Georgetown Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

What seems be your hardest class?

Ks
5%
Civ Pro
35%
Torts
10%
Con Law
5%
Crim
No votes
LRW
10%
I'm in §3...
35%

Total votes: 20

lawschool22

Gold

Re: Georgetown Class of 2017

Post by lawschool22 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm

scoobysnax wrote:
lawschool22 wrote:Hello everyone! Checking in.

How long does it take to gain access to the admitted students website after being admitted? I have tried requesting a password but it gives me an error message each time.
I got my email about accessing the site about two weeks after I was accepted, but I could access it about two days before I received the email. I didn't try accessing it before then, but I wouldn't worry unless it's been over two weeks since you were accepted.
Thanks!

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:08 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:

How long does it take to gain access to the admitted students website after being admitted? I have tried requesting a password but it gives me an error message each time.
I got my email about accessing the site about two weeks after I was accepted, but I could access it about two days before I received the email. I didn't try accessing it before then, but I wouldn't worry unless it's been over two weeks since you were accepted.
Thanks!
Congrats and welcome!

arivtal

New

Post by arivtal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am

lawschool22 wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:

Thanks!
Hi, I'm also a recent admit and have been having the same problem. I just got off the phone with Georgetown and they said that they will probably be refreshing the system tomorrow, so recent admits will likely be able to sign in by Monday.

linkx13

Bronze

Post by linkx13 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Anyone going to the ASW by car from NYC on the 22nd? PM me if so

johnjay

New

Post by johnjay » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:18 am

Planning on going to the January ASW, but may only be able to make it for the events on Friday, the 24th. Do you think I will be missing much by skipping Thursday?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scoobysnax

Bronze

Post by scoobysnax » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:32 pm

johnjay wrote:Planning on going to the January ASW, but may only be able to make it for the events on Friday, the 24th. Do you think I will be missing much by skipping Thursday?
I don't think so. It looks like the fancier stuff (like the dinner reception) are on Thursday, but the more substantial things are on Firday.

Anyone else going on Thursday?

MidnightinParis

New

Post by MidnightinParis » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:40 pm

Does anyone know when they tell applicants whether or not they have been accepted into the PILS program?

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:21 am

scoobysnax wrote:
johnjay wrote:Planning on going to the January ASW, but may only be able to make it for the events on Friday, the 24th. Do you think I will be missing much by skipping Thursday?
I don't think so. It looks like the fancier stuff (like the dinner reception) are on Thursday, but the more substantial things are on Firday.

I'll be there Thursday and Friday.

UserNameHere

Bronze

Post by UserNameHere » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

scoobysnax wrote:

I'll be there as I live in DC!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

snapdragon25

Bronze

Post by snapdragon25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am

MidnightinParis wrote:Does anyone know when they tell applicants whether or not they have been accepted into the PILS program?

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... /index.cfm
After looking at previous years' threads, it looks like PILS and GLS decisions come out in March or April

ZipWhenSheMoves

Bronze

Post by ZipWhenSheMoves » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 am

Just Friday for me! See you guys there!

kraffcook

New

Post by kraffcook » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:01 pm

scoobysnax wrote:

Yeah, Friday is much more substantial, but Thursday is a fun day. The best part of the program is usually when everyone goes out together Thursday night and just hang out and get to know students. That's the main appeal of coming both days

leezabee

New

Post by leezabee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 pm

kraffcook wrote:
scoobysnax wrote:

Yeah, Friday is much more substantial, but Thursday is a fun day. The best part of the program is usually when everyone goes out together Thursday night and just hang out and get to know students. That's the main appeal of coming both days
Good advice. I was on the fence about going for both days, but I work near the campus, so I'll probably just duck out early on Thursday to get the last few minutes of registration.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snapdragon25

Bronze

Post by snapdragon25 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Anyone up for a TLS meet-up Wednesday night??

UserNameHere

Bronze

Post by UserNameHere » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:Anyone up for a TLS meet-up Wednesday night??
Why not? +1

linkx13

Bronze

Post by linkx13 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm down. I don't get in till about 9:30 though.

kraffcook

New

Post by kraffcook » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 pm

linkx13 wrote:
I'd join you guys, but I'll be busy getting my work done so I can be free all day on Thursday. If you need any suggestions for places to meet up though, let me know

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

snapdragon25

Bronze

Post by snapdragon25 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:44 pm

kraffcook wrote:
linkx13 wrote:
I'd join you guys, but I'll be busy getting my work done so I can be free all day on Thursday. If you need any suggestions for places to meet up though, let me know
Suggestions would be great!

Ambi-Turner

Bronze

Post by Ambi-Turner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Hey guys, did any of you try to access the ASW before getting your formal acceptance letters, get a temporary username/password combo, and then get an "Invalid username/password combination" flag when you tried to log in? It's happening to a bunch of us in the other thread, and I feel like I've heard about it happening to other Georgetown people in some thread, but I can't remember which one. Anyway, I'm hoping that I actually did get in and it's not just a technological snafu. Please let me know if this happened to you! Thanks!

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:52 pm

While I was admitted a couple months before the ASW was active, I can say that a lot of us experienced a lag in accessing the site. I received the email telling me the site was up but was unable to actually log in for another 24 hours. I think the admissions office manually plugs in people after they've admitted them, so there is often a slight delay.

I'm sure you were admitted, just give it a little while :)

Ambi-Turner

Bronze

Post by Ambi-Turner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 pm

kershka wrote:While I was admitted a couple months before the ASW was active, I can say that a lot of us experienced a lag in accessing the site. I received the email telling me the site was up but was unable to actually log in for another 24 hours. I think the admissions office manually plugs in people after they've admitted them, so there is often a slight delay.

I'm sure you were admitted, just give it a little while :)
Thanks for the reassurance! :) My postman only comes once a week (I have no idea why) so I've been freaking out about my letter getting lost, etc.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jannah77

New

Post by jannah77 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:19 pm

I'll be at the ASW. I'm getting in Thursday at 11:30AM. I want to do the Supreme Court visit; does anyone know how far DCA is from the school? If not, I think I'm sitting in the 1PM Criminal Justice class.

Is anyone else staying with an overnight host?

If anyone else is getting to DCA around the same time, PM me if you're interested in sharing a cab!

lawschool22

Gold

Post by lawschool22 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:58 pm

jannah77 wrote:I'll be at the ASW. I'm getting in Thursday at 11:30AM. I want to do the Supreme Court visit; does anyone know how far DCA is from the school? If not, I think I'm sitting in the 1PM Criminal Justice class.

Is anyone else staying with an overnight host?

If anyone else is getting to DCA around the same time, PM me if you're interested in sharing a cab!
Probably a 20-30ish minute ride on the yellow line to the Galleryplace/Chinatown metro. Then only a 3 block walk to GULC.

BoyOhBoyle

New

Post by BoyOhBoyle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Does anyone know when we should be hearing about scholarships? Better yet, has anyone received a scholarship offer so far? I have been accepted, and I would LOVE to go to Georgetown (it's my top choice) but there is no way I can justify going at sticker with the cost of living being what it is in DC.

Thanks!

awoodard

New

Post by awoodard » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:29 am

Checking in! And probably attending the January ASW since I'm only a few hours away in NC.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”