverse about the "Boatyard Bash" this Friday? We're paying $15 to go to an overpriced($8 for a watered down cocktail in Ithaca?) cash bar, for a welcome event set up by an organization which receives thousands each year from our student activity fees.

This event made sense last year when it was a booze cruise, which is something we can't ordinarily do, but what exactly would prevent law students from just going to Level B at 9 when no one else is there and holding a much cheaper function ? Corks and More is an interesting place, but if we're going to have to pay full price for every drink I'm not sure what the special allure is. What exactly is the fee for? Hors d'oeuvres and a chance to wear nautical outfits most of us don't own?

wut

The price is to cover the cost of reserving the whole bar for law students on a Friday night, hors d'oeuvres, and the buses. Yeah, you can go to Level B on a night when nobody else is there, but that would inevitably be night when you have class the next day.

And all the money in activities fees gets distributed to other clubs. Whenever CLSA has a large event, it has to charge to pay for it, and it still runs out of money by the end of the year.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm wearing boatshoes, hope that's nautical enough for everyone.

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby mt2165 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 am

Im gunna bump this for good ole times.....how much does everyone hate their lives right now

User avatar
King Cayuga
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby King Cayuga » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 am

On a scale of 1 to 10, 7. It'll probably go up once I hand in my memo and realize I have 2.5 weeks of practice exams to look forward to before finals.

I seriously contemplated not going home for Thanksgiving just because one of my friends told me they weren't going back(they live in CA) and I started worrying about all the work they would get done. Now I know why everyone told me that your worst personality traits will come out...

User avatar
mt2165
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby mt2165 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:58 am

King Cayuga wrote:On a scale of 1 to 10, 7. It'll probably go up once I hand in my memo and realize I have 2.5 weeks of practice exams to look forward to before finals.

I seriously contemplated not going home for Thanksgiving just because one of my friends told me they weren't going back(they live in CA) and I started worrying about all the work they would get done. Now I know why everyone told me that your worst personality traits will come out...


yeah 7 is a good number, I smiled yesterday, that def wont happen again for a while

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby toothbrush » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:58 am

I have 2.5 weeks of practice exams to look forward to before finals.

You definitely don't need to take 2.5 weeks of practice exams - and not many people will. Look to "study" for a good amount before burning through exams. A bit like the LSAT - do prep questions to learn the basics before jumping into full exams

I seriously contemplated not going home for Thanksgiving just because one of my friends told me they weren't going back(they live in CA)

ah, the great debate. Know yourself and do what is best for you. Many people went home for thanksgiving and some of them did very well. There is no correlation between going home and doing poorly. No worries!

and I started worrying about all the work they would get done.

Goes both ways. Just bc people stay doesn't mean they will study. There is a bunch of thanksgiving activities people will engage in. Again, dont generalize to freak yourself out.
Now I know why everyone told me that your worst personality traits will come out...

:lol:

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3094
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:14 pm

runinthefront wrote:After thinking to myself "Who literally knows everything about Cornell?" while pondering who Lavitz could possibly be,the answer suddenly dawned on me. :lol: :lol:

Too bad you were wrong.

Oh, and good luck on finals.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Winter is Coming » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:22 pm

Know this is way too early to even be thinking about, but when are grades posted? Is there a set day in January or do they just start appearing in the Student Center online randomly at some point.

Good luck guys, 1 down.

User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1053
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby runinthefront » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:25 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Know this is way too early to even be thinking about, but when are grades posted? Is there a set day in January or do they just start appearing in the Student Center online randomly at some point.

Good luck guys, 1 down.


Grades are posted on January 9th.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby toothbrush » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:26 pm

runinthefront wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Know this is way too early to even be thinking about, but when are grades posted? Is there a set day in January or do they just start appearing in the Student Center online randomly at some point.

Good luck guys, 1 down.


Grades are posted on January 9th.

not to get you guys obsessed about it, but iirc they came out a few days ahead in the past few years. so maybe the 7th or 8th. Pretty sure the school gives the professors some deadline for 1L grades and then once they have them all the registrar released - so if no hiccups, could be early.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest