Georgetown Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
1
5%
Civ Pro
7
37%
Torts
2
11%
Con Law
0
No votes
Crim
0
No votes
LRW
2
11%
I'm in §3...
7
37%
 
Total votes: 19

misanthrope
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby misanthrope » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:12 pm

Rising 2L here. Let me know if you have any questions, especially about the IP scene at GULC/the DC area.

awoodard
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby awoodard » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Anyone know what the printing situation is like at GULC in the library, etc.? Trying to decide whether it's worth it to buy a printer.

linkx13
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby linkx13 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Is the Student Advantage program worth $20?

misanthrope
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby misanthrope » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:36 pm

linkx13 wrote:Is the Student Advantage program worth $20?

LOL no.

misanthrope
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby misanthrope » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 pm

awoodard wrote:Anyone know what the printing situation is like at GULC in the library, etc.? Trying to decide whether it's worth it to buy a printer.


.10 per page usually. I would buy a printer, but if you are living on campus, make sure you DO NOT purchase a wireless printer. On-campus WIFI is abysmal.

User avatar
outlawscr10
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby outlawscr10 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Any of the looming 2Ls have Gelpern or Molot last year?

schmooky
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:03 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby schmooky » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:36 pm

.
Last edited by schmooky on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bfalcon
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Bfalcon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:31 am

misanthrope wrote:
awoodard wrote:Anyone know what the printing situation is like at GULC in the library, etc.? Trying to decide whether it's worth it to buy a printer.


.10 per page usually. I would buy a printer, but if you are living on campus, make sure you DO NOT purchase a wireless printer. On-campus WIFI is abysmal.


Its not 10 cents a page. It's 7, but I believe it's going up to 8 cents a page. Buying your own printer and then the actual cost of ink and paper aren't that far off. If you have profs that have no-laptop policies, then it may be worth it (to print out notes for each class), but otherwise...

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby BmoreOrLess » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:35 am

Does anyone know what the deal is for the optional orientation events on Monday and Tuesday?

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:44 pm

IIRC it looked like mostly social groups. Like if you're interested in joining a student group there would be reps there to tell you about it.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 pm

Anyone seen any info as far as books? It'd be nice to get a list of required books now so you can look for good used copies on the internet.

Rangers5
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Rangers5 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 pm

http://www.bkstr.com/georgetownlawstore ... -materials

You can use this link to check the books for your classes. Not all classes have the books up yet but some do. You'll need the course #'s that are on your schedule.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Rangers5 wrote:http://www.bkstr.com/georgetownlawstore/shop/textbooks-and-course-materials

You can use this link to check the books for your classes. Not all classes have the books up yet but some do. You'll need the course #'s that are on your schedule.


Awesome, appreciate it.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:32 pm

Anyone up for grabbing a drink sometime this weekend? I know most of the Gewirz people haven't moved in yet, but if anyone is in town I'd be down for meeting some people from the 1L class.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:09 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Anyone up for grabbing a drink sometime this weekend? I know most of the Gewirz people haven't moved in yet, but if anyone is in town I'd be down for meeting some people from the 1L class.

Let's grab some beers once gewirz moves in.

User avatar
theotherone823
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby theotherone823 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 am

JustHawkin wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Anyone up for grabbing a drink sometime this weekend? I know most of the Gewirz people haven't moved in yet, but if anyone is in town I'd be down for meeting some people from the 1L class.

Let's grab some beers once gewirz moves in.



Speaking of which, when is everyone moving? Maybe we should update the poll?

Non-Gewirz here moving around the 16th.

User avatar
ldlamb
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby ldlamb » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I have been in beautiful Gaithersburg for two weeks already.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:03 am

Sorry guys, I've been a lackluster OP...

Poll has been updated!

Anyone start buying books yet? I've bitten on a couple good Amazon and Bigwords.com deals, saved about $100-$150 on books so far!

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:54 pm

I've rented a few from Amazon. So far, so good, although since we don't know our sections for some classes until orientation, it may be hard to get books in time for class without going through the university book store.

awoodard
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby awoodard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:23 pm

I've bought two from amazon, found great deals on contracts and civil procedure for those of yall in section 2. But ditto to not knowing all our profs yet and probably having to buy from the bookstore if I can't get them with prime.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby BmoreOrLess » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 pm

awoodard wrote:I've bought two from amazon, found great deals on contracts and civil procedure for those of yall in section 2. But ditto to not knowing all our profs yet and probably having to buy from the bookstore if I can't get them with prime.


Did the same for section my section.
Last edited by BmoreOrLess on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:22 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:I've rented a few from Amazon. So far, so good, although since we don't know our sections for some classes until orientation, it may be hard to get books in time for class without going through the university book store.

That amazon prime though.

ConLawNerd91
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby ConLawNerd91 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Section 1 checking in! Excited to meet everyone :)

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4110
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:52 pm

Section 1 here as well. Welcome.

Smitty7049
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Smitty7049 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:52 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Anyone up for grabbing a drink sometime this weekend? I know most of the Gewirz people haven't moved in yet, but if anyone is in town I'd be down for meeting some people from the 1L class.


I just saw this, but I'm local. Let me know if you plan something.




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest