Cornell Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
User avatar
Arkham
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Arkham » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:I got roped into the first row of my small section. Dammit.

But Dorf seems awesome.

Dorf was my favourite prof last year. He'll spend a lot of time on stuff that doesn't matter at all for exams, but I found it all really interesting.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lavitz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 pm

I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Lavitz wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:I had a hilariously difficult time trying to navigate the library to find my book locker today.

Were you the 1L I helped find his book locker? Because I had a difficult time helping him find it too. :lol:


Haha no that wasn't me, but glad to know its like a scavenger hunt for everyone.

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lincoln » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:03 am

vicpin5190 wrote:
Arkham wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:I got roped into the first row of my small section. Dammit.

But Dorf seems awesome.

Dorf was my favourite prof last year. He'll spend a lot of time on stuff that doesn't matter at all for exams, but I found it all really interesting.


yeah he noted that in our small section meeting, or at least he said he prefers you don't spend a lot of time taking notes and that he'd make it obvious when something he says is important.

If his class is super discussion oriented, I think I will like that. An 8 hour take home exam sounds brutal, though.


They're honestly not bad. Dorf's exams are kind of like a regular 4-hour one with less time pressure. And it's the 24-hr or 48-hr take-homes that really kill you.

User avatar
Arkham
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Arkham » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:33 am

vicpin5190 wrote:
Arkham wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:I got roped into the first row of my small section. Dammit.

But Dorf seems awesome.

Dorf was my favourite prof last year. He'll spend a lot of time on stuff that doesn't matter at all for exams, but I found it all really interesting.


yeah he noted that in our small section meeting, or at least he said he prefers you don't spend a lot of time taking notes and that he'd make it obvious when something he says is important.

If his class is super discussion oriented, I think I will like that. An 8 hour take home exam sounds brutal, though.

Yeah, and I really do recommend using the full eight hours. It's one 2,500 word essay though, so eight hours really is plenty of time. As another poster said, the time takes the pressure off a bit and you can submit something decent.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lavitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Lavitz wrote:I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

Told you so.

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby masked kavana » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:26 pm

Lavitz wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

Told you so.


I thought you did a good job Thanks for all of the help!

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lavitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:28 pm

masked kavana wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

Told you so.


I thought you did a good job Thanks for all of the help!

:shock:

masked kavana
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby masked kavana » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Lavitz wrote:
masked kavana wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

Told you so.


I thought you did a good job Thanks for all of the help!

:shock:


Haha I went to say hi afterwards but you were busy with the ladiez

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lavitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:24 pm

masked kavana wrote:Haha I went to say hi afterwards but you were busy with the ladiez

LOL

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby toothbrush » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Lavitz wrote:
masked kavana wrote:Haha I went to say hi afterwards but you were busy with the ladiez

LOL

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Lavitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Image

Fruginator
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:58 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017: The Final Countdown

Postby Fruginator » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:44 pm

masked kavana wrote:
Lavitz wrote:
Lavitz wrote:I apologize in advance to whoever gets me as a tour guide tomorrow.

Told you so.


I thought you did a good job Thanks for all of the help!


I agree, I thought your tour was good.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby toothbrush » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 pm

lavitz you gotta let that meme pic die pls

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 pm

toothbrush wrote:lavitz you gotta let that meme pic die pls

Nope. The "ladiez" love it. :wink:

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby toothbrush » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:36 pm

Lavitz wrote:
toothbrush wrote:lavitz you gotta let that meme pic die pls

Nope. The "ladiez" love it. :wink:

in addition to letting meme die, stop referring to them as 'ladiez' :lol:

User avatar
runinthefront
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:18 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby runinthefront » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:12 pm

.
Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby SteelPenguin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:41 am

Are you ready for some cold calls?!

User avatar
bombaysippin
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby bombaysippin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:07 am

SteelPenguin wrote:Are you ready for some cold calls?!

bring it on

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Winter is Coming » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Clermont's iClickers make Civ Pro seem like a bizarre and more confusing version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3096
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby Lavitz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Section A, make your fb group private so I don't have to see your posts on my newsfeed, thanks.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:21 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Class of 2017

Postby toothbrush » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:28 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:Heise is the man

did he hand out any lollipops




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest