Georgetown Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
5%
Civ Pro
35%
Torts
10%
Con Law
5%
Crim
No votes
LRW
10%
I'm in §3...
35%

Total votes: 20

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm

redial38 wrote:So does that mean that if you didn't get the e-mail, unless you request for consideration, you won't get ANY money at ALL from GT? It's very unlikely I'll be getting any need-based aid, and if I have to pay full price at GULC that would definitely sway my ultimate decision...
The consensus seems to be...maybe. Ha. If I'd been accepted later in the cycle I may just have chalked it up to that, but I was admitted in November so I feel like not getting the email means I'm not currently being considering for merit aid (until I ask and hopefully change that! maybe).

redial38

New

Post by redial38 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:41 pm

ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
redial38 wrote:So does that mean that if you didn't get the e-mail, unless you request for consideration, you won't get ANY money at ALL from GT? It's very unlikely I'll be getting any need-based aid, and if I have to pay full price at GULC that would definitely sway my ultimate decision...
The consensus seems to be...maybe. Ha. If I'd been accepted later in the cycle I may just have chalked it up to that, but I was admitted in November so I feel like not getting the email means I'm not currently being considering for merit aid (until I ask and hopefully change that! maybe).
So I just talked to a friend who is a 1L at Georgetown now. She said she had to ask to be considered, then wrote a short paragraph, and she did receive a scholarship. So all hope for us may not be lost!

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:43 pm

redial38 wrote:
ZipWhenSheMoves wrote:
So I just talked to a friend who is a 1L at Georgetown now. She said she had to ask to be considered, then wrote a short paragraph, and she did receive a scholarship. So all hope for us may not be lost!
Excellent! Ya, in my email, I asked if there was anything I should do to be considered, hopefully they will present me with the option to do that.

Will keep you all updated.

kcdc1

Silver

Post by kcdc1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:03 pm

Communicated to Gtown the other day and asked about schollies. They said all applicants will be considered and awards would begin in early March. No additional steps necessary at this time. Georgetown is one of my top 2, so I'll probably start inquiring further in March if I don't hear anything.

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:04 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Communicated to Gtown the other day and asked about schollies. They said all applicants will be considered and awards would begin in early March. No additional steps necessary at this time. Georgetown is one of my top 2, so I'll probably start inquiring further in March if I don't hear anything.
I am so glad this contradicts me!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ShrimpToastMasters

Bronze

Post by ShrimpToastMasters » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Anyone going to NYC reception tomorrow?

blackbirdfly

Bronze

Post by blackbirdfly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:45 pm

kcdc1 wrote:Communicated to Gtown the other day and asked about schollies. They said all applicants will be considered and awards would begin in early March. No additional steps necessary at this time. Georgetown is one of my top 2, so I'll probably start inquiring further in March if I don't hear anything.
Good to know!

linkx13

Bronze

Post by linkx13 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:33 pm

ShrimpToastMasters wrote:Anyone going to NYC reception tomorrow?
I'm still not clear exactly what this reception is and what it is for

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm sad the Admitted Student day tomorrow was cancelled. On the upside, I won't likely have work... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kls120

New

Post by kls120 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Has anybody done a self-guided tour? How did that work out? Today's admitted students day was the only date I was able to make but it got cancelled.

mraemorris

New

Post by mraemorris » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:21 pm

kls120 wrote:Has anybody done a self-guided tour? How did that work out? Today's admitted students day was the only date I was able to make but it got cancelled.
I may or may not have snuck in the weekend before last (I happened to be running in the neighborhood when I spontaneously decided to check it out, and there was no one at the door, so I just walked in). I wouldn't recommend it, at least on the weekend when most stuff is closed. I did get to see some of the classrooms, but I couldn't get into the library or the student center (building with the gym) - those were both staffed entrances. Maybe when the weather is warmer, especially during the week - I would email admissions and ask. I'm sure they can spare someone for half an hour to show you around. Admissions has been surprisingly responsive for me, given their crazy work load this time of year.

Good luck!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Is anyone going to the March 6th Admitted Students Day?

UserNameHere

Bronze

Post by UserNameHere » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm

fkt18 wrote:Is anyone going to the March 6th Admitted Students Day?
If you're actually Emma Watson, then count me in! :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Got a big like, book thing in the mail today.

It was nice to get something from Georgetown that was more than a minuscule letter.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:12 pm

barrelofmonkeys wrote:Got a big like, book thing in the mail today.

It was nice to get something from Georgetown that was more than a minuscule letter.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 am

Imagine...dancing in the National Portrait Gallery? :?

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:27 am

Got that too. It was pretty lengthy, and hard to keep open. But nice. I especially liked the part at the end that described the various neighborhoods that GULC people tend to live in. I wish other schools did that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:44 pm

lawschool22 wrote:

Got that too. It was pretty lengthy, and hard to keep open. But nice. I especially liked the part at the end that described the various neighborhoods that GULC people tend to live in. I wish other schools did that.
Ooooo. Got my two pieces of paper in the mail yesterday. Excited for something more substantial lol

politics89

Bronze

Post by politics89 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Can anyone clarify the difference between the single admit days and the two-day "weekends"?

UserNameHere

Bronze

Post by UserNameHere » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:36 pm

politics89 wrote:Can anyone clarify the difference between the single admit days and the two-day "weekends"?
One is one day, the other is two days? :lol:

Honestly, I think the whole point is to afford you flexibility. I wouldn't get worked up over which is better etc. etc. They're just trying to get you to campus.

Londonbear

Bronze

Anyone ED?

Post by Londonbear » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:58 am

Has anyone that's ED received any merit aid information at all?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Re: Anyone ED?

Post by BmoreOrLess » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Londonbear wrote:Has anyone that's ED received any merit aid information at all?
Didn't the app say not to apply ED if you need merit aid?

cactusflower

Bronze

Re: Anyone ED?

Post by cactusflower » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:18 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Londonbear wrote:Has anyone that's ED received any merit aid information at all?
Didn't the app say not to apply ED if you need merit aid?

I can't see them denying need-based aid to an applicant simply because they applied ED but merit aid, perhaps.
Last edited by cactusflower on Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Londonbear

Bronze

Post by Londonbear » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm

According to their website it says:
"Any candidate for whom receipt of institutional financial aid is a prerequisite for enrolling should not apply through the Early Decision process."

But I'm wondering if it's wishful thinking that they might just grant some kind of aid to ED students in the past or current.

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Londonbear wrote:According to their website it says:
"Any candidate for whom receipt of institutional financial aid is a prerequisite for enrolling should not apply through the Early Decision process."

But I'm wondering if it's wishful thinking that they might just grant some kind of aid to ED students in the past or current.
I'm thinking merit-based aid might be a bit of wishful thinking... depending on your numbers... I'm a splitter so I'm not super hopeful.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”