Georgetown Class of 2017

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
1
5%
Civ Pro
7
37%
Torts
2
11%
Con Law
0
No votes
Crim
0
No votes
LRW
2
11%
I'm in §3...
7
37%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
deuceindc
Posts: 247
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby deuceindc » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Glasseyes wrote:I guess there's hope. Still. ANY response would be nice, even just to say "nah brah".


Similar situation here - submitted my request almost a month ago, was told "no later than mid-April" but haven't heard a word.

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Glasseyes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 pm

deuceindc wrote:
Glasseyes wrote:I guess there's hope. Still. ANY response would be nice, even just to say "nah brah".


Similar situation here - submitted my request almost a month ago, was told "no later than mid-April" but haven't heard a word.


Pure speculation, but we're probably both in the "maybe later" pile.

fvni
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby fvni » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:57 pm

I was originally given only need-based aid. I sent the Admissions Office an email, and was reconsidered for merit-based aid. I was contacted yesterday with a notice that I am now being offered a merit scholarship. The deadline to accept the scholarship is 4/28.

My question is... Will I be able to negotiate for more aid after accepting this scholarship offer? I'm afraid they'll take too long to decide and the offer will disappear, but I'm thinking that they'll have more money to offer after the seat deposit deadlines.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, folks. :oops:

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Slytherpuff » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Just deposited today! Excited to be in DC this fall!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Is anybody going to be at the admitted students day tomorrow?

Edit: Had a great time on campus!
Last edited by JustHawkin on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Glasseyes » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:53 am

fvni wrote:I was originally given only need-based aid. I sent the Admissions Office an email, and was reconsidered for merit-based aid. I was contacted yesterday with a notice that I am now being offered a merit scholarship. The deadline to accept the scholarship is 4/28.

My question is... Will I be able to negotiate for more aid after accepting this scholarship offer? I'm afraid they'll take too long to decide and the offer will disappear, but I'm thinking that they'll have more money to offer after the seat deposit deadlines.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, folks. :oops:


When in doubt, call the admissions office. Better safe than sorry.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby emmybee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:26 am

Can anyone shed light on the bindingness of the Intent to Enroll form? It doesn't mention withdrawing from other schools... Does anyone have insight about this?

I know the topic has been touched upon earlier in the thread but no one seemed to have a definitive answer. Thanks guys!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:27 am

emmybee wrote:Can anyone shed light on the bindingness of the Intent to Enroll form? It doesn't mention withdrawing from other schools... Does anyone have insight about this?

I know the topic has been touched upon earlier in the thread but no one seemed to have a definitive answer. Thanks guys!

It's the same as any other school's first deposit.

User avatar
emmybee
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby emmybee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:34 am

JustHawkin wrote:
emmybee wrote:Can anyone shed light on the bindingness of the Intent to Enroll form? It doesn't mention withdrawing from other schools... Does anyone have insight about this?

I know the topic has been touched upon earlier in the thread but no one seemed to have a definitive answer. Thanks guys!

It's the same as any other school's first deposit.


Thank you JustHawkin! My concern is that some schools first deposit (i.e. Duke) have language specifying that the student has withdrawn from other schools, while other schools (i.e. UVA) do not have that exclusive language. It just weirds me out that my seat deposits at GULC have been waived and replaced with this Intent form. Eiiip!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:47 am

emmybee wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:
emmybee wrote:Can anyone shed light on the bindingness of the Intent to Enroll form? It doesn't mention withdrawing from other schools... Does anyone have insight about this?

I know the topic has been touched upon earlier in the thread but no one seemed to have a definitive answer. Thanks guys!

It's the same as any other school's first deposit.


Thank you JustHawkin! My concern is that some schools first deposit (i.e. Duke) have language specifying that the student has withdrawn from other schools, while other schools (i.e. UVA) do not have that exclusive language. It just weirds me out that my seat deposits at GULC have been waived and replaced with this Intent form. Eiiip!


You can always call and check, that seems like a reasonable question. But it seems as if you have a defense, if there is no language specifically stating to WD.

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Slytherpuff » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 pm

For people who emailed in their intent to enroll form... did you get a confirmation from GULC? My payment went through fine but I haven't heard anything from them.

Edit: Wow, literally just got the email after I posted. Never mind!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Pretty official I will be seeing you guys in the fall!

:P

User avatar
Slytherpuff
Posts: 2301
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:08 pm

JustHawkin wrote:Pretty official I will be seeing you guys in the fall!

:P

:D Welcome!

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:04 pm

fkt18 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Pretty official I will be seeing you guys in the fall!

:P

:D Welcome!

Thanks!

Hoping to meet fellow TLSers IRL!

linkx13
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby linkx13 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:07 am

JustHawkin wrote:
fkt18 wrote:
JustHawkin wrote:Pretty official I will be seeing you guys in the fall!

:P

:D Welcome!

Thanks!

Hoping to meet fellow TLSers IRL!


Should make a facebook group :P

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:44 am

linkx13 wrote:Should make a facebook group :P

Done. PM me if you want in!

crimson34
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:14 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby crimson34 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:58 am

Hey guys,

Well I finished negotiating on my scholarships I think (pretty sure I've squeezed them for everything I can get) and have put in my deposit. Excited that I'll be going to Georgetown next year.

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:08 am

crimson34 wrote:Hey guys,

Well I finished negotiating on my scholarships I think (pretty sure I've squeezed them for everything I can get) and have put in my deposit. Excited that I'll be going to Georgetown next year.

Congrats! post on the C/O 2017 thread that is stickied so we get our # count up!

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4114
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby TheSpanishMain » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 am

We should organize a TLS meetup at a bar sometime before classes start

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1753
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:38 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:We should organize a TLS meetup at a bar sometime before classes start

TCR

User avatar
waddle
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby waddle » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Has anyone's tracker actually updated saying Georgetown received the official undergrad transcript? May 1 is coming up, and I'm seeing notta

SoCal_Stripe
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby SoCal_Stripe » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 pm

waddle wrote:Has anyone's tracker actually updated saying Georgetown received the official undergrad transcript? May 1 is coming up, and I'm seeing notta


Mine has

User avatar
ohhdear
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby ohhdear » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:02 pm

SoCal_Stripe wrote:
waddle wrote:Has anyone's tracker actually updated saying Georgetown received the official undergrad transcript? May 1 is coming up, and I'm seeing notta


Mine has


So has mine.

User avatar
Glasseyes
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby Glasseyes » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:34 pm

What's this tracker you guys are mentioning? Is it something that becomes available after you deposit, or am I missing something obvious?

BrotherNature
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Postby BrotherNature » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Glasseyes wrote:What's this tracker you guys are mentioning? Is it something that becomes available after you deposit, or am I missing something obvious?


Its just the regular LSAC status checker for GTown




Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest