Georgetown Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
5%
Civ Pro
35%
Torts
10%
Con Law
5%
Crim
No votes
LRW
10%
I'm in §3...
35%

Total votes: 20

scoobysnax

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Post by scoobysnax » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Just got the scholarship offer. Kind of hate the fact that the deadline is April 4.

lowdmouse

New

Post by lowdmouse » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm

"For those receiving the initial offers, the response deadline is April 4th. We will be able to update you by the second week of April with more information. We understand that you may be facing decision deadlines at other schools, and appreciate your patience up to this point. "

So does this language mean that Alternates wont get offers until the second week of April (which, given Georgetown's history with deadlines, means third week)? My Duke deadline is the 11th. So I'll have 7 days for Georgetown to see who took offers, decide what to give me, tell me, and accept. Awesome. Makin it real hard to accept, G'town.

PrideandGlory1776

Bronze

Post by PrideandGlory1776 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Any1 else get offered $0? Just depressing lol

vivala

Bronze

Post by vivala » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Does anyone know if the intent to enroll form just means we're committed to paying the deposit, or next year's tuition? April 4 is so soon!

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:52 pm

This entire application, interviewing, and scholarship process has been pretty frustrating. I guess I'll be waiting for a while as an "alternate"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lald99

New

Post by lald99 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am

Was offered 75K, but disappointed after higher offer from Mich. Perhaps they will match, but realistically it'd take a higher offer to sway decision.

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm

Offered 0$, selected as an alternate. I think I'll reply saying I've selected GULC as an alternate for where to do my JD, and they can expect to hear from me by mid-April 2017.

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:17 pm

kkdk wrote:Offered 0$, selected as an alternate. I think I'll reply saying I've selected GULC as an alternate for where to do my JD, and they can expect to hear from me by mid-April 2017.
lol. +1

BoyOhBoyle

New

Post by BoyOhBoyle » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:51 pm

So am I crazy, or is the Yellow form not available yet? It says its required for the need-based financial aid, but I can't find it on their website. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Seems silly that it wouldn't be available since the priority deadline is 4 days from now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm

BoyOhBoyle wrote:So am I crazy, or is the Yellow form not available yet? It says its required for the need-based financial aid, but I can't find it on their website. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Seems silly that it wouldn't be available since the priority deadline is 4 days from now.
Lol no you aren't.

And am I crazy, or did they extend the financial aid filing deadline to March 31st??: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... New-JD.cfm

BoyOhBoyle

New

Post by BoyOhBoyle » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 pm

cactusflower wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:So am I crazy, or is the Yellow form not available yet? It says its required for the need-based financial aid, but I can't find it on their website. Am I just looking in the wrong places? Seems silly that it wouldn't be available since the priority deadline is 4 days from now.
Lol no you aren't.

And am I crazy, or did they extend the financial aid filing deadline to March 31st??: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... New-JD.cfm
:oops: I was so shocked that the yellow form wasn't there, apparently I missed that part! My bad, thanks cactusflower!

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 pm

BoyOhBoyle wrote:
cactusflower wrote:
Lol no you aren't.

:oops: I was so shocked that the yellow form wasn't there, apparently I missed that part! My bad, thanks cactusflower!
Lol no prob. It seems weird that they just changed the deadline without letting us know. I've been PATIENTLY waiting on my parents to finish their taxes for weeks now :evil: and have been checking the financial aid website religiously to make sure I don't miss the deadline.

Going to give them a call tomorrow to confirm that the deadline has indeed been extended/inquire about the yellow form. I'll let everyone know what I find out!

outlawscr10

Bronze

Post by outlawscr10 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 am

cactusflower wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:
cactusflower wrote:
Lol no you aren't.

Lol no prob. It seems weird that they just changed the deadline without letting us know. I've been PATIENTLY waiting on my parents to finish their taxes for weeks now :evil: and have been checking the financial aid website religiously to make sure I don't miss the deadline.

Going to give them a call tomorrow to confirm that the deadline has indeed been extended/inquire about the yellow form. I'll let everyone know what I find out!
You're a saint.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cactusflower

Bronze

Post by cactusflower » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 am

outlawscr10 wrote:
cactusflower wrote:
BoyOhBoyle wrote:
cactusflower wrote:
Lol no you aren't.

You're a saint.
Okay, just got off the phone with a fin aid rep! The deadline HAS been extended to March 31st and there is no "penalty" for applying right up to the deadline; I asked him this multiple times in different ways to make sure.

Apparently it takes them 2-3 weeks after all the steps are complete to make an offer and it takes a while for their system to receive our NeedAccess and FAFSA info so completing these steps well before the March 31st deadline will mean a faster turnaround time/ more time to decide before deposit deadlines.

Re: the mysterious Yellow Form, the rep said we should be receiving an email with instructions on how to complete it before the end of the week, yay! Apparently it is pretty straightforward (unlike NeedAccess!)

snapdragon25

Bronze

Post by snapdragon25 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Tales from the trenches: I just submitted the yellow form and it was super easy. The only thing I had to look up was how much money is in my bank accounts. I'm a little disappointed there was nothing yellow about the form though :/

Figuring out how to log in took a little while because the instructions are kind of confusing. You have to log into the admitted students site and click on the netid thing on the right side, and there you'll find your netid and gocard number. To log into the page with the yellow form, you use your netid as your username, and your password is "gu" and then the last 6 digits of your gocard number.

My parents were getting antsy about filling out the needaccess, so I wanted to do the yellow form and see if it needed any additional parent info (it doesn't).

winterorange

New

Post by winterorange » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 pm

For those having trouble logging in with the gu password, I had to change my password on the admitted students' site before it let me log in.

redsoxfan1989

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan1989 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:30 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:Tales from the trenches: I just submitted the yellow form and it was super easy. The only thing I had to look up was how much money is in my bank accounts. I'm a little disappointed there was nothing yellow about the form though :/

Figuring out how to log in took a little while because the instructions are kind of confusing. You have to log into the admitted students site and click on the netid thing on the right side, and there you'll find your netid and gocard number. To log into the page with the yellow form, you use your netid as your username, and your password is "gu" and then the last 6 digits of your gocard number.

My parents were getting antsy about filling out the needaccess, so I wanted to do the yellow form and see if it needed any additional parent info (it doesn't).

After you logon to your account with your gocard number, where is the form located? It's not immediately clear where it is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

winterorange

New

Post by winterorange » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 pm

redsoxfan1989 wrote:After you logon to your account with your gocard number, where is the form located? It's not immediately clear where it is.
If you go here and click on the Yellow Application link, it should take you there.

bfc2013

New

Post by bfc2013 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 pm

Question: About how long after receiving the acceptance letter have people gotten the initial "tell us why we should give you a scholarship" email?

awoodard

New

Post by awoodard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:53 pm

bfc2013 wrote:Question: About how long after receiving the acceptance letter have people gotten the initial "tell us why we should give you a scholarship" email?
I was accepted mid-January and just got the email last Friday, so a little under 2 months.

This is complete speculation, but it seems to me that they have some sort of ranked or grouped list of people they are considering for scholarships, and are sending out those scholarship emails as they move down the list. I could be completely wrong though.

deuceindc

Bronze

Post by deuceindc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Just admitted for PT.

Anyone else planning to attend the Open House 3/26-27?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spicyskittles

New

Post by spicyskittles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm

hey there! Does anyone know if we get or can rent lockers?

PrideandGlory1776

Bronze

Post by PrideandGlory1776 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:28 pm

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Has anyone else been struggling to log on for their Yellow Form? (I'm hoping that it just takes time for your new password to process.)

winterorange

New

Post by winterorange » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 am

fkt18 wrote:Has anyone else been struggling to log on for their Yellow Form? (I'm hoping that it just takes time for your new password to process.)
I had to change my password before it let me log on; the GU password wasn't working for me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”